Manuel Neuer

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Sam

I'd imagine most top clubs are interested, or at least keeping tabs on him. Dont think this really tells us anything new.

Dans

Damnit - note to self - new info only.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
I'd imagine most top clubs are interested, or at least keeping tabs on him. Dont think this really tells us anything new.
Which of the top clubs are looking for a new keeper though? Us and Milan?

Maestro Minded

I'm going out in a bit but I'll have a crack at translating it when I come back - if someone else hasn't already done so...
I put a lot of effort into it, here you go.

Gelsenkirchen - Manuel Neuer includes a change clubs this summer is no longer categorically. If the Schalke Champions League qualifying missed also increase the chances of FC Bayern.

Be a goalkeeper, "My goal, I can only achieve lasting, if I play Champions League. It is clear, "said the goalkeeper of the soccer Bundesliga side Schalke 04 in an interview with the" Sport Bild "(Wednesday). The Bayern Munich also courted by the New England Renommierclubs confirmed the interest of Manchester United to his commitment: "The fact that I watched Manchester, has long way. It is an honor for me that such clubs are showing interest in me. "

New is "on" Schalke under contract until 2012 and had previously signaled little willingness to leave the area prematurely Club. "The coach knows my ideas and I know that I want to play internationally," said the U-21 European Champion. He still had not committed himself. "No matter what happens, I'll always be a Schalke," said New in reference to his emotional connection to his hometown club.

Schalke currently ranked in second place and may have hopes for an international launch site: "If this season goes on, this is possible. Perhaps we will extend my contract yet, "said Neuer. The 23-year-old pursuing ambitious plans: "At the World Cup I will be the number 1 and then remain above."

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
That's kind of garbled but I get the impression he's only saying he's been "watched" by United. Nothing about any contact between the two clubs.

Our scouts must watch dozens of talented young footballers every week, so this is probably nothing worth getting excited about.

Anduin

Nothing really new in there, it certainly doesn't mean we are close to a deal. Schalke are in a good position as well, Magath has turned them into a side which is capable of grinding out superb results despite having an average team. Neuer is a brilliant keeper, I'd rather have Adler though. Boyhood United supporter as well...

Dans

The point that is "new" is that Neuer has confirmed he wants to leave Schalke if they don't qualify for the CL.

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
Gelsenkirchen – Manuel Neuer refuses to rule out a move [away from Schalke] in the coming summer. If Schalke fail to qualify for the Champions League then Bayern’s chances [of buying him] will improve.

“I can only realise my aim of becoming the German number one if I’m playing in the Champion’s League, that much is obvious,” said the Schalke ‘keeper in a recent interview with 'Sport Bild'. Neuer, who is also much sought after by Bayern Munich, confirmed Manchester United, the well renowned English club are also interested in his services. “Manchester have been watching me for quite a while. It’s a great honour that clubs like that are interested in me.”

Neuer is under contract at Schalke until 2012 and until now has not signalled a willingness to leave his boyhood club. “The coach [Felix Magath] knows my position and that I want to play international football,” said the former European under-21 champion. But he hasn’t made up his mind yet. “Whatever happens, I’ll always be a Schalke fan,” said Neuer, in a nod to his emotional connection with his hometown club.

Schalke currently sit second in the league and [Neuer] is quietly hoping for a starting place in the German team: “If the season carries on the way it has done so far, it’s possible. Maybe we’ll even extend my contract,” he said. The 23 year old has plenty of ambition: “I want to be the number 1 at the World Cup and after that we’ll see.”
There we go. I'm sure others could do better, but it's good for me to get the practise in anyway.

December_16

Schalke 04 is doing relatively well in Bundesliga this season, so chances of them not qualifying for Champions is actually quite slim. Or so I hope anyway. Schalke is my favorite team besides United.

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
The most interesting point is that he confirms Bayern haven't contacted him. Last season, the German press was basically full of reports saying he was very close to a move to Munich.

The fact we are observing him closely is also a further hint that Fergie isn't as sure about Foster as he always suggest. We may observe many talents, but we don't watch established and expensive players out of fun.

Frans

" Wise people talk because they have somethin
God please dont let it happen. Neuer is one of the most overrated GKs in the world. He is error prone, my good mate is a Schalke fan,i watched few games with him , and i fully agree with my friend that Neuer is nowhere near world class keepers . People probably still remember his spectacular saves in one of the cl games but that was just an exception , normally he isnt that good, he is just average.

Norther

formerly WitwenMacher
There we go. I'm sure others could do better, but it's good for me to get the practise in anyway.
its a very good translation actually mate :)
re neuer ... if we cant get adler i'd love to have him here :)

Devil1

BRANDED: Part Time dipper supporter
how about stekelenberg, the dutch keeper- he seems handy and has had a good time with ajax.

how about stekelenberg, the dutch keeper- he seems handy and has had a good time with ajax.
I don't know, the fact that the Dutch are always trying to persuade VDS to play on that bit longer doesn't fill me with confidence

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Another short keeper by keeper standards. Didn't anyone learn from Barthez and Carroll that keepers under 6'2" struggle in the English game?

