Marc Cucurella - World Class Hairdo

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon

Not often is a talent like this one available for a loan deal (or a permanent transfer!). Seems like a no brainer for United with Shaw out injured.

Zoo

It never made sense with Chilwell there.

izec

Beggars cant be choosers. I would take him. Wonder what the other two options are.

Pity we wont see Alvaro in the first team.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Can't we just give Alvaro Fernandez a perm?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Seriously though, don't really see how anyone could complain about grabbing him on a loan deal.

Even if he's shite he's still an extra body for a few months until players are fit. And there's always the chance he discovers something like his Brighton form. Awful for Chelsea last season but was pretty well regarded on here before that.

FromTheBench

Seriously though, don't really see how anyone could complain about grabbing him on a loan deal.

Even if he's shite he's still an extra body for a few months until players are fit. And there's always the chance he discovers something like his Brighton form. Awful for Chelsea last season but was pretty well regarded on here before that.
Why would chelsea loan him to us if not for a big loan fee?

who else do they have at lb?

KjaAnd

Sure, let’s take another one of Chelsea’s duds off their hands. Wtf is wrong with us? Don’t we have a scouting team and a list of cheap LB’s from outside the PL?

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Pochettino cant afford to loose one of the best left back talent in football. He is so good that they let go of one of their best academy products just to keep him.

All jokes aside, I honestly wouldn't mind him here at United. Won't cost an arm and a leg. I feel that he could do a job here, plus chelsea will help strengthen us, which could be an advantage when we trying to pip them for a top four place.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He was good at Brighton, if we could get that version it would be great

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Why would chelsea loan him to us if not for a big loan fee?

who else do they have at lb?
Chilwell and they've been using Colwill there as well. Maybe Maatsen is ahead of him in the pecking order too.

fergosaurus

As far as last minute loan deals go this would be a good punt. Just as long as there is no obligation to buy.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
Pochettino cant afford to loose one of the best left back talent in football. He is so good that they let go of one of their best academy products just to keep him.

All jokes aside, I honestly wouldn't mind him here at United. Won't cost an arm and a leg. I feel that he could do a job here, plus chelsea will help strengthen us, which could be an advantage when we trying to pip them for a top four place.
This is doing a lot of heavy lifting here, Dr. Zaius, even for you.

saik

Man City were in for him too before he went to Chelsea. So, he's certainly not completely shite. I wouldn't mind him on loan until January. Both Shaw and Malacia should be back before then.

demetre

He was so good at Brighton! I remember being gutted when he was linked with City, thought he would be world class in Pep's system. Don't know what happened to him at Chelsea, but I believe he can still resurrect his career somewhere.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Cross-posting from the other thread:

The biggest reasons behind his abysmal form since he came here are his defensive positioning and his decision making. Both have been utterly horrific. He gets caught out of position so many times and allows wingers to fly past him and free on goal. The mistakes he makes aren’t subtle or minor, they’ve been shockers that lead to calamitous goals conceded. He even did it a couple of times just a few weeks ago in preseason.

Also, the thing I was most excited for before we bought him was the rampaging runs up and down the wing he used to do for Brighton. He has shown none of that whatsoever here at Chelsea. He looks terrified to put in a cross or carry the ball in attacking areas.

cj_sparky

I'd have taken him from Brighton, but not for the fee Chelsea paid. I wouldn't personally go for him now and regardless of how bad Chelsea played last season collectively. He was incredibly awful, his positional awareness is shocking and I cannot see him being able to do what ten Hag will be asking of him.

mintyred

Are we being paid to sign every Chelsea hasbin or something?

Pronewbie

Peep
Are we mad? He wasn't special at Brighton IMO and I was surprised Chelsea paid so much for him. Got found out at the top level and didn't seem to have the composure at Chelsea.

Bwuk

I’d rather someone out of position than this joker.

Blood Mage

I'm pretty sure most Chelsea fans would drive him down to Old Trafford themselves! He's terrible.

marktan

£50m seems like a fair price for a player voted Chelsea's player of the season twice (nice guy).

Dazzmondo

Let's be real, he's been awful at Chelsea, but he was excellent at Brighton the season before. A loan without any obligation to buy is a good solution to our lb problem while Shaw and Malacia are injured.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Let's be real, he's been awful at Chelsea, but he was excellent at Brighton the season before. A loan without any obligation to buy is a good solution to our lb problem while Shaw and Malacia are injured.
yep

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Who the hell even comes up with these names? Fire them.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
The most expensive fullback ever 12 months ago and now he is unwanted garbage.

Imagine if we bought him last summer. Just look how Antony’s transfer is being talked about. Crazy stuff.