5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

GM K

Didn't look 100 % sharp today. Maybe it was instructions, but he seemed a bit lazy in the second half not chasing the ball and possible runs as he can do.

Very difficult game to play though
I watched that game again. Rashford was impressive in a defensive sense and at times offensively when you consider the context of the team's overall play.

He ran up and down the left wing. He tracked back, blocked, headed out etc. That kid is a real asset for the team.

GM K

Offensively he offered nothing, even in the first half when the game was in balance, that should not be considered a very good performance.
How about that almost decisive free kick?
And there was that pass that set Lukaku on the run that led to the cut back to Herrera. If Ander had scored that, Rashford would have received some praise.

There were a fee others. I agree he was not his usually attacking self but I don't agree he offered 'nothing' offensively.

GM K

Horshit attacking sense, decent defensively. Poor game from him today. Mourinho needs to give a run of games to martial to keep fire in rashfords ass burning.
Martial will start the Champions League game.

donkeyfish

I watched that game again. Rashford was impressive in a defensive sense and at times offensively when you consider the context of the team's overall play.

He ran up and down the left wing. He tracked back, blocked, headed out etc. That kid is a real asset for the team.
It seems not many agreed with me, maybe I didn't read the game that well.

That he is a real asset I have no doubt

fellaini's barber

When you fill your attack with a bunch of players who offer little offensively, its a natural consequence that you get dominated by even the most average of teams. They attack, our defenders win it back,hoof/pass it out, attackers lose it again or do nothing with it, they come back. Rinse and repeat

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He's up and down at the moment in terms of production and quality. His touches can be very erratic but I can see why Jose kept him on for so long. Work rate was great

Acole9

Outstanding
I thought he played well, he tracked back and helped the team defensively.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
When you fill your attack with a bunch of players who offer little offensively, its a natural consequence that you get dominated by even the most average of teams. They attack, our defenders win it back,hoof/pass it out, attackers lose it again or do nothing with it, they come back. Rinse and repeat
How does he offer little when he's scored 5 and assisted 2 in all competitions?

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
This kid is a real asset. He's a little erratic but that's to be expected. He has a tremendous attitude and is improving all the time. Playing wide is helping develop his game no end, as he's having to be involved in all aspects of play. Defensively and offensively. Delighted he's getting so many minutes.

fellaini's barber

How does he offer little when he's scored 5 and assisted 2 in all competitions?
Rashford offers little offensively as a winger, I know people will keep mentioning this stat even if he doesn't scores/assist in the next 3 games but the truth is if any decent player spends enough time playing in atack for any decent team you'll rack up goals and assists, be you Rashford, Welbeck or Defoe. There's wingers with almost similar numbers in less playing time like Sane and Martial. I love Rash, but what he offers as a winger, for me, is not enough. Can't dribble, get past his man,not a good crosser, not an intelligent passer. He can always 'do a job' there since that what the manager wants, but then we'll have lots of games like S'ton and Stoke where we'll have to spend long periods of games defending against average teams all because our attack has given up and the team has been overrun. We may not be this fortunate all the time

Dobbs

Rashford offers little offensively as a winger, I know people will keep mentioning this stat even if he doesn't scores/assist in the next 3 games but the truth is if any decent player spends enough time playing in atack for any decent team you'll rack up goals and assists, be you Rashford, Welbeck or Defoe. There's wingers with almost similar numbers in less playing time like Sane and Martial. I love Rash, but what he offers as a winger, for me, is not enough. Can't dribble, get past his man,not a good crosser, not an intelligent passer. He can always 'do a job' there since that what the manager wants, but then we'll have lots of games like S'ton and Stoke where we'll have to spend long periods of games defending against average teams all because our attack has given up and the team has been overrun. We may not be this fortunate all the time
I suppose this is the fun of football debate but to me that's an unfathomable conclusion.

He might not be putting it together consistently but he's already demonstrated the above abilities time and time again.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Do you actually watch the games? How could you think that?

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Rarely would I insult someone and say they're full of shit...but, yeah you know I mean.

fellaini's barber

Rarely would I insult someone and say they're full of shit...but, yeah you know I mean.
Words can't express how little I give a shit about you or what you think

Do you actually watch the games? How could you think that?
Do you mean when he tries to hit the ball and run past or through his marker, he sometimes ricochets his way through but if thats what you people call being a good dribbler then I guess we'll have to agree to disagree

I suppose this is the fun of football debate but to me that's an unfathomable conclusion.

He might not be putting it together consistently but he's already demonstrated the above abilities time and time again.
He has a decent cross on his right I admit but how often will he be doing that playing LW? As for his passing I've lost count of how many times he has teammates in good positions but he just keeps running, happens every game.

Now I've been on this board long enough to know that when it comes to young English mancs from the academy people on here tend to be blinkered as feck, seen it all before. And as usual, time will tell. Rashford is a good player, he has his good qualities, is a fighter and pretty good goal scorer for his age despite the fact that many people think he's wasteful. But him being our first choice left winger is not good for us

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
You say this as if our current alternatives can do all of this with ease consistently. Regardless, disagree.

IrishRedDevil

You say this as if our current alternatives can do all of this with ease consistently. Regardless, disagree.
Martial is a much better dribbler, can regularly get past his man and is also alot more generous in terms of passing the ball to his teammates. Rashford is much better at crossing the ball though.

fellaini's barber

Martial can though I don't know how consistently as he has not been given a run of starts this season so I can't judge. Consistency seems to be a big issue with our forwards, but then we knew all this since last season. I personally felt suprised our manager went into the season with only Martial as our only natural LW, then plays Rashford in most of the games. I always felt our attack needed more than just the Lukaku addition.

