It'll never happen but with that in mind I'd rather we played:

DDG

Valencia - Vidic - Smalling - Evra

--------------Fletcher
Carrick -----------------
Cleverley

-------------------------Young
Welbeck - Hernandez​
That would be my choice too, but with RVP for Welbeck (as in my post above).

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Had planned on going to this one, but had massively under estimated the demand for a game at this time of year!

Oh well, as long as the boys do the business, and hopefully not in the heart stopping way of the last game!

Look forward to at least a couple of players back, and maybe a surprise inclusion too, a Kagawa, Anderson or Rafael perhaps.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Much as I agree that it would be wise to rest RVP, it would be a mistake to have neither him nor Rooney playing. Our other strikers are great, but there'd still be a serious vacuum up front without either of them. RVP's just going to have to suck it up untilt the FA Cup match.

I'd like to see the rest of the team absolutely busting a gut for the first hour or so to try and establish a comfortable lead, for once. Then we could take him off nice and early. Also, I'd like to see them absolutely busting a gut anyway, because there've been far too many lazy, casual performances all round this season, and it's time to pull the fecking finger out.
I agree which is why I'd play 3 midfielder, Carrick and Fletcher controlling the game behind an industrious and quick passing Cleverley in an advanced role. Welbeck puts in a good shift and Hernandez could feed off the scraps.

Valencia would be more useful as an attacking fullback than a winger right now anyway and Young would do well in a role where he can switch sides and get support from both fullbacks.

I realise that West Brom are certainly no push overs but at times this season we really need to make use of our squad and I think this is one of them especially with 2 away games to follow within 7 days.

Brightonian

I agree which is why I'd play 3 midfielder, Carrick and Fletcher controlling the game behind an industrious and quick passing Cleverley in an advanced role. Welbeck puts in a good shift and Hernandez could feed off the scraps.

Valencia would be more useful as an attacking fullback than a winger right now anyway and Young would do well in a role where he can switch sides and get support from both fullbacks.

I realise that West Brom are certainly no push overs but at times this season we really need to make use of our squad and I think this is one of them especially with 2 away games to follow within 7 days.
Fair enough. I'd definitely take that line-up without RVP over a different one with him. Agree about Valencia, he might actually benefit from having a bit of space to run into, given that he looks terrified of trying to have a go at anyone who's within five yards of him at the moment.

I'd feel even more comfortable about it if either Kagawa or Anderson were available and fully fit (not too rusty, in Shinji's case, or starting the whole 'working himself back to fitness' process in Anderson's). I'd swap either for Young. Kagawa there would let Cleverley play slightly more of a normal midfield role, whereas Anderson there would push Tom forwards a bit, into the role he plays for England at the moment. Either would work, I reckon.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
If it's not true we're all going to shank your mate.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Rafael and Jones are out. Go back and start again.

Sojiro

Formerly MST3K
"Sometimes you're not sure about a player,&qu
Rafael and Jones are out. Go back and start again.
Think Jones will make it Pex but Rafael wont. Wouldnt be the first time Fergie has thrown someone right back into the starting lineup but keeping the back 4 irregardless of the last game should let them build some cohesion.

hopefully Kagawa can play a part since Fergie mentioned he should make the bench

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
i just remembbered that this was the game which made de gea 'shit',which he isn't. I hope he has one really great performance and everyone will rave on about him.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Dead cert for any Goals Galore coupon today's game. Lukaku's almost guaranteed to score a header.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Looks like the conditions at the game will be terrible due to the rain. Not going to help United.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
am sure they'll be some surprises in the lineup.

Wonder if any of Kagawa, Rafael and Anderson will be involved

SER19

Predict:

Lindegaard (fergie will do it)

Jones
Evans
Vidic
Buttner

Valencia
Carrick
Cleverley
Young

Van Persie
Welbeck

SER19

is this game at any risk? guy mowbray says no concern but officials are walking on pitch and theres no let up in the rain, which ive heard is torrential.

Carl

is this game at any risk? guy mowbray says no concern but officials are walking on pitch and theres no let up in the rain, which ive heard is torrential.
The rain is far from torrential. No doubt it will go ahead.

SER19

The rain is far from torrential. No doubt it will go ahead.
very good, though the post below yours doesnt fill me with confidence. last called off game of ours was chelsea two years ago i think. absolutely hate when it happens.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Apparently the pitch inspection has been moved forward to 1.20pm.

Carl

I don't understand why football grounds can't have massive covers that they can drag over the pitch.

Carl

Just drain it off around the sides.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
I don't understand why football grounds can't have massive covers that they can drag over the pitch.
I heard this explained by a groundsman on TV before but can't remember the exact reason. It was the logistics I think, a structured cover like the ones for a Cricket Wicket would be impossible to store while a single plastic cover would weigh tonnes with water on it and be extremely difficult to both remove and make sure the water is channelled away at the same time. There was another reason but I can't think what it was now.

Carl

I heard this explained by a groundsman on TV before but can't remember the exact reason. It was the logistics I think, a structured cover like the ones for a Cricket Wicket would be impossible to store while a single plastic cover would weigh tonnes with water on it and be extremely difficult to both remove and make sure the water is channelled away at the same time. There was another reason but I can't think what it was now.
I can't see how it would be that hard. Granted if it was just left flat it would be heavy but if it could hook onto something at an angle then gravity would make sure it drained a certain way. All you'd need to make sure of is that there was some sort of gutter system to drain the water away.

Ryan's Beard

Probably doesn't have a career as a comedian
I can't see how it would be that hard. Granted if it was just left flat it would be heavy but if it could hook onto something at an angle then gravity would make sure it drained a certain way. All you'd need to make sure of is that there was some sort of gutter system to drain the water away.
If it was any sort of flexible material though the water would pool in the middle. The pitch is too big to have it all drain off practically, otherwise they'd do it.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Like I said, I don't remember the exact reason. I'm pretty sure it was down to the sheer weight of whatever material you use for covering it which would be over 7km2.

EDIT - then like said, add water weight and the danger wind would add if you were to avoid pooling by hanging it slightly to create a slope.

It just gets incredibly impractical. It's a huge space to cover.

vanthaman

Winner
Looks like its off from those on the scene

"Fergie inspects the pitch, sees group of ground staff leaning on shovels: "Oi! Get out there and work!"... Then breaks out laughing. One of the younger groundstaff turned very pale before he realised Fergie was only joking."

:lol:

stubie

Has there ever been a game called off at OT due to the weather?