Marco Silva - Fulham Manager

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Still think he's a bang average manager. He just got lucky getting his hands on a top class DM like Palhinha, who'll no doubt be snapped up by a big club in the summer and we'll see Silva's true level as a coach again after that.
Bit of a strange statement. Palhinha is great, yeah, but if you can't watch that team and see the work he has done with all 11 players on the pitch you are missing something.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Good manager. His Everton stint did him unfair damage imo, that club is pointless would love them to be relegated and never seen again.
Actually forgot he even managed Everton. He’s done a lot of decent work over here, starting with riling up Merson and Phil Thompson before even stepping off the plane.

Pintu

Agree, it was a good decision. He was sacked and Everton got a much better manager.
Ancelotti is a better manager in gneneral, but not necessarily a better manager for a mid table team in the PL. I remember seeing him with Everton winning a Cup game against Spurs in a dramatic way and he barely looked at it, drinking his coffee/tea calmly…

Silva is still hungry for any kind of success. My guess is he would have turned it around for them the way Ancelotti did that year... And the main difference is he wouldn’t be stolen by Real Madrid 18 months later. Ancelotti was always gonna bail out as soon as the opportunity to win a 4th CL (Bayern, Madrid or such clubs..) presented itself…

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
He is doing a good job there but I have the feeling if for example he stepped up a level again to work for a club like Spurs (only an example) he would fail again.

He better remain where he is and what he must do is to be able to replace some of their most wanted players and others who are getting older, their problems on the last seasons has been to remain in the Premier League, they will remain for next season but no one knows if they sell a Palhinha type of player or Mitrovic and some other players who already are veterans if they are competent enough to keep recruiting at the same level.

One thing that made the difference this time for them is that he actually got almost all their signings right, unlike their recent seasons on the top tier, and that isn't easy to do for a club with their recent history in the League.

I got the feeling every player signed by them he always gives his opinion, won't be surprised if he stays there that he will sign some players from Brazil, by the way Andreas Pereira and Willian worked out very well for them, and they were interested in André of Fluminense, a good player.

Idxomer

A whole team with their manager in meltdown because we got the most obvious decision ever.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Hard to demand discipline from the players if that’s the example you set. At worst it was 1-1 and them playing with 10, instead this guy loses the plot and the star striker follows suit. Great leadership.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Now they lose their main striker and the manager :lol: why complain with such obvious decision? He was the same when he was the Sporting manager.

top1whoisman

Scout
They had a Michael Jackson statue in front of their stadium
That’s more than fair enough.

Before the incident I was just about to post that for once a team leading against us has not gone down the route of wasting time, playacting etc. That’s what prompted the question.

dove

I don't get the outrage from him and Mitro. It's as obvious red card as you can get...

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
So apparently he was angry because he thought Fulham should have had a pen for Martinez challenge on Mitro... which I don't think was a pen to be honest.

Bobski

So apparently he was angry because he thought Fulham should have had a pen for Martinez challenge on Mitro... which I don't think was a pen to be honest.
Club need to stop him from going out for that interview, nothing good can come from it.

Abraxas

"Let's not talk about only one moment."

Mate, it was three moments. Willian, You and Mitrovic.

Pretty hard not to talk about it, not much else was responsible for the result.

Dan_F

Nah I don’t think it was. He purposely hooked his leg around Martinez’s to create enough contact to go over.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
So he was upset that Fulham didn't get awarded a penalty earlier in the match, well get used to it mate, you don't see Ten Hag go off his trolley when MANY decisions have gone against you.
Stupidity beyond belief.

Dominant

Cant be a manager if he has no control over his emotions. Totally unprofessional and let his own players down.

dogwithabone

Can’t understand what his problem is. Even if we equalise from the spot they are still well placed for a draw and a replay with home advantage. No idea what he said to get a red but the Willian and Mitrovic reds are indisputable so from an on pitch perspective Fulham can have no complaints.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Never a penalty. It wasn't even a Martinez challenge as much as a Mitrovic challenge.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Can’t understand what his problem is. Even if we equalise from the spot they are still well placed for a draw and a replay with home advantage. No idea what he said to get a red but the Willian and Mitrovic reds are indisputable so from an on pitch perspective Fulham can have no complaints.
No replay, it was extra time and pens

CM

He's a good manager and generally done a very good job with Fulham but he was behaving like a prize twat today.

He lost his head and set the tone for Mitrovic losing his. His post match comments were completely daft as well.

top1whoisman

Scout
Yes, Mitro should control his emotions, but dear Marco you think your own behavior perhaps played a part and your star striker just followed suit?

ClassAct147

Made an idiot of himself as usual. Predicted before the game he would be crying about something but that was superb!

SER19

embarrassing post match press conference. never really knew him much beyond his teams and football today, but my god the guy is an arrogant prick, incredibly unlikeable and just beyond deluded.

andy0

I missed this, any clips?
It's one of those ones where striker and defender are running alongside each other, then the striker suddenly throws his leg outwards from the line it was naturally on, into or just in front of the other player's legs. Sometimes given, especially when it was Michael Owen, but usually not

If there was a head on view, it would be far more obvious, but we didn't actually see that this time, or I didn't notice anyway