Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
That notion still had a fair representation though.
Sure, but then there was fair representation of thinking Romero should start ahead of De Gea in the matchday thread so you will always get numpties.

Go on twitter and see what else idiots spout.

maniwin

His first touch is rubbish , his link up play is abysmal , his hold up play is non-existentence . His only trick to beat player is by knocking the ball up front & try to outpace player , has zero footballing IQ. We must buy a new striker as Lukaku subs , can't depend on him as replacement.

dove

Been saying it for months, most overrated player in decades. Should just send him on loan or if we find a stupid enough club willing to buy him.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
I don't blame him at all for the chance he had saved actually. Wasn't an easy one, the pass was very slightly over hit too.

His touch and generally involvement was a different matter. He was poor today.

Inevitable calls for him to be sold are silly, still.

IrishMcD

Darling of the press, massively over-rated. I think United fans are losing patience very quickly with him. Personally, I've never been a massive fan of his, don't think he has anything other than pace. And even then, he can't seem to use it to benefit himself because his footballing IQ is so low

Walters_19_MuFc

Wasn't great today, but he is still only 20. Being in and out the team isn't easy. You need a consistent run of games to get that match rhythm and Rashford hasn't had the chance to do that.

I also feel he's much better on the left side than the right, and never really produces any good performances there, and today was the same.

He will get better, but he needs to play games.

JohnnyKills

Still think he'll be a top player but he looks totally out of sorts. He was equally bad against Brighton, not sure what he did to start today.

UtdAgain08

My biggest problem with him is the fact he seems like he has a poor attitude, it's almost like he thinks he is the man already without ever achieving anything in the game.

Also pisses me off that he plays over Martial, just madness.

Ace of Spades

Looked worse than he did in his debut season. Back then he had good link up in the box, and actually made good runs and had the movement of a striker, now he is everywhere but the box.

spiriticon

Looked worse than he did in his debut season. Back then he had good link up in the box, and actually made good runs and had the movement of a striker, now he is everywhere but the box.
Agreed. He was a much, much better footballer 2 years ago than he is today.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
He was terrible in the first half. Seemed to be a bit better in the second when we played with more energy and purpose.

He clearly has his limitations and seems to have lost his confidence, however, the way we set up doesn't seem to get the best out of him, nor any of the attackers to be fair...

Ace of Spades

Agreed. He was a much, much better footballer 2 years ago than he is today.
Yeah, there are areas that he has clearly regressed in terms of leading the line. He seems to have lost that instinct of a striker, I look at the position he picks and he does not pick the areas that a striker should be at.

redom

Looks clueless at the minute, and I mean that quite literally, he doesn't seem to know what he's supposed to do when he get's the ball and more often than not makes the wrong decision. He was a little unlucky with the Lingard through ball as it had just a bit too much on it so he ended up stretching for it.

He's still got time on his side but he's gonna struggle to hold down a first team spot if he doesn't really up his game next season.

FahadiHossein

I am here to defend him. I think he is just not suitable for the team as a striker.
Our fullbacks are not fast enough to provide low, quick crosses, and are only capable of hitting higher crosses.
He will excel in Klopp's team when fullbacks provide overlaps. But our team will require a big striker like Lukaku.

spiriticon

Yeah, there are areas that he has clearly regressed in terms of leading the line. He seems to have lost that instinct of a striker, I look at the position he picks and he does not pick the areas that a striker should be at.
He's absolutely lost the positioning and instinct of a No.9, and he's picked up the positioning and instinct of a winger instead. Unfortunately, he hasn't got the mad skills and close control of a top class winger, so he's kinda in no man's land with his training regime.

He's a glorified old school kick and run fast winger at the moment, which is fine while he still has his pace, but once he gets a bit older he's done.

automaticflare

I am here to defend him. I think he is just not suitable for the team as a striker.
Our fullbacks are not fast enough to provide low, quick crosses, and are only capable of hitting higher crosses.
He will excel in Klopp's team when fullbacks provide overlaps. But our team will require a big striker like Lukaku.
Or better full backs

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
I thought he was an absolute horror show in the first half, EXCEPT then he actually got significantly better as the second half wore on to the extent bringing on Lukaku actually blunted our attack again.

Has the potential to be Samuel Eto'o but needs games and is comfortably behind Lukaku in his development.

Said at the start of the season we should loan him, mark my words if we sent him off to Everton for a year he'd come back a 15-20 goal a year striker.

Litch

Better than he looks but it's an horrible team to play in as a attacking player. There's going to be graveyard of creative players that we can't get a tune out of......

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Better than he looks but it's an horrible team to play in as a attacking player. There's going to be graveyard of creative players that we can't get a tune out of......
Hes not really a creative player though, he is a good player don't get me wrong.

MooseTheMooche

He's our version of Walcott. A poor man's Walcott actually.
Spot fecking on. If he wasn't our academy product, people would be having a laugh almost everytime. Apart from few impressive tricks in the warmup, I haven't seen anything that would justify putting him over Martial.

Kostov

Fecking shit, part of the blame can go on the manager and the attacking play, but some of the stuff he does is utterly pathetic. It breaks my heart but he has been awful.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He's regressed, so has Martial. A lot of it is down to lack of consistent game time and poor management. That being said, he looked lost in the last home game it was clear for everyone to see except Mourinho. He shouldn't have started this one.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
He keeps shooting all the time when there's no need. There's a lot of talk about confidence being an issue with him, but surely lack of confidence would result in him passing more than trying to go for glory all the time?

Litch

Hes not really a creative player though, he is a good player don't get me wrong.
Creative in being able to make his own chances from nothing. Most his goals come from individual play. Not Jose bashing but it's hard being an attacking player as the team works harder helping defenders than attackers....

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Needs to go out on loan. Get some consistency in his game. He is not good enough to be a backup striker now.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Creative in being able to make his own chances from nothing. Most his goals come from individual play. Not Jose bashing but it's hard being an attacking player as the team works harder helping defenders than attackers....
I agree on the last part. I just don't see Rashford as a creative player I personally feel we lack creativity in the side. Rashford needs to play with creative players to excel.

Decomposing In Paris

His biggest problem is his greatest strength... he's English, and came through our academy. Almost couldn't believe my ears as Liniker started making the excuse that he's more comfortable on the left of a 3. The very thing that has excused every poor performance from the left was that he needed to play through the middle. He shouldn't be a starter here on merit right now.

AP88

Supports
Man City
Welbeck at least added the Heskey factor of being able to occupy defenders and bring others into play; Rashford’s woeful in that regard.

He needs to start next season elsewhere on loan and learn to be a proper striker.

Kammy26

He’s so shit, has been for the majority of the year and last year. He thinks he’s a superstar already. People saying it’s confidence issues don’t know what they’re talking about, he shoots from everywhere. He just thinks he’s made it. When I’m reality he’s got a long way to go and personally I doubt he will ever get that far, mid table player at best.

Even the pundits are picking up on it, keown was constantly defending him today and then by the second half he changed his tune. I hope others start to see it, seems like he gets a free pass from the media and mourinho ends up taking the blame.

JoaquinJoaquin

He isn't going to be this world class player that many of our fan base think he will be unfortunately. Neither will Martial either.

We simply cannot afford to keep carrying inconsistent passengers which we have been doing. Between him, Martial, Sanchez and Lingard it's just far too many for an aspiring top side.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He keeps shooting all the time when there's no need. There's a lot of talk about confidence being an issue with him, but surely lack of confidence would result in him passing more than trying to go for glory all the time?
Not necessarily. He's desperate to make an impact and his decision making suffers enormously because of that. If he was confident, he'd probably not rush everything he does like that.

If Martial stays, I hope Rashford goes on loan where the pressure is lesser.

Hawks2008

Not surprised at his performance, he's knock and rush merchant who was exposed by a deep and compact defence. He has the tools to become a good player but when he doesn't have room to run he looks very poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.