Mandanda welcomes United talk

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Marseille's France international Steve Mandanda has welcomed reports linking him with a move to Manchester United.

Sky Sports | Football News | Premier League | Manchester United | Mandanda welcomes United talk

The 25-year-old DR Congo-born shot-stopper has been mentioned as a possible long-term successor to stalwart Edwin van der Sar.

Mandanda is certain to make France's World Cup squad this summer, although Hugo Loris is expected to be Raymond Domenech's first choice goalkeeper.

The ex-Le Havre man, who is on a long-term deal with l'OM, has confirmed his dream is to one day play in England's Premier League.
Next season

"Naturally I should be staying in Marseille next season but you never know," he told JDD Newspaper.

"I've not had any contact with any club but all know my dream is to play in the Premier League.

"I've heard Manchester United are looking for a goalkeeper. My name isn't on their list, but you never know." :lol:

Drifter

American
Maybe he's getting his manchesters mixed up.Shitty were meant to be interested in him.

Crustanoid

Unless a robust FM analysis programme has been performed on the guy, then I don't want him

Edit: feck that, he's a goalkeeper, and FM always overestimates them

wr8_utd

:'(
He's terrible. Very highly rated but whenever i have watched him he has been poor.

Give me Neuer/Adler/ LLoris over him any day of the week.

Spoony

The People's President
Cue the hours of youtube footage making saves but not actually showing his command of the area.

Not seen enough to comment but I will stick my neck out I bet he is another in the long line of shot stoppers!
Interesting.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Is he not a midfielder in Pro Evo's master league team?

french88devil

He's terrible. Very highly rated but whenever i have watched him he has been poor.

Give me Neuer/Adler/ LLoris over him any day of the week.
He's a good goalkeeper but nowhere near as good as Lloris. As someone said, he can't catch the ball, which is quite a problem. He reminds me of Barthez, very good shot stopper and some dodgy choices (like trying to get a ball 40 yards away from his line). Don't get me wrong, he's talented and will probably become one very good goalkeeper but I wouldn't want him at United right now, he's still learning and I don't want us to suffer from his mistakes as we did with Foster.

Mainoldo

Is it cause he is black?!!:lol:

I thought people in France have been raving on about this guy?

Eto'odinho

Retard magnet
I would rather we get an experienced head, one who won't make requent mistakes or lose concentration every time his area doesn't see any action for 3 minutes. Given that keepers can play well into their late 30s, I would say signing a 30 or there abouts old, may not be such a bad thing.

The bottom line is we want a keeper that's solid, commanding and one that will inspire his defensive backline not YouTube clip makers.

Red_Aaron

He tips it over the bar, with lightning quick reaction
And like Mick Jagger said, strikers can't get no satisfaction
I wish united were around, but it seems they don’t wanna get me
My threads are fresh and I'm lookin def, yo, what's up with MUFC?
The fans? He’ll have em rockin, like schmikes and van der saar,
Foster & PIG they’re some no-name chump, but we know that he’s a star
On the pitch for Man utd not even Roy’d be Keener
Who is that guy? I hear you cry, he’s the Funky Cold Mandanda

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
What actually shocked me more is that he has straight up come out and said that Man Utd are looking for a keeper.. Whether that is true or false is another matter..