Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

The only thing he has going for him compared to the other CB's is that he is left-footed, which is enough for him to start imo. He will likely be injured after 3 games or so though.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Pre injury he's our best CB by some distance imo. I'm hoping last season was just him getting back to speed and he's ready to kick on again from that injury now.
He was our best during that period, but it was only for three months and it's the only decent period he's had in his entire time here. And even then he should have been sent off for two blatant red card tackles.

I hope he does come back well, but I do think some people over-rate his performances before the serious injury.

One thing you cannot complain about with Rojo is his mentality, and that's the biggest problem in our team. He is up for it every week and never lets his head drop. He's one of the few that would fit in a SAF team in that respect.

I would like to see a back 3 of:

Rojo - Smalling - Bailly

They're all strong physical defenders, Bailly and Rojo are fairly comfortable on the ball, and Smalling in between might be something of a calming influence.

Of course more likely they'll give away a penalty and at least one will get sent off.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I thought he is being sold?

Aloysius's Back 3

This guy surprised me at how well he played next to Bailly in partnership - both seemed to accommodate really well & was our best defensive partnership post the underutilised Smalling & Blind partnership.

I'd like to see Rojo back next to Bailly with Fellaini playing as a 3rd central CB who driftd in to CM occasionally. Play these guys in a 352.

Think that will be enough for half a season more than playing Lindelöf.

Is he injured currently or dropped?

Litch

Complete opposite to Lindelof but ultimately the same outcome....

villain

Hates Beyoncé
This guy surprised me at how well he played next to Bailly in partnership - both seemed to accommodate really well & was our best defensive partnership post the underutilised Smalling & Blind partnership.

I'd like to see Rojo back next to Bailly with Fellaini playing as a 3rd central CB who driftd in to CM occasionally. Play these guys in a 352.

They've played like 3 games together, how was that considered a defensive partnership?

Besides that, Rojo, Bailly & Fellaini at the back is a recipe for conceding a penalty and at least one red card.

JMack1234

I don't rate Rojo and would of been quite happy to see the back of him in the summer.

Still, I'd have him in the team over Lindelof because he looks a much more confident player.

Aloysius's Back 3

They've played like 3 games together, how was that considered a defensive partnership?

Besides that, Rojo, Bailly & Fellaini at the back is a recipe for conceding a penalty and at least one red card.
They played like half a season together when everyone was injured & they were good together in my opinion. In terms of a partnership - they played better together than anything else I have seen.

Canagel

Bailly - Rojo definitely had chemistry. I still remember they way they dealt with Diego Costa in the 2-0 game at OT. They totally roughed him up and didn't give him an inch and their performances largely went unnoticed I thought because everyone was talking about Herrera. If we're going to play front foot and aggressive defending they are the best options. When we play deep and invite pressure they are prone to mistakes and lapses in concentration and that's where Smalling is more comfortable.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I think even the defensive stats showed that Rojo - Bailly conceded the fewest goals. Or am I wrong?

villain

Hates Beyoncé
They played like half a season together when everyone was injured & they were good together in my opinion. In terms of a partnership - they played better together than anything else I have seen.
They played about 6 games together in April in 16/17, 3 wins, 3 draws.
I'm sure Bailly played with Blind more frequently than he did Rojo.

Raw

Seems like ever since he got that big injury two seasons ago, he's never managed to remain consistently fit since. Such a shame.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
It was hardly half a season. They had a relatively small run of games and did do well, but then Bailly got injured and Jones replaced him. Pretty sure the Jones-Rojo combo then lasted longer and actually did better than the Bailly-Rojo combo did. Maybe you are combining the two combos together.

JMack1234

He's done here. Should of been done for a while actually.

Now, he's injured most of the time and when he's not injured he's a waste of time. Don't get me wrong. When it comes to passion, hard work and willingness to get angry and put in a monster tackle you cannot beat him. However, he's clearly the weakest of our CBs all things considered and that's saying something.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Seems speculative from the journalist. I still remember that beastly half season at centre back. Let's see if he stays fit.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He's our most injury prone centre back, which is really saying something when we have Jones & Bailly on the books too. He would be the first out the door if I was in charge.

It's imperative that we establish a Smalling & Lindelof partnership, for the sole reason that they are the only 2 ever fit.

Was he this injury prone before he joined United?
Looks like it based on his yearly appearances at his old clubs.

Last edited:

Ekeke

When he's fit he's either lucky to stay on the pitch or unable to make a tackle. Seemed perfect to sell him in last transfer window, now I doubt we'll get more than peanuts for him

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
the last time we had a defensive crisis it was he and Jones who came to the rescue....

Foxbatt

He is the quickest of the lot. I think he is quicker than even Bailly. He is the kind of guy who never pulls out of a tackle.

MAME DIOUF 32

At this point he's our second best centre back purely by virtue of being injured all season and not having the opportunity to embarrass himself.

IAmAWinner

Not gonna lie, I am missing this guy. Hopefully he will get a chance in the coming weeks.

Ekeke

This guy should be ahead of Lindelof, and he's not even that good. At least Rojo isn't afraid of the ball
You say that but Rojo was beaten the most by opposition dribblers out of all CBs, while Lindelof has improved this season and makes the most tackles of our CBs currently.

Not that he's great but only 2 of our regular starters make more tackles than Lindelof this season. Valencia and Young.

Lindelof and Shaw have made the same amount in joint 3rd.

Tony Clifton

MyDevil

He is on the bench today ahead of Baily. Don't know why Mou seems to like him so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.