Marc Cucurella - World Class Hairdo

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Bringing Cucurella as last minute loan cover is great business, and like usual Caf somehow managed to be negative about it anyway, amazing!
We move fast when getting a loan. That's an improvement.

But yeah, with so little time available and at that price, it's a good piece of business.

AneRu

They've been taken over by a well respected manager though, who's had time to assess him, and has decided that he doesn't want to keep him despite his first choice left back being injury prone.
Not like managers never make mistakes and we haven't seen one player not being fancied by a manager going somewhere else and returning to form. It's never happened in football.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Not like managers never make mistakes and we haven't seen one player not being fancied by a manager going somewhere else and returning to form. It's never happened in football.
It usually doesn’t happen. There are exceptions but usually when you are getting a player who struggled at another big club, he’s probably not going to be all that great for you either. A step up from Brighton/Getade to Chelsea/Man Utd is significant.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Only now because of this thread found out Chelsea have a Mickey Mouse game today. What a legendary league campaign they had last season.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I really hope your scouts aren't watching this game. He's appalling.

Djemba-Djemba

Even though it's only a loan, I still think it's a bafflingly poor decision. Whenever I watched Chelsea last season he was the worst player on the pitch almost every time, he looked hopeless.

He's absolutely shite.

I've edited my original comment because at the end of the day it is only a loan so it wouldn't make our top 50 worst transfers but still, I'm not on board with this one.

Last edited:

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
This is going to be one of the worst transfers we've ever made, if it is just a loan.

He's is absolutely quality and I hope we make it permanent.

cfcjb

Supports
Chelsea FC
This is going to be one of the worst transfers we've ever made, even if it is just a loan.

He's absolutely shite.
No, no, no. He’s going to brilliant for your lot ;-) Trust me. You will be cuckoo for Cucu.

Nick7

This definitely ain’t a De Bruyne or Salah situation

Godfather

Don't think I can get over the look of that guy. Being a pretty wank footballer doesn't help either

tjb

Like Shaw is our left back, he would be a back up ...what are you guys crying about. We wouldn't be buying him if Malacia was fit

Plastic Evra

Let's say we do loan Cucu, he has a great run for us, there's a reasonable option to buy... I'd consider selling Malacia to keep the replacement permanently.

EtH not a big rotation guy so having two equals at LB (wages are somewhat similar or so it is believed) maybe an issue.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Did alright, kept it ticking over, retained possession really well. I think "genuinely terrible" as described above is inaccurate at best.

Dominos

Because he was third choice. Wonder why we cant recall him.

Would you want to see him V Saka on Sunday?
Shaw, Malacia, Dalot, Williams and Cucurella are all getting cooked by Saka let's be honest.

It's a shame we can't give AWB a left foot for the day.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Did alright, kept it ticking over, retained possession really well. I think "genuinely terrible" as described above is inaccurate at best.
Considering he's meant to be a senior player starting in a lineup of kids it's entirely fair to hold him to a higher standard. Also as he was ostensibly one of the main attacking outlets given the way the side was set up yet was more focused on retaining possession and passing backwards all game it hardly suggests he lit the world on fire, does it?

Again, it's a par for the course performance where he offers nothing but empty possession - and luckily for him defensively Wimbledon didn't have any threat down the right to take advantage of his atrocious defending and positioning that tends to rear its ugly head 3-4 times a match typically. If you think it's acceptable for a senior player to be a passenger at best against a League Two side then so be it, but that feels like a pretty flimsy justification given you're signing a player who is up there with the worst I've seen wear a Chelsea shirt in the last 20 years.

Bwuk

This will be looked back as one of those WTF deals we’ve done over the last few seasons.