Manchester United vs Sunderland (03.05.2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minimalist

That is true when he wasn't fit, but when he has been fit than he was one of the few this season that hasn't massively underperformed on a very consistent basis. That list also includes Januzaj, DDG and Mata. All the rest has been shown out this season for what they truely are, not good enough, I'll throw a bone to RVP because he hasn't been fit either (and when he was he scored the goals).

United in the last couple of games, not brilliant, but not far as fecked as they were today. Difference between United today and last week (en the weeks before) Rooney on the pitch.

But no go on and bitch how he is the personification of every single problem here at United, while the truth maybay closer to the opposite.
Right so you're one of these idiots who thinks Rooney running around like a headless chicken equates to good effective football. Jesus Christ.

He's been dreadful for the majority of the season due to multiple reasons.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I agree, Van Gaal seems more and more appropriate as the new manager, he's supposed to be a tough old bastard, and these players need a bloody good kick up the arse.
And he doesn't give a feck about reputations.See that bollocking he was giving the Ajax team? Legends now! Back then he drilled the work ethic into them....
what was witnessed today was that Giggs isn't up to managing the team..not like it is anyway.He's far too close to players to make unpopular decisons

The Red Thinker

True and our wide players, in particular, were atrocious today (no surprises there considering the lack of quality). I think the higher tempo football that we wanted would have led to more chances being created though.

You'd think with the amount of leaks we've had this season, that would have come out. I think it might be more to do with the confidence being so low from the poor season that it's hard to pick them up.
There's plenty of precedent to suggest that when a new manager comes in all the bad form goes away and the form picks. Especially after a super performance from last week in the second half. No this is more than a confidence issue.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Carrick has been one of our worst players this season, massive blame falls on his shoulders for our collapse since Fergie left. Truely this guy has fallen so low comparred to his performances last year.

We have always said, we don't have the best midfield, but alteast we have Carrick and when he is fit, he performs on a consistent basis. This season, he is actually been one of our worst midfielders, says it all about this season.
sometimes one year is all it takes to show up. He should not be here next season...to Newcastle probably.

northbynorthwest

The class of 92 is a serious problem. They are very vocal and g neville is rambling on and on about how united play and then scholes is on sky saying fellani is rubbish and so on.

Its a bit like all those liverpool pundits from the 70s who were giving out about there different managers who came in.

We need some soviet union style media enforcement. Anyone who speaks out about man utd and the new manager should be sent to North Korea.

Crashoutcassius

And both of them stayed on but the Spaniard was taken off......the ugly face of racism at Utd
in fairness it's no surprise giggs likes 2 wingers and 2 strikers given his history. united haven't really played a #10 and have won a bunch. he obviously had to start mata but i would guess, could be wrong, that he doesn't love him. he likes pace and directness

The Red Thinker

So you're a nasty person and a bully. Is it just today or as per usual? Just curious
A nasty person and a bully? Really? You don't seem to get the joke. I was responding to a bit of sarcasm shown in a post. But if you don't get the joke, fair enough.

NJM78

Well that is a new low for this season. Shocking. All I hope was Van Gaal was watching and putting crosses next to the players he deems not good enough. I'm sure there will be quite a few. Carrick and Fletcher in particular looked nothing better than an average league one midfield duo and Gashley Young was all kinds of atrocious once again. Nani was typical Nani and Hernandez showing why he is not a good enough forward to play alone. We'll not in this very mediocre team.

The most worrying part of today was Giggs line up. 5 changes to a team that won so comfortably last week and only one forced upon him. There is no room for sentiment, he stated he wanted to bring back the smiles to our faces but after two games it looks as if he will give everyone a game as opposed to picking the best team.

More records today, Sunderland beating us at OT for first time since 68 and us losing 7 home league matches for first time since we were relegated. At least Moyes can't lay claim to these beauties!

Gerald G

Aye!? What nonsense am I seeing? Rooney has been the best outfield player this season. By some distance. One of the only players that have played at a decent level.

redevil2

What's so disappointing is that we lost & I wasn't expecting it. Under Moyes I accepted a loss as I didn't expect us to win.
My thoughts as well. People have been harsh on Giggs because of all the frustration the whole season.

What if the season had started with Giggs at the helm?

Inigo Montoya

So you just walk out if we don't play so well?

What happened to getting behind them.
You can't question the fans' commitment FFS. We've been behind Moyes more than most clubs would have.It went pear shaped I know but we gave him and the team a chance and they've repaid us with a performance like that

Inigo Montoya

The class of 92 is a serious problem. They are very vocal and g neville is rambling on and on about how united play and then scholes is on sky saying fellani is rubbish and so on.

Its a bit like all those liverpool pundits from the 70s who were giving out about there different managers who came in.

We need some soviet union style media enforcement. Anyone who speaks out about man utd and the new manager should be sent to North Korea.
Can we start with mortaring a few players? Now where shall we start...except Januszaj,Rooney and DDG

stu_1992

There's plenty of precedent to suggest that when a new manager comes in all the bad form goes away and the form picks. Especially after a super performance from last week in the second half. No this is more than a confidence issue.
What do you reckon it is so? I doubt it's a case of the players revolting against Giggs already. Perhaps mentally a lot of them are already gone somewhere else, be it new clubs or on holidays after a terrible season.

northbynorthwest

You can't question the fans' commitment FFS. We've been behind Moyes more than most clubs would have.It went pear shaped I know but we gave him and the team a chance and they've repaid us with a performance like that
I agree. Lindegarrde had me excited saying giggs was the new pep.

The players werent even moving today. Look at liverpool, all there players move and move. We just static waiting for a ball to bounce our way.

