Marc Skinner | one year extension confirmed

Marc Skinner's contract runs out in May - what now?

• Renew

Votes: 13 9.5%
  • Don't renew

Votes: 81 59.1%
  • Remove him now

Votes: 43 31.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Stupid decision to give him a new contract

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I'd sack him even if the contract got signed earlier today.

OsloRed

Get Martin Ho in after the Norwegian season is over in October, maybe? Done a pretty good job at Brann and knows the club.

Oecobius

I was pretty disheartened to hear about the contract extension despite the cup win, but I read elsewhere that it would make more sense to sort out managerial issues after this INEOS transition is sorted a bit. I guess that does make some sense - my thinking is, let Emma Hayes do a year in the US then say to her "You've managed the rest, now manage the best!"

Someone else suggested Ole - some of our players are fans and respect his legendary status. He's an advocate for the women's game, he supports his daughter as a player, and I don't think his tactics in the men's game were that bad. It wasn't his fault that a lot of our players couldn't be bothered to perform regardless of who was in charge.

The other thing with Skinnerrrrr! is how he doesn't play our full squad propery, as others said with regard to Irene Guerrero. It was the same with Adriana Leon. A skillful bully of a striker who practically carried the Canada team in the WC games I saw, and apparently she wasn't 'good enough' for us.

Reactions: jojojo

Demon Barber

I was pretty disheartened to hear about the contract extension despite the cup win, but I read elsewhere that it would make more sense to sort out managerial issues after this INEOS transition is sorted a bit. I guess that does make some sense - my thinking is, let Emma Hayes do a year in the US then say to her "You've managed the rest, now manage the best!"

Someone else suggested Ole - some of our players are fans and respect his legendary status. He's an advocate for the women's game, he supports his daughter as a player, and I don't think his tactics in the men's game were that bad. It wasn't his fault that a lot of our players couldn't be bothered to perform regardless of who was in charge.

The other thing with Skinnerrrrr! is how he doesn't play our full squad propery, as others said with regard to Irene Guerrero. It was the same with Adriana Leon. A skillful bully of a striker who practically carried the Canada team in the WC games I saw, and apparently she wasn't 'good enough' for us.
A very thoughtful post. I'd rep if I could, but I am not important enough :smirk: