Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andersonson

You must think Lukaku is better than both :lol:
He is, or atleast was. Lukaku has had a top and better performances longer than both.

Neither Rashford or Martial has come close to scoring 25 goals a season until maybe Rashford now.

Rashford is the only one, even close to matching his numbers. And this is the first season doing so.

Martial would've never bagged 17 goals for WBA or even18/25 for Everton. He haven't even been close to this tally for united.

Lukaku bagged 17 when he was 18/19. Martial 11

mattsville

Think he will be a brilliant forward by the time he is 26, he has improved a bit this season, but in the meantime you have to let him develop his football intelligence and decision making, that is what is frustrating to watch but it will happen if they persevere which they seem to be.

sherrinford

He is, or atleast was. Lukaku has had a top and better performances longer than both.

Neither Rashford or Martial has come close to scoring 25 goals a season until maybe Rashford now.

Rashford is the only one, even close to matching his numbers. And this is the first season doing so.

Martial would've never bagged 17 goals for WBA or even18/25 for Everton. He haven't even been close to this tally for united.

That’s great. You’ll be able to rank every forward in Europe with goal stats so easy to come by. No need to watch any games...

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Think he will be a brilliant forward by the time he is 26, he has improved a bit this season, but in the meantime you have to let him develop his football intelligence and decision making, that is what is frustrating to watch but it will happen if they persevere which they seem to be.
Yeah pretty much. Would help if there were players in attack that were actually experienced at football and are really good at knowing what to do with a football when they have it but we keep on buying younger and younger players so you have to wonder where is he going to learn those things in training from? Every single United player in the past 20 years has said how they would watch Giggs/Scholes/Keane in training. We had Rooney in the mix as well but then lost all of those players in one go.

Would also be nice if Rashford didn't need to start every match. The more tired you get the more mistakes you get and he's still got that young Rooney problem of managing his energy in games.

He's a frustrating player but that's because he's young, talented and hasn't got too much help.

VJ1762

I knew this was going to happen. People were going overboard with the CR comparisons. Couldn't even get past fecking Ainsley Maitland niles. Needs to be taken out for a few games so that he doesn't get complacent. I would start with Tony M upfront, DJ at left and Mason on the right.

Doesn't help that he is playing every game.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I knew this was going to happen. People were going overboard with the CR comparisons. Couldn't even get past fecking Ainsley Maitland niles. Needs to be taken out for a few games so that he doesn't get complacent. I would start with Tony M upfront, DJ at left and Mason on the right.

Doesn't help that he is playing every game.
What was going to happen? He won ManUtd player of the month and PFA fans player of the month award for December. Started just one game in Jan and played 20 mins in other game.

At least wait for few more games before coming up with usual posts.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
So there are still some people who hasn't acknowledge what Rashford done this season. 16 club goals in total with 12 league goals + 1 wasn't counted against Aston Villa (counted as own goal) as well as some chances that he hit the post is an impressive number & display. From 22 years old, this is not his prime age hence why you should expect some inconsistency performance.

The thing about Rashford is that I see massive improvement from him not just the number of end product he produced but I see improvement in his header aspect, left foot shooting, movement in the box & his long shots. He was weak with those aspects under Mourinho, but Ole managed to improve them and I'm sure it also depends on Rashford's attitude on the training ground & desire to improve, and he will continue to improve them. Top top player we have here, fully deserve that no 10 after Rooney wore it.

Compared to Martial this season, Rashford is less to get involved in general play but because of the improvement in those four aspects, he becomes more productive this season and I have no issue with him being less involved in general play.

Dropping him will be silly, he has done very well, we will be in worse situation without him. And to even suggest Daniel James should play over him (like a poster above mine) is madness because James himself hasn't been good recently and fact I thought James has been the worst one out of the trio post the City league game.

