5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazi

He actually makes things happen when the game is tight unlike anyone else in our squad, except maybe Fellaini for other reasons

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
He actually makes things happen when the game is tight unlike anyone else in our squad, except maybe Fellaini for other reasons
People will always criticise him for losing the ball, wrong passes but forget that those moments of play are almost the only one to cause any danger. Rather he tries and tries than just pass the safe ball sidewards.

Hed Zitin

Why can't we play him and Martial?

All season we are going to be moaning about a lack of pace to break teams down.

What is wrong with him and Lukaku up front as well? We needed a goal.

An Irish Red

Wrong, try again. Maybe the 2nd line could be true. But it doesnt mean much as the gap between Lingard and the others is huge.
He's fast and he makes good runs. This is negated by the fact that he isn't much of a creator nor finisher; has next to no end product, and constantly runs into danger losing the ball.

He's poor more often than not and people think somehow think he's amazing. It's baffling to me.

Stadjer

He is young and will make loads of wrong decisions.. it will improve with age and experience but it is frustrating to watch since he does so many other things really well.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He's fast and he makes good runs. This is negated by the fact that he isn't much of a creator nor finisher; has next to no end product, and constantly runs into danger losing the ball.

He's poor more often than not and people think somehow think he's amazing. It's baffling to me.
2 goals and 1 assist in 4 appearances this season. I just looked at your previous post regarding Rashford and you seem to have a pathetic agenda against him, so it's almost no surprise to see you posting nonsense in this thread.

Eddy_JukeZ

His technique when running with the ball deviates so much. It's frustrating.

Sometimes he's in great control, other times, it's like the ball is itching to get away from him. I don't know if that's something that will ever improve.

Would still start him and Martial though. I don't see the point in not playing all of your best attackers.

An Irish Red

I just looked at your previous post regarding Rashford and you seem to have a pathetic agenda against him, so it's almost no surprise to see you posting nonsense in this thread.
Not rating him as highly as others do isn't an agenda, it's a difference of opinion. I fail to see how pointing out he was poor today is nonsense either; he blatantly was.

Sammyjunn

Rashford not more of a creator nor finisher? Wow that is exactly his game and has been this season. In every match he has played he has been creating and/or finishing, same for England. Even statistically too. Except in our 2nd 4-0 win I think and even then he was creating.

Strats

Lingard-esque performance. Good movement but shite end product. Martial has to start next league game.

An Irish Red

Rashford not more of a creator nor finisher? Wow that is exactly his game and has been this season. In every match he has played he has been creating and/or finishing, same for England. Even statistically too. Except in our 2nd 4-0 win I think and even then he was creating.
He played most games last season and got six league goals. He'd have only scored one in four this season if the ball hadn't have got blasted in off the back of his head today. He's not a productive player.

Sammyjunn

He played most games last season and got six league goals. He'd have only scored one in four this season if the ball hadn't have got blasted in off the back of his head today. He's not a productive player.
Stay in 2016/2017 then. You probably have even forgotten how important he was for us in the EL for instance, which finally got us CL footvall.

FromTheBench

He seemed to be limping at the end?

Otherwise wouldn't have taken him off and wouldn't have brought on Mata who is useless in such games and as a sub.

ottosec

Bad decision to start him over Martial. Must have been because of his international form...

el3mel

He holds the ball far too long, many times he should have pass the ball early but he kept dribbling
And that's what I meant by saying his decision making was terrible. He's erratic in it, some games it's very good and other games it's terrible. I think that's normal in this age and we'll need to get used to it till it surely improves over time.

Dante

Average bang
He didn't create much, but to say he was terrible is wrong. The second the ball gets to his feet, the games speeds up because of his directness. He's an asset to the side even when he's not playing well, purely because he's not timid. A very Fergie type player.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes

Yes, baffling.

Well I guess it could be either that

1) All the people singing his praises including some of the greats of the game like Henry, Scholes, Ronaldo etc are all utterly deluded.

2) You're baffled because maybe you're not capable of identifying the qualities he has that mean a serial winner like Mourinho chooses him as a starter for one of the biggest clubs in the world regularly.

I think you and Logic should have a quiet moment together and hopefully you can work it out. :)

Paul_Scholes18

Thought he was our best player today. Did fade in the second half though. Think he should play on the left mainly.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Yes, baffling.

Well I guess it could be either that

1) All the people singing his praises including some of the greats of the game like Henry, Scholes, Ronaldo etc are all utterly deluded.

2) You're baffled because maybe you're not capable of identifying the qualities he has that mean a serial winner like Mourinho chooses him as a starter for one of the biggest clubs in the world regularly.

I think you and Logic should have a quiet moment together and hopefully you can work it out. :)
This.

Status
Not open for further replies.