Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Henman

Come on Tim!
It's about time we stopped asking him to be dropped everytime Martial shows a bit of form
Martial deserved his shot. Think it would be pretty demoralising to come on twice and shine, then not get a chance to start. Not sure what Jose is going to do about that wing.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Apart from goal, those two passes which he played to Lingard and Matic were fantastic too. Showed very good vision.
Also played Lukaku in the dying moments of the game didn't he? Great impact off the bench, to say the least.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Happy he got his goal. He's not composed one on one. Whenever he doesn't have time to think, that's when the goals go in. Made some very good decisions today as well.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Apart from goal, those two passes which he played to Lingard and Matic were fantastic too. Showed very good vision.
His through balls were just :drool:

Managed what other players were struggling with.

Yagami

Good post resistant
His through balls were just :drool:

Managed what other players were struggling with.
Whenever Alexis plays on the left for Arsenal, I see him play the same passes over and over again. They look simple but you don't see many other forwards try them when out wide. They either try to cross it or dribble their way in. So simple yet so effective.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Some talent he is. I've said before, but I really see potential for a Gareth Bale like development.

I really want him and Martial to be starting and growing together as Rooney and Ronaldo did for us.

Ashley R1+O

Superb finish! Love his attitude, he and Martial have a great battle going on here and it will make them better players for it.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I wonder if Rashford would be this far developed, or even broken through at all, had LVG not started his 2nd season with only Rooney and Martial as strikers.

I don't think Rashford would have broken through, had LVG had also kept Hernandez or Welbeck, so he deserves so much thanks and credit for this gift.

TheReligion

Abusive
Should be getting mentioned in the same breath as Mbabpe.. isn't.. why I don't know. The lad is pure class. Major top talent. And he's from Manchester. :drool:

NoPace

Play him right wing. This 'competition' with Martial is stupid, in that, both are our two best wide options, and we have two wings - so I don't get why hey have to fight it out for one spot.
I think, at this point, our first choice lineup for a properly tough game is probably a 4-3-3 with Matic, Pogba and then either Fellaini or Herrera completing the midfield, with Lukaku up top, Rashford on one wing and then one of Martial, Mkhitaryan, Mata or Lingard on the other.

barmyarmy

Rashford & Martial competing against each other for LW position getting the best out of each other. Today's goal would give him lot of confidence after missing some easy chances previously

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Should be getting mentioned in the same breath as Mbabpe.. isn't.. why I don't know. The lad is pure class. Major top talent. And he's from Manchester. :drool:
No hè really shouldnt still. A fantastic talent nonetheless, dont get why our fans are so harsh on him. Doesnt score for a few weeks and he is a championship level player. He is excellent and when he finds more consistency in his game, in his shooting, dribbling, finishing like Martial has, he'll be a very dangerous force for us.

Acole9

Outstanding
He looked unhappy about being on the bench and came on and did the best thing possible and score :devil:.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Superb cameo against Leicester yesterday. Not only did he score, he kept picking out eye of the needle passes. Very impressive.

Ace of Spades

He has been very good even without scoring, just needs to improve on finishing his one on one chances. It seems he can finish instinctively, but seems to struggle when he has time to think about it.

GM K

As far as I am concerned, Martial beats Rashford only in two areas: finishing and dribbling (better close control).

Rashford is quicker, passes better, crosses better, works harder and possesses better off the ball movement.

Who you pick is entirely dependent on your personal preferences when it comes to playing style and specific game plans.

Two great young players we have there though. They fit in perfectly into an elite group of attacking young talents in Europe: Mbappe, Dembele, Sane, Asensio, Alli, Jesus, Dybala etc.

I think they will really explode this season.

Jagga7

I think that's the reason he's not. If he was Brazilian people would be drooling over him. He's only 19, an incredible talent.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
This is really what we need to see more of. At times last season, it felt like he wasn't mixing his game enough. His intent, albeit direct and positive, always seemed to be to outpace the opposition defenders without thinking it much through and he'd lose the ball or overrun the ball quite a bit. There wasn't really a Plan B from him. I know 30 minutes is a very small sample but it's good to see a little bit more composure and intelligence from him. Adding little things like this to his game will make him a very hard player to defend against. He's got superb potential and I really want to see him start our next game.

Bwuk

Would like to see him play on the right in our next game, with Martial left and Mkhi in the middle.

AR87

It would be quite amusing if Mourinho wins a title while handing major minutes to young, developing talent like Rashford and Martial instead of splurging huge on an already developed wide player to play that role.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Only Malta, but the kid has been excellent since he came on for England at half time. He switched to the right for the last 20 minutes and has been even more effective there. I've been an advocate of the 'why do we have to play only one of him and Martial?' question - and his ability to play on the right has been underlined again tonight.

I believe that will be our strongest attacking lineup to play both, I don't see Mata in our strongest XI personally, especially on the right.

England's brightest player by far when he came on. The opposition was poor but did a lot better than Ox or Sterling out there. Showed some nice dribbling and vision (assisted Kane) as well as one sexy backheel flick to Walker. Should definitely be starting over Ox for England and for United I'd like to see him tried out on the right with Martial on the left. Mata has played a more important role than some think in these first few games with his dangerous movement and ability to find space but Rashford on the right would make us very direct, and he's showed he has good delivery from wide areas and cutting in

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Only Malta, but the kid has been excellent since he came on for England at half time. He switched to the right for the last 20 minutes and has been even more effective there. I've been an advocate of the 'why do we have to play only one of him and Martial?' question - and his ability to play on the right has been underlined again tonight.

I believe that will be our strongest attacking lineup to play both, I don't see Mata in our strongest XI personally, especially on the right.
I agree, was only against Malta but we should play him on the right wing. Would offer us more there than Mata and he's rapid.

Solo Toure

Just watched the England game, this kid is absolutely special, you can tell he is working hard on his game, physically and tactically.

I can see similarities with a certain CR7 with his tricks and flicks, if he can carry on with his great attitude and hard work he can definitely became an astounding world class talent who lucky for us is United through and through.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Just watched the England game, this kid is absolutely special, you can tell he is working hard on his game, physically and tactically.

I can see similarities with a certain CR7 with his tricks and flicks, if he can carry on with his great attitude and hard work he can definitely became an astounding world class talent who lucky for us is United through and through.
Agree with all of this. Due to his attitude, I struggle to see him becoming anything less than a top player.

AshRK

If ox is worth £40m and sterling worth £50m then rashford is surely worth £70m.

Status
Not open for further replies.