Marcel Sabitzer - Dortmund Player "I learned a lot about football working under him (ten Hag). He’s a very good coach.”

redcucumber

You see? Sabitzer says Ten Hag is a very good coach. Lock all Ten Hag's threads.
Yep, what we need is a load of forum dwelling football fans to be the definitive voice on ten Hag. That's much more logical.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
strange timing for the comments. must have assumed he was playing for us again after getting pumped 4-0 at home at the weekend.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It's funny all the praise when he signed him and had no idea where and how to play him.

Probably just thankful he allowed him to earn a lot in just 6 months doing feck all and having Manchester United player on his CV. I would be thankful too. I am sure Phil Jones thinks Ole is the best manager ever.
:lol: Belling Marcel at 3am -- "I don't know if you're a number 10 or a number 8"

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Sabitzer ain’t the only player to of praised ETH… I highly doubt all these players come out and lie about a manager. Fans think they know a lot more but clearly they don’t. What ETH wants to do and what the players are capable of doing are 2 different things. How many times have players threw managers under the bus yet fans never learn and still back the players and everyone’s ‘ETH out’. He can only tell the players what he wants and give plans and attention to detail but they’re the ones that have to perform it on the pitch. It’s not ETH fault we have a bunch of players with no football intelligence.

led_scholes

It's funny all the praise when he signed him and had no idea where and how to play him.

Probably just thankful he allowed him to earn a lot in just 6 months doing feck all and having Manchester United player on his CV. I would be thankful too. I am sure Phil Jones thinks Ole is the best manager ever.
I mean he would have earned the money anyway. Didn't we pay him whatever bayern was paying? So I am not sure how he is comparable with Jones or Martial.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Strange Bruno wasn't mentioned in that list being captain and all. Guess that is his opinion.
Bruno isnt the leader who provides structure and stability i.e. Ten Hags structure and playing out the back relies on those 3.

Pronewbie

Peep
Bruno isnt the leader who provides structure and stability i.e. Ten Hags structure and playing out the back relies on those 3.
Yep. Just see the amount of touches Martinez and Shaw had at the start of the season. The problem was Mount going MIA and Bruno doing Bruno things. Casemiro was also slow and left cruelly exposed. Then injury hit before the team had time to gel.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He’s obviously a very good coach - his time at Ajax proved that. Problem is whether he’s the right man for us and whether the club structure and culture is a black hole where ability and good ideas go to die.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

It’s obvious that ten Hag is obsessed with analytics and has deep knowledge about football. How far he is able to transform this into good performances on the pitch is up for discussion.

FujiVice

Probably the greatest player to ever wear boots based on tonight.

Yakuza_devils

I know this is a very old post but I wonder what went wrong with ETH. He was a very good coach before coming to us. Sabitzer stated below:

Marcel Sabitzer on Erik ten Hag: “A man obsessed with details. You can wake him up at 3am, he’d tell you his whole match plan by heart. He’s very knowledgeable about football and tactics - a very hard worker, a perfectionist. And he’s very straight with you. When I had a bad game, he showed me some situations and told me how to do it better next time. I liked that. You knew where you stood with him. He never threw you under the bus. Instead, he told players to go out and do better in the next game. I learned a lot about football working under him. He’s a very good coach.”

ForeverRed1

I know this is a very old post but I wonder what went wrong with ETH. He was a very good coach before coming to us. Sabitzer stated below:

