Marcel Sabitzer | Signs for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
I wish him and you guys all the best. He's a good and versatile squad player but somehow it didnt work out for him at Bayern.

But thats also due to the fact that Kimmich is set and Goretzka (no matter how his form is) is also set when he is fit.

Just don't expect a world class player. His speed, passing, pressing and technique are all "good" but no part of his game is very good.

He can also play RB btw.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Well then. Trust the gaffer and be excited.

We’ve lost Eriksen this window but gained Weghorst, Sabitzer and arguably Sancho.

Let’s hope for a strong finish to the season and then continue to build with the right signings. Not necessarily the biggest and most fancy.
I do trust the gaffer, but I don't think he got the players he wanted, or the right signings, like you say, not in this transfer window. Maybe I am wrong, though. Maybe these two are stop gaps for us to finish strong, and he will get the right players in the summer.

TheReligion

Abusive
I do trust the gaffer, but I don't think he got the players he wanted, or the right signings, like you say, not in this transfer window. Maybe I am wrong, though. Maybe these two are stop gaps for us to finish strong, and he will get the right players in the summer.
I think the latter.

Remember they are both loans so don’t get in the way of summer plans. The new owners will be in by then too.

kaiz

Well then. Trust the gaffer and be excited.

We’ve lost Eriksen this window but gained Weghorst, Sabitzer and arguably Sancho.

Let’s hope for a strong finish to the season and then continue to build with the right signings. Not necessarily the biggest and most fancy.
Thank you. This winning the transfer window, we have done it before, and it didn't work out well for us. These two are smart, low risk deals with good profiles. I'm excited to see how Sabitzer will play in our shirt like I was with Weghorst, and he is doing very well.

Tony247

I wish him and you guys all the best. He's a good and versatile squad player but somehow it didnt work out for him at Bayern.

But thats also due to the fact that Kimmich is set and Goretzka (no matter how his form is) is also set when he is fit.

Just don't expect a world class player. His speed, passing, pressing and technique are all "good" but no part of his game is very good.

He can also play RB btw.
Thanks. I think that sums up the loan deal.

I am not having high expectations but a decent performance will do.

jeepers

They are definitely stop-gaps. Whilst perhaps not the best/ideal options to us armchair transfer gurus, I believe EtH has gone with players he knows would fit with his football which will guarantee a higher chance of quicker assimilation and more effective contributions, while also staying within the limits he was given (my assumption here).

To be honest, Sabitzer is a pleasant surprise as I didn’t think we were getting any midfielders in. I wasn’t aware of McT’s injury as well.

TheReligion

Abusive
Thank you. This winning the transfer window, we have done it before, and it didn't work out well for us. These two are smart, low risk deals with good profiles. I'm excited to see how Sabitzer will play in our shirt like I was with Weghorst, and he is doing very well.
GGMU!

TheReligion

Abusive

He can also play RB btw.
Thanks. How do you see him fitting in our midfield with Casemiro and Bruno? Obviously we have Fred and Mctominay too but Eriksen was our more creative passer.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
WTF does winning the transfer window even mean?

Infra-red

That's a good, sensible signing and frankly much better than anything I expected us to do this month given that the club is a) broke and b) for sale.

Whether it is enough to keep us in the top 4, who knows. I think it will be very tight, but Sabitzer will certainly help fill a bit of the midfield void.

jeepers

WTF does winning the transfer window even mean?
I would assume getting the “biggest” aka Football Manager transfer, thus “winning” the transfer window. Signings that look great and are the envy of opposition fans but not ideal/sensible signings for the team. No way Boehly would let that happen.

Chief123

He can also play RB btw.
Well thanks for pissing on our chips mate. I’ve pulled it in and zipped back up now.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
I would assume getting the “biggest” aka Football Manager transfer, thus “winning” the transfer window. Signings that look great and are the envy of opposition fans but not ideal/sensible signings for the team. No way Boehly would let that happen.
I see, I don't do football manager, prefer the real world!

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
They are definitely stop-gaps. Whilst perhaps not the best/ideal options to us armchair transfer gurus, I believe EtH has gone with players he knows would fit with his football which will guarantee a higher chance of quicker assimilation and more effective contributions, while also staying within the limits he was given (my assumption here).

To be honest, Sabitzer is a pleasant surprise as I didn’t think we were getting any midfielders in. I wasn’t aware of McT’s injury as well.
Thing is, we needed a signing even before Eriksens injury to get us through to the end of the season, what with so many games. Is Sabitzer better or as good as Eriksen?

NLunited

Doesn‘t the fact that we got them on loan tell you something? One is temp replacement for Buttface, the other for Eriksen.

Sabitzer is a perfect profile, the question is whether he will perform well enough to get permanently signed. I think he might.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Doesn‘t the fact that we got them on loan tell you something? One is temp replacement for Buttface, the other for Eriksen.

Sabitzer is a perfect profile, the question is whether he will perform well enough to get permanently signed. I think he might.
basically we're getting a cheap trial, if the do the business then we;ll have a good chance of buying them for reasonable money, if not then it's cost little

NLunited

basically we're getting a cheap trial, if the do the business then we;ll have a good chance of buying them for reasonable money, if not then it's cost little
Yes, so good business. Weghorst so far been very useful as well.

Blackwidow

Thing is, we needed a signing even before Eriksens injury to get us through to the end of the season, what with so many games. Is Sabitzer better or as good as Eriksen?
If he performs like he mostly did at Leipzig he even might fit better into your setup! The question if he is better or worse is not the best as they are different in style.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Yes, so good business. Weghorst so far been very useful as well.
Weghorst, if he carries on as he has would be a squad player, whether he wants to be one is another matter though

SAFMUTD

I can see us looking for a permanent move in the summer. Bayern midfield has better players all younger than him. I expect him to have a good spell and push for the move.

Status
Not open for further replies.