Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig Ward

He has zero confidence currently.

It's sad to see such a talent playing without confidence and belief

probably because his manager slates everything he does and offers no coaching to help him improve.

Seriously wasting his talent at the moment. He needs to play off the shoulder with through balls, but the way we set up the players are so defence minded they don't even look to get in behind. He's a victim of Jose's style of play, as are many

roseguy64

This is the road most young players go down. None of this is surprising for me. Players like Beckham and Scholes didn’t establish themselves as first team regulars in their preferred positions until they were 22-24. Andres Iniesta was starting 12 games a season for Barca at Marcus’ age

This is not to compare his talent to theirs, this is to give perspective. People expect far too much too soon. Players who are exceptional at his age are exceedingly rare. Three or four a generation. He needs time to grow, develop, learn his trade amongst men. Now defenders have figured out his weaknesses, it’s about how he reacts.

For the slightly older amongst us, we’ve been down this road before. I remember well the vehement abuse Darren Fletcher used to get in his early 20s. People saying Beckham was shite before he made his big breakthrough. The accusations of Ronaldo being a show pony with no end product persisted until he was 21 or 22. And he was a prodigy at 17.

The list goes on. But the point is that the fan base is just too knee jerk and short termist with young players. You won’t win them all, certainly. But you also won’t win any, if you expect a 20 year old to be consistent and the finished article. The frothing at the mouth every time Rashford has a bad game, or Martial is left out, is frankly hilarious.

I even look at players like Lingard, who goes from flavour to scapegoat of the month faster than anyone in our squad. And I ask why? He’s a good player. Not a world class player but a superb squad option. One of our own, good technical ability, great work rate. To win trophies you need squad options, and he’s as good as that gets in my opinion. Reminds me of a young Ji Sung Park.

People just need to calm down and prepare to let young players develop. They are rarely as good as the hype suggests, and rarely as bad as the performance knee jerkers would have you believe. This mentality has to even extend to big signings like Pogba. He’s still not entered his prime. I thought he was superb yesterday, but people expect the Love child of Maradona and Keane. Forget the fee, just enjoy watching a top talent develop at our club.
This pretty much is my Ronaldo example expanded upon. If he had showed no signs of talent we should sell him yeah but he's showed enough to be worth persisting with considering his age.

simpandenstore

What about sending him on a loan next season? I guarantee he will not progress this season with the time he get. He needs playtime regulary. Thats never going to happend in united in the next couple of years.

Send him to a middle team, let him evolve.

Last edited by a moderator:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
What about sending him on a loan next season? I guarantee he will not progress this season with the time he get. He needs playtime regulary. Thats never going to happend in united in the next couple of years.

Send him to a middle team, let him evolve.
Dunno if I agree about him not being able to progress, but I do think a loan might benefit him. I don't know what the deal is with a loan but we have to be careful not to leave ourselves short in case of injury too though.

Guapa

This boy could be anything if developed correctly.

Need to find a place for him in our team.(right wing).

Sterling Archer

He is a child. He lost his chance to make mistakes when ushered in as backup and dazzled. Perhaps the pressure was less than it is now. Now there is clamoring for him to be starting instead of Lukaku, becoming a consistent starter at the same time as the club is trying to regain stability. It's not surprising to see him struggle, really. The out of ordinary would be for him to become a brilliant starter for us already. Don't think he needs a loan...just patience and a more consistently mature team around him.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I don't know the reason for uproar. Nobody has advocating to sell him. So far, he can't cut it at United, so he needs to prove it at lower team by on loan. So what's wrong for 20 y.o. to prove (and improve) himself at lower team?

Last edited:

AP88

Supports
Man City
Dunno if I agree about him not being able to progress, but I do think a loan might benefit him. I don't know what the deal is with a loan but we have to be careful not to leave ourselves short in case of injury too though.
Have said all season he’d benefit more from a loan to play in one position regularly than be used as the forward equivalent to John O’Shea.

Been hugely disappointed with his performances of late, but I think playing under a manager who suffocates young talent has has been damaging, and also the fact he’s clearly still been growing - that can really sabotage your coordination too. He certainly looks like his body is at odds with his mind when trying to run with the ball.

Andersons Dietician

Feel like he just needs to slow everything down. He’s so frantic and plays like a guy under pressure trying too hard to be brilliant, but failing. He really just kinda needs to take a step back relax and let it happen.
Do the simple things right, make the right passes, understand he doesn’t always have to be the one to score and hopefully he can get back to what he was showing under LVG.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Has had a really poor season with some bright highlights. It was a bit annoying when he was genuinely playing well and people were saying he's championship level.

However, recent performances have been championship level tbh. Needs to stop believing his own hype and get the basics right ie. helping the team win. Team can't afford to carry passengers, academy products or not.

He has the talent, fingers crossed it improves. But his decision making at times has been exasperating.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Has had a really poor season with some bright highlights. It was a bit annoying when he was genuinely playing well and people were saying he's championship level.

However, recent performances have been championship level tbh. Needs to stop believing his own hype and get the basics right ie. helping the team win. Team can't afford to carry passengers, academy products or not.

He has the talent, fingers crossed it improves. But his decision making at times has been exasperating.
I think he's definitely plateaued over the past 12 months and is in need of a bit of coaching to help take his game to the next level. He's got tremendous pace, ability to beat a man, and is a good finisher for a player his age. He needs a bit more refining in the area of teamwork, decision making, etc. It will come.

Fluctuation0161

He has zero confidence currently.

It's sad to see such a talent playing without confidence and belief

probably because his manager slates everything he does and offers no coaching to help him improve.

Seriously wasting his talent at the moment. He needs to play off the shoulder with through balls, but the way we set up the players are so defence minded they don't even look to get in behind. He's a victim of Jose's style of play, as are many
Ridiculous man management by Jose. To slate him saying "This is why I always play Lukaku" then a week or two later start him in a cup final and expect him to be full of confidence.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Imagine him doing that from the right wing for us :D

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
More proof that a loan move would be stupid.

Backrow Singer

send him on loan to the championship!
Literally logged in to see a post like this. He’s got that in his locker, he’s shown it enough times. It’s his general, consistent decision making that people get frustrated with. Had some horrendous games this year.

Hell of a goal that though.

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
showing a distinct lack of confidence in the England shirt!!! Are you watching, Jose ???

Toad

Fantastic goal form that distance and angle. The dip was insane. Just got round to posting this after replaying it 10x :lol:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
The greatest trick Mourinho has pulled here is to convince United fans that Rashford is anything less than a special footballer.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Remarkable what a bit of confidence can you.

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
Still Navas is the best keeper in the world.
i might beg to differ....but there aint a lot of difference between him and our dave. plus if Navas is the best, why do RM keep looking at Dave?

Last edited:

Toad

More proof that a loan move would be stupid.
I can’t see it being a bad thing. He has fantastic talent but at the moment I think he needs consistent game time to develop. He will not get that next season with Sanchez and Lukaku being first in the team sheet in those positions. But if ou look at it any club outside of the top 6, he would be first in the team sheet. But then how often do you see a player of his ability gonout on Loan? There is most likely a reason why it doesn’t happen and that’s why it won’t.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Silly comment, he has been given plenty of chances.
If you can't see the difference in confidence when he's playing for United and England, then you're clearly watching a wrong sport. Bet Southgate won't criticise him after a bad performance too.

Status
Not open for further replies.