Marcel Sabitzer on Erik ten Hag: “A man obsessed with details. You can wake him up at 3am, he’d tell you his whole match plan by heart. He’s very knowledgeable about football and tactics - a very hard worker, a perfectionist. And he’s very straight with you. When I had a bad game, he showed me some situations and told me how to do it better next time. I liked that. You knew where you stood with him. He never threw you under the bus. Instead, he told players to go out and do better in the next game. I learned a lot about football working under him. He’s a very good coach.”
Manchester United happened that’s what. You’re not just a coach at United. You can’t just focus on being a coach. This a a juggernaut club with no DOF, very poor recruitment, an accountant with no clue on football as CEO, glazers as owners, player power beyond what should be acceptable. Etc etc etc. the list is literally endless but you can’t just be a coach here. The amount of shit he has had to deal with beyond his control, aswell as a dressing room full of egos who by the way, constantly leak information. Players who throw tantruks at being substituted (it’s a team game). He took on a lot of stuff which was from previous regimes aswell. The ronaldo situation was going to happen with whoever came in for example. He took the brunt of that. Sancho, took the brunt of that. He took the brunt of a lot of failures at this club regarding their poor recruitment.

His biggest downfall? Over an achieving in his first season. He had to do better this season and he hasn’t. Does he need longer with much much much support? In my opinion yes but I know I’m in the minority.

we know we got to do things different. We know that just sacking a manager won’t solve anything (maybe give us a new manager bounce) but we all know that this club is in a right mess and it’s going to take more than a manager to solve it. We need to stop masking how bad it is by blaiming the manager and look longer term and at the bigger picture. (And I’m the first to say this season hasn’t been good enough).I just can’t find it in myself to blame one man for this mess. I feel for him actually. It’s one hell of a tough job.

always_hoping

Fair play to Marcel Sabitzer, came across as a decent sod and was professional in his short time with United. The opposite of that other Dortmund fella..

Oranges038

Last year it was inter with Utd's cast offs going far in the CL.

Now it's Dortmund.

Quite sad when you think about it.

VWW

Manchester United happened that’s what. You’re not just a coach at United. You can’t just focus on being a coach. This a a juggernaut club with no DOF, very poor recruitment, an accountant with no clue on football as CEO, glazers as owners, player power beyond what should be acceptable. Etc etc etc. the list is literally endless but you can’t just be a coach here. The amount of shit he has had to deal with beyond his control, aswell as a dressing room full of egos who by the way, constantly leak information. Players who throw tantruks at being substituted (it’s a team game). He took on a lot of stuff which was from previous regimes aswell. The ronaldo situation was going to happen with whoever came in for example. He took the brunt of that. Sancho, took the brunt of that. He took the brunt of a lot of failures at this club regarding their poor recruitment.

His biggest downfall? Over an achieving in his first season. He had to do better this season and he hasn’t. Does he need longer with much much much support? In my opinion yes but I know I’m in the minority.

we know we got to do things different. We know that just sacking a manager won’t solve anything (maybe give us a new manager bounce) but we all know that this club is in a right mess and it’s going to take more than a manager to solve it. We need to stop masking how bad it is by blaiming the manager and look longer term and at the bigger picture. (And I’m the first to say this season hasn’t been good enough).I just can’t find it in myself to blame one man for this mess. I feel for him actually. It’s one hell of a tough job.
I agree with you.

I do think he has been at fault for some things but I wish he had a better structure around him. I actually didnt want to give Ole time because I never felt he had it after that Europa league final. I know a lot of posters will hate me for this stance but I really do hope Ten Hag turns it around.

Parma Dewol

Really well put, thanks.

Blood Mage

Hindsight and all that, he wasn't very good for us and I think we were all pleased to see the back of him at the time.

Unam333

Well said. I agree with you 100%

adamwest

Very good post mate, but will fall on many deaf ears unfortunately. I'm with you.

marktan

I liked him here at United. A good midfield depth option. He was certainly a lot better than anything Amrabat has provided.

The_Midfielder

He got found out.

fallengt

I liked him here at United. A good midfield depth option. He was certainly a lot better than anything Amrabat has provided.
they don't play at same position. Sabitzer is Mactominay type

The Urban Goose

Spot on.

AndySmith1990

He would've been just as useless as anyone else if he were a part of our broken team this season. He wasn't even very good when he was here last season. Glad we didn't waste even more money on another player we'd now been labelling as deadwood