Not open for further replies.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
    Has to be:

Onana
    Dalot Varane Martinez Shaw
    Bruno Casemiro Mount
    Antony Rashford Garnacho

AWB / Dalot, im not really sure who starts, but based on the friendlies last week, seems Dalot was supposed to be ahead.

lex talionis

It won’t be enough to dominate possession. We must destroy Wolves and hear the lamentations of their women.

GregM40

Wolves have lost the majority of their best players, must be relegation candidates this season, can’t see who’s going to score for them. Be nice if we hammered these, make a statement.

Onana
    Casemiro
    Bruno Mount
    Antony Rashford Garnacho

Subs: Sancho, Awb, Eriksen

3-0

Alemar

Onana
    Casemiro
    Bruno Mount
    Antony Rashford Garnacho

cyberman

Sancho as a false 9 that keeps Rashford on the left would be my bet on Monday

Bertie Wooster

We don’t. Probably some random
    Academy GK will be on the bench - we must have at least some 16 year olds I guess
    We have a promising 17 year old - Elyh Harrison. Who is a good shot stopper and very confident on the ball playing it out from the back - though prone to the odd mistake doing so.

But he only established himself with the U18's last season, and will be playing for them, and probably at times with the U21's, this season.

You'd like to think there's someone more experienced than him that's fit or available, though I've lost track of how many of those are injured or been sold? If there's no Heaton, Henderson, Kovar or Vittek then we're probably down to older, but not good enough, U21's keeper Dermot Mee, or the U18 options in Elyh Harrison or Tom Wooster?

Bertie Wooster

I'd probably prefer to go with AWB at right back and Garnacho LW, with Rashford up top.

However I think ETH will go with Dalot RB, and will maybe keep Garnacho as impact sub and go with Sancho as false nine? Although I'd prefer to see Garnacho start and try to prove straight away that he's ready to make big impacts as a starter this season as, last year, he was more effective in the impact sub role.

Shimo

Ten Hag seemed to completely evade the question regarding Martial's availability in the presser. Asked about him, Maguire, Malacia, Henderson, provided vague answers for all but, Martial.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks he'll be a surprise starter.

Alemar

If there's no Heaton, Henderson, Kovar or Vittek then we're probably down to older, but not good enough, U21's keeper Dermot Mee, or the U18 options in Elyh Harrison or Tom Wooster?
    Quality over age. If Elyh Harrison is better than Mee, then he should be on the bench.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
    Is Martial fit? If so it could be him Rashford and Antony front 3. If not then it’s likely gonna be Garnacho, Rashford and Antony front 3.

Bertie Wooster

Is Martial fit? If so it could be him Rashford and Antony front 3. If not then it’s likely gonna be Garnacho, Rashford and Antony front 3.
    Even if Martial is available for selection, I'd be surprised if he started the game. He's had no pre-season and surely isn't match fit? But it'd be a good bonus if he's at least got to the stage where he's able to be in the matchday squads and able to make some contribution (until the next injury).

Lost bear

Well, I meant a slice of irony to be included. But quite a few appear to expect a poor performance. Seriously, I’m thinking we have the weapons to whoop the Wolverhampton ass until it bleeds. Shame the new striker not playing though.
    What do you think?

Red00012

Well, I meant a slice of irony to be included. But quite a few appear to expect a poor performance. Seriously, I’m thinking we have the weapons to whoop the Wolverhampton ass until it bleeds. Shame the new striker not playing though.
    What do you think?
    They had an awful transfer window , a new manager a few days ago , it all points to a easy win for us

AaronRedDevil

By law Wolves will win this game. They’ve sacrificed a manager. It is known.

Last edited:

ThanksBoss26

We have a promising 17 year old - Elyh Harrison. Who is a good shot stopper and very confident on the ball playing it out from the back - though prone to the odd mistake doing so.

But he only established himself with the U18's last season, and will be playing for them, and probably at times with the U21's, this season.

You'd like to think there's someone more experienced than him that's fit or available, though I've lost track of how many of those are injured or been sold? If there's no Heaton, Henderson, Kovar or Vittek then we're probably down to older, but not good enough, U21's keeper Dermot Mee, or the U18 options in Elyh Harrison or Tom Wooster?
    Unless it’s too far down the line and he’s already left and over there, to me it makes sense just to delay Kovar’s move until Tuesday. Then hopefully bring in whoever we’re intending on using as third choice this season before Spurs.

VivaRonaldo85

I could barely name a wolves player nowadays. The perfect opening fixture and no excuses. 3-0 win for me

jesperjaap

I think Gary O'Neill worked wonders at Bournemouth, but different set of players, like a few on here, I think they may be relegation candidates, not far off last year until the new manager came in.

Though we dont seem to lose against them, we do often seem to struggle and first game of the season, new manager at the club.....anything can happen.

Personally hope Bissaka starts over Dalot as I think if he can continue his progression he could have a big season this year.

As for the rest of the team picks itself....not so sure, would not be surprised to see Sancho start up top, with the option of Rashford moving there with a Garnacho sub if we are chasing the game....though again I would like to see Garnacho start for his progression. Last year he was great off thebench but not as effectve starting, so an early opportunity startig whilst we wait for Hoijlund to be fit would both show the confidence in him and see where his at in development, he looks to have filled out a fair bit already before the season.

I predict a fairly comfortable win....but not a in terms of hte scoreline 2-0 for me

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
    Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
    What’s all this 1-0 rubbish being spouted? We need to take advantage of them being in disarray and missing Neves and Jimenez. We should be ruthless and concern ourselves only with boosting our goal difference right from the off this time round.

Betson

Monday is a long wait , need to hit the ground running this season. No excuses , Wolves at home should be 3 pts.

If not going to a match prefer the Saturday evening games , can go out for a few pints to watch it and no work the next day.

Don't like these Monday games.

Loon

:lol:
    Ten Hag seemed to completely evade the question regarding Martial's availability in the presser. Asked about him, Maguire, Malacia, Henderson, provided vague answers for all but, Martial.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks he'll be a surprise starter.
    Think Ten Hag is afraid to mention him for fear Martial will injure himself upon hearing he’s been picked…

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Aaron Wan-Bissaka image Aaron Wan-Bissaka 35% of 426 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 419 ratings.

Score Predictions