Marco Silva - Fulham Manager

Edwards6

He must of seen a replay of the penalty incident so I don't understand why he's going mad at the ref? I think he played a massive part in Mitrovic losing his head as well, if Mitrovic sees his manager behaving like that towards the ref he probably thinks its a controversial penalty call

crossy1686

career ending
He must of seen a replay of the penalty incident so I don't understand why he's going mad at the ref? I think he played a massive part in Mitrovic losing his head as well, if Mitrovic sees his manager behaving like that towards the ref he probably thinks its a controversial penalty call
Yeah I was going to say this. If he doesn’t lose his head and get sent off Mitro doesn’t follow suit and start shoving the ref.

Blood Mage

Him, Arteta and Klopp the three most insufferable whining twat managers in the league.

Art

Art the artist
I get it, losing sucks and he’s doing well in the league but fecking he’ll does he chat some absolute bullshit at times

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout

“I know our story with Chris Kavanagh this season has been tough for us as a football club. I know as well the referee, we had that West Ham game away from home when we lost with two clear handball goals. We lost the game and it was Chris Kavanagh in that moment.”

“There were two moments in the box, in their box, that Mitro was involved, no one checked, no one cared about the situation. And that’s it. Unfortunately for us we have been very unlucky with Chris Kavanagh this season, many moments. It is difficult to understand some of the decisions.”

Last edited:

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Sportsmanship was never his forté, tbh. Him and Paulo Fonseca had some personal rivalry and he reacted terribly with either result (wining or losing) when they faced each other.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

"I know our story with Chris Kavanagh this season has been tough for us as a football club. I know as well the referee, we had that West Ham game away from home when we lost with two clear handball goals. We lost the game and it was Chris Kavanagh in that moment.”
Surely his beef should be with the guy in the VAR room during the West Ham game rather than the on-field ref? Chris Kavanagh only got to see one angle on the pitch whereas the VAR official got to see multiple replays and yet they decided not to overturn the handball goals.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Why has it took them over a week to realise he said this ?
I believe Fulham had until yesterday to provide answers to the other charges, so maybe they wanted to make it clear and separate them. Or maybe they somehow needed their comments on the other charges to make a decision whether to charge Silva for this one too. :confused:

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Amazing. I suppose he'd be mad not to take that kind of money, but you have to really feel for Fulham. They are going to be strong armed into losing their talented Manager and their best player - by joke sides in a joke league.

On a side note, does every Manager have a release clause in their contracts?

strandty

Amazing. I suppose he'd be mad not to take that kind of money, but you have to really feel for Fulham. They are going to be strong armed into losing their talented Manager and their best player - by joke sides in a joke league.

No, it all depends on the way it's negotiated. Those who feel like they're on their way up to bigger and better things might insist on one if they're in negotiations with a lower team.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
No, it all depends on the way it's negotiated. Those who feel like they're on their way up to bigger and better things might insist on one if they're in negotiations with a lower team.
I thought as much. It's just so unusual to hear about them, never mind having a side trigger one.

I imagine Silva's agent asked for it and Fulham probably agreed thinking it would likely never be an issue.

Idxomer

Potter had one with Brighton. United paid a couple of million for Ten Hag and Bayern paid huge money to get Nagelsmann but don't know if those were release clauses or were negotiated with their club.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Potter had one with Brighton. United paid a couple of million for Ten Hag and Bayern paid huge money to get Nagelsmann but don't know if those were release clauses or were negotiated with their club.
Didn't Chelsea pay big money (at the time) for a Portuguese manager who went on do be shit?

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Bit harsh on Mourinho, even if he's no longer the manager he once was
Nah not that one, the one after him, came from Porto too! Was so shit he went to Spurs!

Had to Google it, t was Andre Villas-Boas, amazingly, the guy is 8 years younger than Ten Hag!

Red Royal

If Silva (a decent manager for a mid table club imho) goes it really does mean everyone is there for the taking. Would be gutted if they went for ETH, Bruno, Rashford etc. All clubs must be in the same boat.... interesting times ahead.

tomaldinho1

If Silva (a decent manager for a mid table club imho) goes it really does mean everyone is there for the taking. Would be gutted if they went for ETH, Bruno, Rashford etc. All clubs must be in the same boat.... interesting times ahead.
How does this make sense? Do you mean if Silva goes then other similar level managers might be next or that Silva suddenly opens the floodgates to everyone, because the latter sounds unlikely.

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
Nah not that one, the one after him, came from Porto too! Was so shit he went to Spurs!

Had to Google it, t was Andre Villas-Boas, amazingly, the guy is 8 years younger than Ten Hag!
AVB was super precocious.
At 21 he was the technical director of the British Virgin Islands football team and he is the youngest ever manager to win an european competition, he won the Europa League with Porto in 2011 when he was 33 years old, younger than some players in the squad :lol: He also technically won the CL with Chelsea at 34 years old as he managed them partially in 2012 :lol:
When he moved to Chelsea the following year I think that was a massive reason why the Chelsea players didn't fully respect him.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Ofcourse everyone is there for the taking, as the PL has proven over the years.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama

I know, I was trolling. AVB was very promising at the time. Unfortunately he went to Chelsea too early in his career. Had zero respect from the dressing room and the media, and ultimately it derailed his career.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He’d be mad not to take it. Being a coach/manager is such an unstable job, he could reject that offer and get sacked by Fulham before October.

Acole9

Outstanding
He'll take it. He's been criticised in the past for not being particularly loyal.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I know, I was trolling. AVB was very promising at the time. Unfortunately he went to Chelsea too early in his career. Had zero respect from the dressing room and the media, and ultimately it derailed his career.
Oh :lol:

Yeah, like @Camara mentioned above, think the same will happen to Nagelsmann, big move too soon, I remember AVB being young and winning a major trophy, think it was something silly like €15m to sign him (pretty sure it was unheard of to pay for managers at the time).

Crazy that's he's still only 45, young enough to reestablish himself obviously, don't think spending 3 years in Russia and China was the wisest career move though.

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
Oh :lol:

Yeah, like @Camara mentioned above, think the same will happen to Nagelsmann, big move too soon, I remember AVB being young and winning a major trophy, think it was something silly like €15m to sign him (pretty sure it was unheard of to pay for managers at the time).

Crazy that's he's still only 45, young enough to reestablish himself obviously, don't think spending 3 years in Russia and China was the wisest career move though.
The weird thing about AVB is that being a football manager is like a side job for him, it is not the holy career he is fully dedicated to.
He has raced in Dakar and in WRC and he has mentioned several times he is very interested in becoming president - not manager - of FC Porto.
In this angle it makes sense his moves to Russia and China, he was just stockpiling money for his other hobbies and career choices.
He doesn't *need* to be a football manager and he doesn't *want* to exclusively be one.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
The weird thing about AVB is that being a football manager is like a side job for him, it is not the holy career he is fully dedicated to.
He has raced in Dakar and in WRC and he has mentioned several times he is very interested in becoming president - not manager - of FC Porto.
In this angle it makes sense his moves to Russia and China, he was just stockpiling money for his other hobbies and career choices.
He doesn't *need* to be a football manager and he doesn't *want* to exclusively be one.
Now this is interesting.

If that's the case then fair play to him, it's hard to imagine as avid football fans that those who are good enough to play/manage at the top level not having that level of interest in it.

Thanks for the info.