Morale is low in the team. Need a man who will shape them up

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
This is Giggs second match....thought we started well enough...in control until their goal...even then.... Carrick and Fletcher just got worse....

that is the problem. Like I say always...you win or lose the match in midfield...and we just gave up midfield.

Having Rooney papers over that crack....but today we could see what happens when he is not around.

Nani is still some matches off full fitness. Young was better....
Rio was very good...better than Vidic...

Hernandez was terrible and should not have come out second half..

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
I've become numb to our losses this season. All started with the successive defeats at home to Everton and Newcastle and it's just been total shite since then including today. A few years ago, I would've been devastated. Today, I didn't even bat an eyelid.

The Red Thinker

What do you reckon it is so? I doubt it's a case of the players revolting against Giggs already. Perhaps they a lot of mentally a lot of them are already gone somewhere else, be it new clubs or on holidays after a terrible season.
Now that's a great point. Rio looked set to leave until a few days back. Vida is leaving. Pat has been criticised for how poor he has been this season. Hernandez is not happy with his playing time. Welbeck was unhappy up until last week.

A lot of them are either leaving or want(ed) to.

Inigo Montoya

I agree. Lindegarrde had me excited saying giggs was the new pep.

The players werent even moving today. Look at liverpool, all there players move and move. We just static waiting for a ball to bounce our way.

Morale is low in the team. Need a man who will shape them up
Shows players are not the most intelligent.We beat a side that is going to be relegated and he's the new Pep?

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Our shit performances this season could cost another manager his job, and he's one of our own. Can anyone guess who I'm talking about?

XdanielredX

Aye the 85 minutes prior are forgotten about if you leave 5 minutes before the end. I'll remember that. :rolleyes:
Yeah nah you're totally right, the fans ought to be applauded for making it all the way to the 85th minute.

Looking at other fans singing their hearts out to the end (Arsenal fans not withstanding) and then seeing our fans saying people should take it easy on em cause afterall they did slug it out and make it to the 85th minute, infact, in retrospect that is an achievment for our fans of late.

Inigo Montoya

Our shit performances this season could cost another manager his job, and he's one of our own. Can anyone guess who I'm talking about?
Sparky?
Bruce?
Ole?......
errr.....Giggs?

No wait got it........MOYES

northbynorthwest

Can we start with mortaring a few players? Now where shall we start...except Januszaj,Rooney and DDG
id have rooney up top, mata in behind and then a few new players around them.

New LB, CB.

The club has to buy or else we are in trouble. Reus and fabregas would be a start. That would leave two positions to be filled. adnan and DM maybe.

If i see fletcher and young starting the first game next season i will go mad

Hamadovich86

You have to give credit where it is due, Sunderland played really well and deserved to win, could've had 2 or 3 even. Remember that this team ended Mourinoh's winning streak at Stamford Bridge. Gus Poyet has really turned their season around in an incredible manner.

Now as to our lads, I felt as though we werent that poor but attempting to break down a very well organized defense proved quite difficult. Carrick and Fletcher couldnt handle the pressing from Sunderland and lost the ball too many times this is again credit to Sunderland for identifying our weaknesses and exploiting them. I believe Giggsy made a mistake with the starting lineup in the form of Young and Nani. While Young did actually make attempts to cross and to beat his man but I just cant stand the sight of him tbf. I also think Giggsy made a huge blunder by subbing out Mata I would've kept him in and played with Carrick in the middle towards the end of the game.

It is strange that I am not feeling angry or depressed after a loss I guess this how this season has been but getting beaten 7 times at Old Trafford is an atrocious record.

northbynorthwest

Shows players are not the most intelligent.We beat a side that is going to be relegated and he's the new Pep?
thats a problem. right now the players have too much say.

I agree. Hazard the other night doesnt track his man and then gives out about chelsea being a counter attacking team.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'm really struggling to see how we need to sell a load of players because Moyes ruined them. I'm seeing the need for a big change because the player are either past it or don't have the right attitude and application.
I mean more like moyes royally fecked up in both transfer windows. Last summer we needed to sign a proper midfielder at least to gradually phase out the experienced players, but we let it go on for too long and so the whole team aged collectively without strengthening it and taking the burden off them. Carrick would be better next to a good midfielder, as would everyone else. Like this they all look shite because none of them are very good individually (midfield).

Inigo Montoya

You have to give credit where it is due, Sunderland played really well and deserved to win, could've had 2 or 3 even. Remember that this team ended Mourinoh's winning streak at Stamford Bridge. Gus Poyet has really turned their season around in an incredible manner.

Now as to our lads, I felt as though we werent that poor but attempting to break down a very well organized defense proved quite difficult. Carrick and Fletcher couldnt handle the pressing from Sunderland and lost the ball too many times this is again credit to Sunderland for identifying our weaknesses and exploiting them. I believe Giggsy made a mistake with the starting lineup in the form of Young and Nani. While Young did actually make attempts to cross and to beat his man but I just cant stand the sight of him tbf. I also think Giggsy made a huge blunder by subbing out Mata I would've kept him in and played with Carrick in the middle towards the end of the game.

It is strange that I am not feeling angry or depressed after a loss I guess this how this season has been but getting beaten 7 times at Old Trafford is an atrocious record.
You would think that the coaches would have seen that they have taken 4 points out of 6 from City and the Rentboys, were unlucky to lose at Anfield and have just trashed Cardiff. Expect a bloody hard game against a side showing top 5 football and comittment

Yet where was the motivation?

The Red Thinker

Just take heart from today's performance...it was uplifting enough to get over being called a nasty bully.

But I would report it to a teacher
True, watching Ashley Young bravely cross the ball at the S'Land defender's legs brought a shiver down my spine. I think I'll let my teacher be for now. He's a Liverpool fan. His life can't get any worse right now, so maybe next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.