Manchester United Vs Swansea City

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
Okay, can you stop talking nonsense please? I do apologise for my language if it's upset you, dear oh dear :lol::lol:
No, I'm fine with language mate but I was warned to stop swearing at people and insulting them so obviously it's the same for everyone.

Also, I'm not talking nonsense. Hernandez is a great poacher but a poor all round striker.

Proud_Lyon

Banned Cnut
I don't want to blame moyes but if it was SAF with the same exact players I think the results would have been very different.

:lol:

I take it that the 3rd of January 2010 doesn't ring any bells then? We lost to fecking Leeds United and we had the likes of Berbatov, Rooney and Owen. This was Sir Alex's side.

Substitutes

Ole240599

Welbeck didn't do anywhere near enough today. I've always supported him but feel his desire will always stop him from becoming world class.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
:lol:

I take it that the 3rd of January 2010 doesn't ring any bells then? We lost to fecking Leeds United and we had the likes of Berbatov, Rooney and Owen. This was Sir Alex's side.

Substitutes

I think you're allowed a few bad games if you win the league.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Do you know what happened at Inter? The former owner wanted to win the CL at all cost. After trying in vain for years, he brought Mourinho who managed to that with little ease. Once Moratti achieved the goal he lost interest and stopped investing in the side. Mourinho jumped shit, Inter went to the shitters and Moratti finally bailed out. Would have Moyes done better then that?
I expected this. Yes Inter's problems were far worse and some other things triggered their downfall, but did Mourinho invest time or attention in academy there in those 3 or so years? At least I am not aware of it. With Mourinho, it is about short term, 3-4 years. It is entirely possible that our famed academy would have been left in tatters after Mourinho had he been appointed coach and we would have been left to carry out business the way Chelsea or City do, only, we have a huge debt which would have made it tough.

I think we need to keep patience with Moyes for sometime. There is no guarantee of success mind you, but I trust him to turn it around next year and he should get chance to shape team the way he wants. Just hope, we somehow retain top 4.

Proud_Lyon

Banned Cnut
I think you're allowed a few bad games if you win the league.

Not if you are Sir Alex Ferguson. He had that fire in his belly and he was a sore loser. If you think Sir Alex would have been happy to lose against Leeds then you have another think coming. I don't think any Manchester United fan would have been happy to lose against their rival either.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I expected this. Yes Inter's problems were far worse and some other things triggered their downfall, but did Mourinho invest time or attention in academy there in those 3 or so years? At least I am not aware of it. With Mourinho, it is about short term, 3-4 years. It is entirely possible that our famed academy would have been left in tatters after Mourinho had he been appointed coach and we would have been left to carry out business the way Chelsea or City do, only, we have a huge debt which would have made it tough.

I think we need to keep patience with Moyes for sometime. There is no guarantee of success mind you, but I trust him to turn it around next year and he should get chance to shape team the way he wants. Just hope, we somehow retain top 4.

He was given a target ie instant success. He achieved it. Moratti had the same patience of Roman Abramovich with the only difference he wasn't as rich (he's not a poor guy but not as rich). Like any other manager Mourinho was on buying time.

Regarding Moyes I'll insist on what I said before. We should keep him till the end of the season, we should monitor his transfer deals in January (money should be spent but we shouldnt spend another 28m on a toilet brush) but we should still back him up. If United are out of the top 4 spot then he should be kicked out.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That Leeds game was a freak to show even Fergie got back luck occasionally.

The way that twat of a striker of theirs actually miscontrolled the ball yet it completely worked, was remarkable.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
He was given a target ie instant success. He achieved it. Moratti had the same patience of Roman Abramovich with the only difference he wasn't as rich (he's not a poor guy but not as rich). Like any other manager Mourinho was on buying time.

Regarding Moyes I'll insist on what I said before. We should keep him till the end of the season, we should monitor his transfer deals in January (money should be spent but we shouldnt spend another 28m on a toilet brush) but we should still back him up. If United are out of the top 4 spot then he should be kicked out.
January transfer window is not the right one to bring the exact players needed, we all know that. Unless special players are available who are not playing in Europe, it is very tough. Even if we finish outside top 4, I would expect him to be given a year more at least to set it correct in summer and next season.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Not if you are Sir Alex Ferguson. He had that fire in his belly and he was a sore loser. If you think Sir Alex would have been happy to lose against Leeds then you have another think coming. I don't think any Manchester United fan would have been happy to lose against their rival either.
It's never okay to lose against any team but his overall performance at the end of the day is what matters. It's not dealing with a loss and 7th place in the PL plus possibly no place in the CL. It's a compounded situation that's causing everyone to be in doubt and wonder what next. We were all upset about the Leeds defeat but guess what, we bounced back due to the fact that we were wining other games and competitions unlike this season where we have nothing to fall back on.

