Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Great performance and Englands best player.

More than the assist and the goal I'm just so impressed by his mental fortitude, for a young player to be largely responsible for the goal after 2 mins (though he was dropped innit by Walker and Cahill) to go on and keep trying, being brave on the ball and trying to take the game by the scruff. So impressive.

DeOddi

Good game but i would´ve liked him to play a bit more attacking. Was playing a lot deeper than the other attackers (at times like a 2nd left-back). A few more runs into the box instead of staying wide most of the time would have been nice as well.

Classical Mechanic

Interesting that he took that free kick off Dier and that he managed to get some free kicks for us too. It shows that he has big character. I am always impressed by how mature and confident he is when speaking too. I think he still has deficiencies but his confidence and desire are going to see him improve a lot in coming seasons.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
His game is still very raw but you can't but admire his drive.

el3mel

Special talent. He's only 19 and still developing so seeing such a quality from him at this age is something else.

By this rate when he becomes 24 he'll be a great player in our formation already.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
All kids need are games to earn trust. This is why supporters watch the underage teams - though on the surface few would have said Rashford was ready. If he keeps working hard, suddenly we have this great option that came out of another players misfortune sadly. So in that regard, you could say it was meant to be. I still think we've great quality in the youth and shouldn't obsess about others so much. If Rashford can add parts to his game and improve his shot selection/finishing - then he won't be a bad player and there is zero chance of going anywhere else providing he keeps working hard.

Walters_19_MuFc

Today showed why I feel he'll go far.

The fact that he carried on wanting the ball and trying to make things happen, after making a mistake that led to the Slovakia goal, shows how big his mentality is.

Most 19 year old's would have crumbled.

Carried England tonight, and in the end, won the game for us, with a superb finish.

Super game!

Bwuk

Where do we think he'll end up playing?

#9 or as inside forward out wide?

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
His little flicks which actually work for the benefit of the team and directness really makes him stand out. Manage on his physique a bit more and he will be incredible. Starting high end football at such a young age will really help him out in the future and you can see him getting better already.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Really difficult to tell, he's one of those players that could be "hampered" by having an all round game. He deserves to play closer to goal as he can develop his finishing and prove a great goal scorer.

What is likely though is that he will always be used for his game from deep and it will limit the amount of goals he score which will cool his reputation.

The challenge for him is to prove himself a consistent goal scorer from deeper which will then earn his right to stay up top a bit more often and get amongst the goals.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Really difficult to tell, he's one of those players that could be "hampered" by having an all round game. He deserves to play closer to goal as he can develop his finishing and prove a great goal scorer.

What is likely though is that he will always be used for his game from deep and it will limit the amount of goals he score which will cool his reputation.

The challenge for him is to prove himself a consistent goal scorer from deeper which will then earn his right to stay up top a bit more often and get amongst the goals.
I dont see why he cant do what Mbappe is doing and play as a second striker. In a 352 it can work for our team but we definitely need better wingbacks to make it happen.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups

Might end up being determined by the context of the club and the players around him. As good as he is or might be, can't see a manager building a side for him. So, considering Lukaku just arrived and he's very young too, I suspect wide-forward… unless United develops into a more regular system that uses two strikers, like 3-5-2 (or 4-4-2).

Classical Mechanic

Good game but i would´ve liked him to play a bit more attacking. Was playing a lot deeper than the other attackers (at times like a 2nd left-back). A few more runs into the box instead of staying wide most of the time would have been nice as well.
He seemed to step off at the end like you say. I wondered if that was tactical.

ti vu

Might end up being determined by the context of the club and the players around him. As good as he is or might be, can't see a manager building a side for him. So, considering Lukaku just arrived and he's very young too, I suspect wide-forward… unless United develops into a more regular system that uses two strikers, like 3-5-2 (or 4-4-2).
IMO we can't play Lukaku and Rashford centrally. Differently but both preferring being shoulder to should with last defenders. Rashford would be stay wider playing with Lukaku while someone like Martial who loves to cut into the space between defense and midfield lines are better suited as central partner with Lukaku.

GrandJury

He's got the drive to become absolutely world class. So happy we have him.

OverratedOpinion

I have three posts left in the next 24 hours and I am going to use all three of them professing my undying love and admiration for Marcus Rashford.

It has already been mentioned but his desire to improve is so evident and there is something incredibly satisfying about watching it gradually pay dividends. It feels like every time he plays we see a facet to his game that we wouldn't have even considered 18 months ago.

Reactions: KM

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Was at the game. Best player on the pitch by a country mile, almost from the moment he lost possession for their goal. On a night when the crowd managed the rare feat of booing both a substituted player and his replacement, and resorted to paper aeroplanes again by the end, he was rewarded with a deserved standing ovation. Worth noting too that, even though it was played with all the enthusasiasm of a midnight piss, it was actually quite an important game, and he was the only one who treated it as such. Boy's an absolute don.

Last edited:

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
Was at the game. Best player on the pitch by a country mile, almost from the moment he lost possession for their goal. On a night when the crowd managed the rare feat of booing both a substituted player and his replacement, and resorted to paper aeroplanes again by the end, he was rewarded with a deserved standing ovation. Worth pointing too that, even though it was played with all the enthusasiasm of a midnight piss, it was actually quite an important game, and he was the only one who treated it as such. Boy's an absolute don.
:cool:

Everest Red

Reddest ever
im aware. Hes 1 year younger. Both amazing Players and we shouldnt be jealous of Psg having him as i think we have a player who can be just as good.
Rashford didn't cost 180 million and it's special to have a homegrown superstar. I am so hesitant to be excited after several false hopes but he seems special.

Devil may care

Really showed his mental toughness tonight, he pulled England into the game and linked up well with Dele, his goal was a class finish and some of his through balls in the inside channel showed real vision, his deft pick out of Kane was especially good.

Tarrou

I'm still half stuck in this mind-set that he isn't really that good a bit like what happened with Harry Kane for a while.

He is that good though, fecking hell. Fergie would've absolutely loved him.

ManuMou

I am starting to see similarities between him and Ronaldo/Messi/Bale/Neymar, where they possess certain attributes of both #10 and #9. All round attacking play, winger, and goal scoring abilities. Rashford's finishing is bad, he needs to work on it. Fortunately Ronaldo's finishing wasn't that good at the age of 19 as well. I am not saying Rashford is at the level of these players already, but rather in terms of his attributes. Well of course that is a very "broad/general" categorization. You could argue every single one of Ronaldo/Messi/Bale/Neymar is different. Then that's a different story.

saivet

Didn't see the game, but lovely finish. Hope he keeps up the good stuff for England.

iamherenow

He isn't perfect but he is special..his attitude is amazing,doesn't shy away and keeps plugging away..

Tapori

Had to post. Very mixed performance by England as per usual but:

What a slaughtering by shite journalists awaited him from thick jealous envious priks.
I don't care if he scored or even if we lost, what was striking was Rashford's mentality. Strength and courage to not be swayed by a few poor decisions and mistakes, he never gave up and if anything he seemed possessed to do more well by actually playing well.Not "Mee,mee, Stevie me la," way but doing what a good player does: Attack, be brave, look for your teammates, find space and look forwards.

I hope gold-digging hoes stay away, because the lad is on his way right to the very top if he keeps improving with this mentality. Plus he's from Wythenshawe. Oh Ravel, it could have been you too.

Status
Not open for further replies.