Dobbs

He has a decent cross on his right I admit but how often will he be doing that playing LW? As for his passing I've lost count of how many times he has teammates in good positions but he just keeps running, happens every game.

Now I've been on this board long enough to know that when it comes to young English mancs from the academy people on here tend to be blinkered as feck, seen it all before. And as usual, time will tell. Rashford is a good player, he has his good qualities, is a fighter and pretty good goal scorer for his age despite the fact that many people think he's wasteful. But him being our first choice left winger is not good for us
Right so that initial comment of "He's not a good crosser" isn't true then. He's just a right footed player on the left.

The rest of your criticism seems to come from his lack of consistency because you've definitely seen him beat men and make some nice passes.

fellaini's barber

Right so that initial comment of "He's not a good crosser" isn't true then. He's just a right footed player on the left.

The rest of your criticism seems to come from his lack of consistency because you've definitely seen him beat men and make some nice passes.
Yea, I said I admitted that when I replied, he has a good right foot cross, but that won't help us much if he's playing LW would it, I still maintain he's not a very good dribbler or passer though, everybody can beat their man and make some nice passes once in a while, Neymar and Zaha do that all the time but surely you understand why one holds the worlds transfer record fee while one plays for CP after not making it here. I simply don't feel Rashford should be our first team LW, not that he's a bad player or anything plus its not even his fault his playing there, I just feel we lose much as a team playing him there.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Do you mean when he tries to hit the ball and run past or through his marker, he sometimes ricochets his way through but if thats what you people call being a good dribbler then I guess we'll have to agree to disagree
This is not all he does and it's just a daft thing to say but let's assume it's true - he still attempts the most take one and gets past his man more often than any other player on the team, bar Pogba maybe. Who cares how he does it when the end result is the same?

His skills are fantastic though. I really don't think you're watching the games carefully if you haven't noticed it. Do you browse the caf and Twitter during or something?

Pogba and Lukaku said recently that Rashford is the most skillful player on the team.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Facepalm.

Dobbs

Yea, I said I admitted that when I replied, he has a good right foot cross, but that won't help us much if he's playing LW would it, I still maintain he's not a very good dribbler or passer though, everybody can beat their man and make some nice passes once in a while, Neymar and Zaha do that all the time but surely you understand why one holds the worlds transfer record fee while one plays for CP after not making it here. I simply don't feel Rashford should be our first team LW, not that he's a bad player or anything plus its not even his fault his playing there, I just feel we lose much as a team playing him there.
Agree with your overall point there, any player can do something now and again and yeah he's not ideal on the left.

BUT you must have seen enough from Rashford by now, with his passing and ability to beat man, to recognise he has some real ability in those departments. It's just not possible to have missed it. For club and country.

I think you're judging him as if he were 27, expecting it every week.

Stacks

Agree with your overall point there, any player can do something now and again and yeah he's not ideal on the left.

BUT you must have seen enough from Rashford by now, with his passing and ability to beat man, to recognise he has some real ability in those departments. It's just not possible to have missed it. For club and country.

I think you're judging him as if he were 27, expecting it every week.
It's difficult because we say youngsters are consistent but then we must expect 'something' to be consistent in their game to be a top prospect.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
You haven't watched any of our games have you?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Last time he came off the bench against Basel and scored the goal, now ended up on bench again. Till now he hasn't started any CL game even though he scored goal in just 15-20 mins cameo he had. He should leave the club for better opportunities as he isn't starting in the biggest club competition there is. Am I doing it right?

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
I think JoMou's rotation of Rashford and Martial is really doing wonders at the moment, it breeds healthy competition and it feels like both of them are out to prove a point in almost every appearance this season.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
But there has to come a point where both of them have to play if they're delivering otherwise they might start feeling disgruntled.

The Bloody-Nine

But there has to come a point where both of them have to play if they're delivering otherwise they might start feeling disgruntled.
So what? You can't keep everyone happy all the time. We play both, Lukaku gets disgruntled? There are plenty of games to go around and they're both youngsters who are starting out.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Very poor showing. If Martial's okay there should be no question as to who starts against Palace if it's one or the other. I'd start both.

wr8_utd

:'(
3rd performance in a row where he's looked drunk going forward. I like this guy but he needs to play up top or not at all. Especially with Martial in the form he is.

prateik

Did he even warm up properly. If Martial did ask to come off and he wasnt ready, he probably wasnt exerting himself or chasing down..
He cant risk an injury in that case. Just fill a spot and see the game out .

He certainly looked like someone who didnt want to run too much, which is unlike him.

RedStarUnited

Rashford doesn't come on with the same hunger as Martial when he comes off the bench. Rashford knows he is starting on the weekend, Martial knows he aint......

automaticflare

Did he even warm up properly. If Martial did ask to come off and he wasnt ready, he probably wasnt exerting himself or chasing down..
He cant risk an injury in that case. Just fill a spot and see the game out .

He certainly looked like someone who didnt want to run too much, which is unlike him.
I think this is main point I reckon either tuanzebe or mctominay for matic was the next sub.
Just fill a hole on left wing don't do any damage to himself

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Why does he insist on that shit free kick technique? The only free kick I remember him scoring was the curler against Celta.

Status
Not open for further replies.