Marc Guéhi

PoTMS

No big money signings from Palace anymore please.

JuriM

Chelsea buys "Vitesse" level of 20/21-year-olds with 30m nowadays, so the money is obscene anyway. He is definitely one to look forward to.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Makes sense due to homegrown requirements perhaps which would allow us to sell a number of our British deadwood who will fetch decent fees.

kidbob

Stop signing players for 50 million when you can get as good for 15 million. What the feck is wrong with our scouts?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Stop signing players for 50 million when you can get as good for 15 million. What the feck is wrong with our scouts?
Seriously. Especially when we are talking about the third or fourth CB.

kidbob

Seriously. Especially when we are talking about the third or fourth CB.
Exactly. We spend so much money for basically no return. The funny thing with CB is that we can easily replace Maguire with a better player for a net positive with some smart scouting. Not like we are trying to replace prime Rio. Ndicka for free would likely be an improvement or at least someone who has the immediate potential to.

CM

Agreed. Guehi is good at Palace's level but nothing I've seen convinces me he belongs at Champions League level or higher yet. It has all the makings of a signing who we'd be looking to palm off on someone else 2-3 seasons down the line at a huge loss.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Has looked good when Ive seen him, stats wise he is 11th percentile in his aerial win success... So.. not great there. Same deal as Timber next to Licha in the prem. Wouldn't necessarily be an issue, but it would be a forever weakness for us on set pieces.

flappyjay

Our scouts did identify Enzo and Caicedo before they came to Europe. I think the club and the managers are not ready to take a gamble.

kidbob

Our scouts did identify Enzo and Caicedo before they came to Europe. I think the club and the managers are not ready to take a gamble.
Aye you could be right. If that's the case then the club needs a structure in place to take these decisions out of the manager's hands. Not like they have no input on transfers but there is a system to override the manager. Coincidentally something fans have been calling out for years for but the Glazers have just allowed the club to fall so far behind.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Has looked good when Ive seen him, stats wise he is 11th percentile in his aerial win success... So.. not great there. Same deal as Timber next to Licha in the prem. Wouldn't necessarily be an issue, but it would be a forever weakness for us on set pieces.
Do not want then. Aerial weakness is something we have to seriously improve on

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
AWB is a class defender

& £50M is the new £30M we need to move on from living in the past here. £30M is peanuts nowadays
AWB is a class recovery and 1 on 1 tackler. He is not a class player. He's got a lot of weaknesses in his game.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Tomori or Guehi?
1. Colwill
2. Guehi
3. Tomori

I would rate their talent in that order. But Tomori is 25 and has way more experience at the highest level than the other two combined.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Last time I’ve heard we only have 100m budget. Yeh let’s spend half of it on this Guehi.

glaspalast

Supports
Crystal Palace
Remind me which of your central defenders are better than Guehi.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I keep hearing his name praised but I’ve honestly never been that impressed when I’ve actually watched him play.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Remind me which of your central defenders are better than Guehi.
The two starters who have massively contributed to us having the most cleansheets in the league, probably.
——
We ‘need’ a rotational right sided CB; preferably athletic and on the taller side. Guehi is far too expensive to be third or fourth choice CB.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Undoing this mistake is going to be expensive.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
If only they had players coming through their own ranks at that level. They would have a pretty nice squad for a fraction of the fees in that hypothetical scenario.

Supports
Chelsea
I'd imagine the £50m asking price is for other clubs as it factors in our sell on clause. Could perhaps be a bit cheaper for us to rebuy him.

OverratedOpinion

I reckon we are going to be linked with every centre back on the planet over the next few days.