JP77

No, I'm fine with language mate but I was warned to stop swearing at people and insulting them so obviously it's the same for everyone.

Also, I'm not talking nonsense. Hernandez is a great poacher but a poor all round striker.

Fair dues, maybe I was being a bit of a dick but it's hard not to at times in the match day threads because you get so many people coming out with right ridiculous stuff.

For me Hernandez has come on leaps and bounds. Shown a much better touch, shown he can pass well, holds the ball up decent enough and his dribbling has improved big time. I think he rubbished enough claims that he couldn't do anything outside of the box and that's why I reacted the way I did, because I just don't get why people are still saying he can't pass or run with the ball.

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
Fair dues, maybe I was being a bit of a dick but it's hard not to at times in the match day threads because you get so many people coming out with right ridiculous stuff.

For me Hernandez has come on leaps and bounds. Shown a much better touch, shown he can pass well, holds the ball up decent enough and his dribbling has improved big time. I think he rubbished enough claims that he couldn't do anything outside of the box and that's why I reacted the way I did, because I just don't get why people are still saying he can't pass or run with the ball.
He's regressed this season mate. He did improve a lot in those areas but too many times this season he's been found wanting when it comes to leading the line. My point is, he should not be picked to be doing that. If you're playing two up top and he can play as a poacher, fair enough but not leading the line.

Devil may care

I thought we would at least hold on for a replay, we just look so uninspired at the moment, these defeats no longer come as a surprise.

yamo123x

We didn't have a single quality player on that field today- everyone can blame moyes but this is the players' fault- there is no quality and no desire.

Proud_Lyon

Banned Cnut
We didn't have a single quality player on that field today- everyone can blame moyes but this is the players' fault- there is no quality and no desire.

There was some quality, but you have to question the desire of the players. It is still as if they are still trying to hold onto Sir Alex's apron strings. Why can't they let go and get on? If they don't have the desire to play under Moyes then they know what they can do. Sir Alex isn't there to wipe their arses anymore and they better get used to it.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
January transfer window is not the right one to bring the exact players needed, we all know that. Unless special players are available who are not playing in Europe, it is very tough. Even if we finish outside top 4, I would expect him to be given a year more at least to set it correct in summer and next season.

Oh same old, same old. He's leading the reigning champions, he was given 28m to spend in summer and probably the same amount in January. If he cant at least reach the top 4 spot then what the hell he's doing there?

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
Not sure, I don't think i've ever been able to hold a debate with him without it going like that! As a forum that accepts rival fans you have to deal with the fact that people are going to have differing views on players.

Yes, I'd say it's a lot to do with the fact that we're hurting at the moment Rob. We're hurtin' real bad.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout

Agreed. I'm a firm believer that confidence is a major issue with him, and his development is being hampered because his confidence is shattered. Fergie seemed to get the best out of him, and people here who are now slagging him off, thought he was the bees knees then.

gasmanc

Banned
Has anyone seen the video of Mike Dean visually shaking his head and throwing his arms out on disgust as one of Swansea attacks broke down ?
All over my facebook but I don't know how to post the link from my phone.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Has anyone seen the video of Mike Dean visually shaking his head and throwing his arms out on disgust as one of Swansea attacks broke down ?
Yeh, was pretty funny and given our current situation, not surprising :lol:

darko

I saw that. I think he reacted by playing advantage and imeediately United won the ball. I'm sure the reaction was a result of him realizing it was the wrond decision. He certainly didn't do a Howard Webb that match.

Salfordlad70

Have we any players returning from injury for this game? Rooney and Rafael may not be far from fit.Nani,Jones,Fellaini and Van Persie most certainly won't be ready.With Chelsea away sandwiched between our next two home games we have to get back some home form back and we're only 5 points off 4th.What for 7 points from the next three games.Can't imagine what the team will be but it should include Adnan and Valencia and hopefully Rooney with Danny up front! I am wondering just how inspirational Daves team talks are but more than ever he needs to impress upon them! They have to get some self confidence back and some belief.Swansea will be full of it on Saturday and so we must be mentally prepared or we'll be beaten once more.

Status
Not open for further replies.