Wanted: New United Keeper
Keepers under 6'3" need not apply
Didn't realise there was a magical height needed to succeed in the Premier League ;)

I've not seen enough of Akinfeev to pass judgment, but I wouldn't rule him out purely down to his size.

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
Another short keeper by keeper standards. Didn't anyone learn from Barthez and Carroll that keepers under 6'2" struggle in the English game?

personally, I'd take Cassilas in a heart beat if we could get him.

Georgie Best

If I had to choose between sleeping with Miss Worl

My thougts exactly. Looking at Akinfeev and Lloris too for my behalf I am just thinking Barthez dejavu. I perfer big goalkeepers such as Schmeichel, van der Sar or Buffon. I've read that Adler has stated that he is a Manchester United supporter. If we sign a goalie in the early twenties we might be talking about a player that could stay with us for 15 years, so that might count for something.

SecondFig

My thougts exactly. Looking at Akinfeev and Lloris too for my behalf I am just thinking Barthez dejavu. I perfer big goalkeepers such as Schmeichel, van der Sar or Buffon. I've read that Adler has stated that he is a Manchester United supporter. If we sign a goalie in the early twenties we might be talking about a player that could stay with us for 15 years, so that might count for something.
Talking to a German friend of mine (huge Dortmund fan), he rates Neuer much higher than Adler, personally not seen enough of any of these young keepers to make anything resembling an informed decision.

I will say that I'd prefer a younger keeper to us splashing millions on Casillas or Buffon - both of whom are past their best

teague

I will say that I'd prefer a younger keeper to us splashing millions on Casillas or Buffon - both of whom are past their best
Casillas is 28. Most keepers peak in their early 30s. He is nowhere near "past his best".

Of course Madrid probably won't sell so it doesn't matter.

SecondFig

Casillas is 28. Most keepers peak in their early 30s. He is nowhere near "past his best".

Of course Madrid probably won't sell so it doesn't matter.
Really?!

Good lord, he's been around for so long I thought he must be in his early 30s at least.

OK, in that case I withdraw all objection to Casillas on age - still don't think he's the man for us though. Apart from Real's reluctance to sell, and the huge fee that would be involved - I'm not convinced he'd be as good in the PL as he is in La Liga due to the emphasis on height/crosses in England.

And Buffon is past his best - not necessarily due to age, but due to injuries.

The Wizard

personally, I'd take Cassilas in a heart beat if we could get him.
Midget, with cat like reactions. Not good on crosses even in La Ligua, and I wonder how he'd handle the rough and physical side of the premier league.

He is very experienced and probably has a good temprament, this is in his favour, but I wouldn't go near him. Reina is a better 'keeper than him, hands down, and is unlucky not to be the Spanish number 1.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Wouldn't want Neuer at Utd, I don't think he's that good to make it at the club like Utd, inconsistent and prone to mistakes...(IMHO)

Adler, on the other hand, I think he has a bright future...
i respect your opinion mate, but Neuer is more talented than Adler (both are going to become top keepers IMO) would love to have any of them at United.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I've not seen enough of Akinfeev to pass judgment, but I wouldn't rule him out purely down to his size.
I've seen enough of him to know he's crap under crosses and high balls. Maybe he would improve dramatically when he's being tested constantly in every game (Reina springs to mind), but I'd much prefer someone who has proven that they can handle it immediately.

i respect your opinion mate, but Neuer is more talented than Adler (both are going to become top keepers IMO) would love to have any of them at United.
That's what I thought at as well. In the little I've seen of each of them Neuer impressed me more, but isn't Adler ahead of him in the pecking order for the German team?

Really, of the four young keepers that are constantly mentioned in here (Akinfeev, Neuer, Adler and Lloris), Akinfeev is the only one I've seen enough of to know that I don't want him. Even though I've seen Lyon play a few times, Lloris has never made any impression on me at all (positively or negatively), and of the two Germans I've seen little but highlights. Anyone who has seen a fair bit of any of them want to share their impressions of them under crosses?

Ekeke

Midget, with cat like reactions. Not good on crosses even in La Ligua, and I wonder how he'd handle the rough and physical side of the premier league.

He is very experienced and probably has a good temprament, this is in his favour, but I wouldn't go near him. Reina is a better 'keeper than him, hands down, and is unlucky not to be the Spanish number 1.
:lol:

Anduin

Neuer & Adler are both excellent prospects... I'd take any of them in a heart-beat, though I definitely prefer Adler. To be fair Neuer is having a better season so far.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Neuer & Adler are both excellent prospects... I'd take any of them in a heart-beat, though I definitely prefer Adler. To be fair Neuer is having a better season so far.
i think the fact that people have different opinions on who's the better player tells that both are very highly rated, both are top keepers IMO but i still reckon Neuer will become slightly better.