View full 2017-18 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

He's not good enough and will never be good enough and thats that. He clueless and clumsy. Hes just a knock and run player. The most overrated player ever tbh.

I guarantee you he will score a goal for england and then everyone will think hes god gift.

shocking

Devil may care

I thought he got into the game a bit in the second half and at least tested Courtois, he's never going to be a striker you can build play off though.

Strats

He thinks he's Zlatan. Shooting as soon as he sees the goal.

Grow up, Marcus

dove

He keeps shooting all the time when there's no need. There's a lot of talk about confidence being an issue with him, but surely lack of confidence would result in him passing more than trying to go for glory all the time?
Agreed, he even tried to shoot from freekicks on the side of the box a couple times...

luke511

He's 100% not a striker. He can't head a ball to save his life and is so positionally unaware.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It's really not a surprise to see us have basically 0 threat going forward whenever he's used as the striker. He needs to forget about thinking he can be that. He's never going to know how to play as a lone striker. Learn how to be a right winger, or part of a front 2 in the right system maybe, but never a lone striker.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
He’s fecking shit. If he wasn’t a local lad and we’d bought him for 50m, he’d get a lot more abuse.

snk123

This is all on Jose - we were not playing on the counter. Why not give Martial the start so that he can hold the ball and bring others into play. The obsession with hard working average players is driving me nuts

el3mel

I honestly gave up on him. He needs a massive miracle to improve with this rate and mentality he has been going on for a whole year.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ludicrous overreactions, as if we've just lost a cup final or something.

He's certainly not a Jose central front man, but then that's why he only occasionally gets to play there.
Which means he builds less experience and confidence there, which means he's not progressing.

I honestly gave up on him. He needs a massive miracle to improve with this rate and mentality he has been going on for a whole year.
I'm getting there too. He has no movement, he cant hold the ball up, his touches are often loose and he doesn't have a killer instinct in front of goal. Without his pace he wouldn't be anywhere near the team and he doesn't seem to have improved in any area for a long time now.

OldSchoolManc

It was basically like we had no striker for the 73 minutes he was on the pitch.
Drifted into everybody else’s positions so nobody had a frontman to provide for.
Absolutely pointless today.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
When he first got into the team he kept making runs in behind, he would scare people with his pace and work the channels really well.

He isolated defenders 1v1 ( like his goal against city where he destroyed Demechelis ).

Since working with Zlatan though it seems like he prefers dropping into midfield and acting as a false 9, but he never actually gets himself back upfront after helping the build up. He just walks around in midfield or ends up standing out wide, when you play as a striker you HAVE to be in the box ready to score when the ball gets there, he just isn't? he has no "smell of blood" that the best strikers have.

siw2007

He’s played a stinker and is in bad form. He deserves criticism for his performance and for his run of poor games.

But we should stand by him and show some faith. He is a good player, he has shown it on several occasions this season. He is a young player still learning the game and obviously has loads to learn.

automaticflare

He's regressed, so has Martial. A lot of it is down to lack of consistent game time and poor management. That being said, he looked lost in the last home game it was clear for everyone to see except Mourinho. He shouldn't have started this one.
Maybe their lack of game time is because they keep putting in performances like today

automaticflare

He’s played a stinker and is in bad form. He deserves criticism for his performance and for his run of poor games.

But we should stand by him and show some faith. He is a good player, he has shown it on several occasions this season. He is a young player still learning the game and obviously has loads to learn.
I agree here young players can be patchy and he is in bad form. He is not doing the things he did when he broke through running behind, harassing defenders. They can be bad or go through bad spells but we shouldn’t be turfing them out

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
He has a lot of potential, still, a lot of raw talent and athleticism. But he's not refined and is still very much maturing into the game, which is not a good fit for where we are right now with our ambitions and our general attacking play/strategy. Needs a loan, perhaps, and a lot of coaching to help him discover his best role in the attack.
Gets you by in the youth leagues.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
Darling of the press, massively over-rated. I think United fans are losing patience very quickly with him. Personally, I've never been a massive fan of his, don't think he has anything other than pace. And even then, he can't seem to use it to benefit himself because his footballing IQ is so low
I have come to the same conclusion as you. As soon as defenders realised all he had was pace... his performances fell off a cliff as his only trick was nullified. He's going to Arsenal in a years time at this rate.

siw2007

I agree here young players can be patchy and he is in bad form. He is not doing the things he did when he broke through running behind, harassing defenders. They can be bad or go through bad spells but we shouldn’t be turfing them out
I agree that he has somewhat drifted away from what he did best. That can happen if a player is devoid of confidence, they try too hard and under pressure make bad choices.

Kearnkoff69

Gets you by in the youth leagues.
It's true. TFM looked like a beast in the youth setup for this reason. Funnily enough, Rashford wasn't pulling up trees in our academy before being given his debut. It's partially why I still believe he has a high ceiling, provided he gets the coaching he needs to hone his game.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Yeah, let's not making a scapegoat out of a 20-year-old kid. He wasn't even that bad in the second half, was unlucky that chip over Courtois didn't go in right before he was substituted.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
He doesn't know what kind of player he wants to be, that's the problem.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Give the kid a break. Where were RVN or Harry Kane or even Lewandowski when they were all 20 years old?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He knows he's safe because he's from Manchester. Eventually though he won't be a young prospect anymore and suddenly he will be told he's being sold. Yes he's young but you shouldn't be getting worse, and he is worryingly.

OldSchoolManc

Give the kid a break. Where were RVN or Harry Kane or even Lewandowski when they were all 20 years old?
They probably weren’t being forced into a top teams 1st XI, because every man and his dog was demanding it.
Pretty obvious now that he should be coming off the bench or getting some game time on loan.

roseguy64

There's plenty of talent there and he's young enough that he'll be able to get away with shoddy performances. However, he needs to sort it out soon. Hopefully, he does well for England and it all clicks. Doesn't seem though that he should be a striker anymore.

Snafu17

An out of form 20 year old had a bad final as a lone striker against a really competent defence with 3 CB's. Yes lads, let's throw him under the bus. We're all for integrating young players and promoting lads from the academy, but god forbid they have a bad spell, then the lot of them are rubbish. Jesus Christ, the lot of you need to sleep this day off.

James_42

An out of form 20 year old had a bad final as a lone striker against a really competent defence with 3 CB's. Yes lads, let's throw him under the bus. We're all for integrating young players and promoting lads from the academy, but god forbid they have a bad spell, then the lot of them are rubbish. Jesus Christ, the lot of you need to sleep this day off.
You say this like his bad performance today was a one off, I can't remember the last time he had a decent game leading the line. He has regressed since he broke into the first team, I'm not sure which part of his game he has actually improved.

Bojan11

When he first got into the team he kept making runs in behind, he would scare people with his pace and work the channels really well.

He isolated defenders 1v1 ( like his goal against city where he destroyed Demechelis ).

Since working with Zlatan though it seems like he prefers dropping into midfield and acting as a false 9, but he never actually gets himself back upfront after helping the build up. He just walks around in midfield or ends up standing out wide, when you play as a striker you HAVE to be in the box ready to score when the ball gets there, he just isn't? he has no "smell of blood" that the best strikers have.
I fancy my chances against Demechelis at that point. There’s a reason why he made two appearances for Espanyol following that season because he was done.

Status
Not open for further replies.