Manchester United Vs Swansea City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thisistheone

You have got it wrong This. I stated that ThatsHernandez called me clueless so, with what you said when you replied was valid and made him sound clueless. I was endorsing your point.
Ah right, sorry mate.

Just so frustrated with everything and what Fabio did just added to it.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
I don't think that we created a chance that required saving by Sawnsea's keeper in the second half at all. For the second game in a row Moyes was out thought by an opposition manager in his own backyard. What was Moyes's response to Canas coming on to close up the midfield? Make a like for like change on the wing, continue with his percentage crossing tactic which seems to be the only thing that is in Moyes's tactical locker full stop.

The most worrying thing is that Andy Mitten claims that Moyes and his assistants spend hours talking about tactics every week!!!!!!

I think that the pressure will start to grow on Moyes now. He is starting to lose the Old Trafford crowd and that is crucial.

EricaNo7

He has, but I really don't think he's in Fergie's class. Admittedly, who is - but if a manager gets the credit for success, I'm afraid he has to take at least some of the blame for lack of.

It was always a gamble, imo, getting a manager who never won a trophy.

But it goes back further than this year imo. I'm wondering if the worst thing we did was win the league last year. It lulled us into a false sense of security.
I think you're right. We haven't exactly been marvellous for a long while now . I don't know who would be the answer to following Fergie, it was always going to be a thankless task

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
What absolute bollocks.

Off out of this thread to avoid the massive amounts of shit that's being and about to be spewed.
No first touch, can't hold up the ball, can't run with the ball and can't pass. He's got great natural instincts for finishing but that is it and he shouldn't be getting picked when we play one up top. No bollocks, just plain and simple truth.

stubie

Glad we don't have a fixture pile up now, glad we are out so we can focus on bigger things.

darko

He scored a very easy goal today that got us back into the match but I'll tell you this, Hernandez is THE most limited striker we've ever had at the club.

Every single attack we have breaks down because of him. Can't believe he keeps getting picked and even worse left up front on his own.
It's good to see someone else has this opinion of Hernandez. He scored an easy goal today, but miss a few other good ones . Plus, when he got the ball he never used it well. I thought that he he cost United the game. Yo cannot say that Hernandez makes his team mates better. To add to that that, he has to play as the main striker. This put Welbeck in other positions were he doesn't get the best opportunities to score. Had Welbeck had his opportunities, I'm sure he'd have scored two.

JP77

No first touch, can't hold up the ball, can't run with the ball and can't pass. He's got great natural instincts for finishing but that is it and he shouldn't be getting picked when we play one up top. No bollocks, just plain and simple truth.

He can do all of those things and even did today, stop talking fecking shit. You're just embarrassing yourself.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
Fergies fault this. Recommendation for new boss influenced too much by vanity. If the aim was a smooth transition and a continuing philosophy things couldn't have gone much worse. The nob head

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Fergies fault this. Recommendation for new boss influenced too much by vanity. If the aim was a smooth transition and a continuing philosophy things couldn't have gone much worse. The nob head
He has to take some of the blame certainly. He chose him and in a way threw him to the wolves. It is almost like what do you want a midfielder for, I managed these last few years without one?

darko

Ultimately, Fabio is responsible for this red and not David Moyes. Players make mistakes but Fabio was playing like a headless chicken when he came on. Anybody can lose their mind. I hope Fabio learns from this. Perhaps he was trying to do too much to make an impression. Still, run around like that and make a challenge like that was very immature.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I wonder if those who poo-pooed the idea of Mourinho as he "Only" provides 2-3 years of success are quite so happy now!
He was the only one with the personality to take over from Fergie and think he could improve things!

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
I don't want to blame moyes but if it was SAF with the same exact players I think the results would have been very different.

Well obviously, but SAF was the greatest manager there has been, whilst Moyes is just starting his managerial career for a club at the highest level. You speak as though this isnt an obvious thing, Doesn;t mean Moyes is poor, or that he cant eventually turn it around, Ive said it a thousand times but I will keep repeating myself untill all of you come to terms with it. This kind of thing was always, always going to happen when you de-stabilize a club that has been the same for 27 years. How fans of other clubs could have seen this yet its own fans cant, and come out with lines like ' but but its the same squad that won the title' is beyond me.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
We expected a destabilization Rob, just nothing like what we're witnessing. No amount of preparation would have made us ready for what Moyes and his staff have accomplished so far.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
glad we don't have a fixture pile up...but it still hurts to lose the way we did. no spark or creative play. no one to take advantage even when that ball comes in. Hernandez had several good chances....and misses. not good enough. Think he will be gone in the summer and I wont be sad about it.

ItsEssexRob

Supports
Chelsea
Told a serial WUm to feck off.

I am not a serial WUM, in fact most of what I say is pretty thought out, the problem is right now some of you are getting wound up easily because of the way things are going.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Well obviously, but SAF was the greatest manager there has been, whilst Moyes is just starting his managerial career for a club at the highest level. You speak as though this isnt an obvious thing, Doesn;t mean Moyes is poor, or that he cant eventually turn it around, Ive said it a thousand times but I will keep repeating myself untill all of you come to terms with it. This kind of thing was always, always going to happen when you de-stabilize a club that has been the same for 27 years. How fans of other clubs could have seen this yet its own fans cant, and come out with lines like ' but but its the same squad that won the title' is beyond me.
It's not even about the title anymore. We all expected a challenge but at least a top three and a place in the CL seemed realistic. We were all prepared for a change but this is a lot more than anyone expected.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I wonder if those who poo-pooed the idea of Mourinho as he "Only" provides 2-3 years of success are quite so happy now!
He was the only one with the personality to take over from Fergie and think he could improve things!
Supposedly Sir Bobby didn't want him. Paddy Crerand would have had him a heartbeat.

Sam

I bet against us today.

You just knew we were going to lose. It doesn't hurt as much when you expect it.
I was very very close to doing that myself, wish I had tbh. I'm not a betting man at all, but when someone said Swansea were 9/1 today (I think?) I was very very tempted.

ItsEssexRob

Supports
Chelsea
We expected a destabilization Rob, just nothing like what we're witnessing. No amount of preparation would have made us ready for what Moyes and his staff have accomplished so far.

No, because you have been stable for so long. This is hardly out of the realms of possibility though, this is what being unstable is like, you are not the first and wont be the last to have this happen. How you react to this is important as how the team reacts.

NinjaFletch

I was very very close to doing that myself, wish I had tbh. I'm not a betting man at all, but when someone said Swansea were 9/1 today (I think?) I was very very tempted.

Yeah they had stupid good odds.

I don't think the bookies have cottoned on to how fecking dreadful we really are.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
I wanted Maurinho. But I did not expect Moyes to have made this many mistakes. Not strengthening in the summer was inexcusable. Playing an unfit Rooney and RVP in games should not have been done.
Losing so many matches at home is inexcusable.

Its the same squad that won the title at a canter....and we are where we are.

I'm not sure we should wait another two seasons. If he does not get teh job done next season, he should leave.

ItsEssexRob

Supports
Chelsea
It's not even about the title anymore. We all expected a challenge but at least a top three and a place in the CL seemed realistic. We were all prepared for a change but this is a lot more than anyone expected.

To be fair whilst I too predicted top three, this isnt out of the context of what I thought might happen. What I did not foresee was the poor summer transfers and the amount of players under performing. It;s not just injuries, several high class players are playing well beneath themselves.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
There were pros and cons of appointment of Mourinho vs Moyes. With Moyes, initial period was expected to be tough, though I don't think any of us thought it will be this bad, especially at home. Agree that Mourinho had the personality to take over from Fergie and with Mourinho, we would have continued to win trophies even in short term but he wouldn't have stayed for long and it is possible that we would have been left in a situation like Inter. Anyway, there is no point wondering about that now.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
No, because you have been stable for so long. This is hardly out of the realms of possibility though, this is what being unstable is like, you are not the first and wont be the last to have this happen. How you react to this is important as how the team reacts.
I don't understand why you're all surprised by Utd fan's frustration. Not a lot of Utd fans nor fans from other (direct and indirect competitor) would have thought that the team was gonna do this badly by January when Moyes was appointed. The hysterical, crazy reaction from Utd fans are perfectly understandable given the circumstances.

JP77

Also, just to point out, I didn't swear at you, so dont do it to me, okay? Don't you know it's against the rules to insult people on this site?

Okay, can you stop talking nonsense please? I do apologise for my language if it's upset you, dear oh dear :lol::lol:

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
To be fair whilst I too predicted top three, this isnt out of the context of what I thought might happen. What I did not foresee was the poor summer transfers and the amount of players under performing. It;s not just injuries, several high class players are playing well beneath themselves.
Honestly I've been very optimistic till today. The thing that got me was Moyes sitting down and shaking his head, that drained everything I had left. Get up , yell at them do something. It might not be his style but at this point he needs to try everything. Get angry show some kind of emotion. It's all too static and blank.

ItsEssexRob

Supports
Chelsea
I don't understand why you're all surprised by Utd fan's frustration. Not a lot of Utd fans nor fans from other (direct and indirect competitor) would have thought that the team was gonna do this badly by January when Moyes was appointed. The hysterical, crazy reaction from Utd fans are perfectly understandable given the circumstances.

Im more bemused as opposed to surprised I guess, because you spent so long reveling in our kind of quick fix mentality whilst acknowledging your own success in stability. If you were in the relegation zone and dumped out of all cups and in the Europa league there would be more cause for concern, but in perspective you are in the knockout rounds of the CL, the semis of the COC cup and only 5 points from 4th. Thats not an unthinkable outcome given the change that happened in the summer.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
There were pros and cons of appointment of Mourinho vs Moyes. With Moyes, initial period was expected to be tough, though I don't think any of us thought it will be this bad, especially at home. Agree that Mourinho had the personality to take over from Fergie and with Mourinho, we would have continued to win trophies even in short term but he wouldn't have stayed for long and it is possible that we would have been left in a situation like Inter. Anyway, there is no point wondering about that now.

Do you know what happened at Inter? The former owner wanted to win the CL at all cost. After trying in vain for years, he brought Mourinho who managed to that with little ease. Once Moratti achieved the goal he lost interest and stopped investing in the side. Mourinho jumped shit, Inter went to the shitters and Moratti finally bailed out. Would have Moyes done better then that?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The only tiny positive today, is that this wasn't exactly a strong team we put out.

With De Gea, Rafael, Evra, Vidic, Jones, Carrick, Nani, VP, Rooney out, you've pretty much got a first x1 in itself there!

If we can actually put all of that lot out together this year, we'll start improving I'm certain.

With Rooney out we're pretty average, with Rooney and VP out, pretty sh!t.

Most distressing part of today, was hearing Moyes's desperate shouts from the touchline.

Status
Not open for further replies.