Strelok

Lukaku always play as a striker while Rashford and Martial have spent most of their career on the left wing. And today a modern #9 has a lot responsabilities than just to score. For example Firmino, he doesn't score much but indispensable to the Klopp system. And if you say Lukaku is better than Firmino then :lol:

I guess you are the type that only check livescore but hardly actually watch a match. Football is not that simple mate :lol:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Lukaku always play as a striker while Rashford and Martial have spent most of their career on the left wing. And today a modern #9 has a lot responsabilities than just to score. For example Firmino, he doesn't score much but indispensable to the Klopp system. And if you say Lukaku is better than Firmino then :lol:

I guess you are the type that only check livescore but hardly actually watch a match. Football is not that simple mate :lol:
Not sure why you are laughing at that. I don't rate Lukaku but both Lukaku & Firmino are different player, each of them have aspect that makes them better. Scoring goals, physical strength and purely power, Lukaku is better because he's a goal scorer. Someone who bring others into play, less goals but more technical, Firmino is better because he's a false 9.

There is no such a thing called modern #9 nowdays, it depends on how you want to play. Lukaku is playing in modern days and he still scoring goals. I don't fancy him because he's incapable to bring others into play but if he plays for someone like Conte who wants a goalscorer in his system then it will still work in modern days.

And back to the original poster you replied, I also disagree with him and for Manchester United attackers I do expect more than Lukaku, more than just goals thus why I prefer Martial & Rashford. However, if we have manager like Conte, I can accept Lukaku in my team because he wants a pure big goal scorer who can score goals and he can get the best out of him in his system.

Strelok

Not sure why you are laughing at that. I don't rate Lukaku but both Lukaku & Firmino are different player, each of them have aspect that makes them better. Scoring goals, physical strength and purely power, Lukaku is better because he's a goal scorer. Someone who bring others into play, less goals but more technical, Firmino is better because he's a false 9.

There is no such a thing called modern #9 nowdays, it depends on how you want to play. Lukaku is playing in modern days and he still scoring goals. I don't fancy him because he's incapable to bring others into play but if he plays for someone like Conte who wants a goalscorer in his system then it will still work in modern days.

And back to the original poster you replied, I also disagree with him and for Manchester United attackers I do expect more than Lukaku, more than just goals thus why I prefer Martial & Rashford. However, if we have manager like Conte, I can accept Lukaku in my team because he wants a pure big goal scorer who can score goals and he can get the best out of him in his system.
It does seems to me like you two both haven't watched Lukaku. He was the worst #9 has ever played for us in the last 20 years. And if anyone say he's better than Rashford or Martial, of course I'm gonna laugh, common he can't even trap a ball properly ffs :lol:

And you don't even seem to understand the term "modern #9". Not every #9 play in modern day are a modern #9. Look at how Martial or Firmino play and you'd understand.

I found this a waste of time tbh, we'd better stop here because I don't think I'll ever be able nor it's necessary for me to prove to you that Martial and Rashford is better than Lukaku. I'm just super glad that we sold him and got our money back, honestly watching him play made me wanna gouge my eyes out sometime.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It does seems to me like you two both haven't watched Lukaku. He was the worst #9 has ever played for us in the last 20 years. And if anyone say he's better than Rashford or Martial, of course I'm gonna laugh, common he can't even trap a ball properly ffs :lol:

And you don't even seem to understand the term "modern #9". Not every #9 play in modern day are a modern #9. Look at how Martial or Firmino play and you'd understand.

I found this a waste of time tbh, we'd better stop here because I don't think I'll ever be able nor it's necessary for me to prove to you that Martial and Rashford is better than Lukaku. I'm just super glad that we sold him and got our money back, honestly watching him play made me wanna gouge my eyes out sometime.
You didn't read my post I can guarantee that 100%, you just completely wasted my time reading your post.

Strelok

And what were you arguing in that post?
I did a quick check. There is no such definition of "modern #9", what I mean is actually called "false 9" like you said. And I see your points now.

My bad mate, my apologizes.

However I'll still be laughing whenever someone says Lukaku is better than Rashford or Martial, honestly :lol:

Man Utd 1:3 Man City

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Before the goal I was thinking he needs another International break to find his form again because while the goals keep coming his actual performances have been poor for a number of weeks now

DocRockter

His free-kick was a disgrace.. You go low on keepers like Bravo to stretch him out. There's no point of going high when you saw how the wall was placed.

el3mel

We can criticize him, but the reality is he has been our best player this season and the one with the biggest output. Can't blame him much for anything happening around him.

Alemar

Another goal scored, against strong opposition as well. 17 goals so far this season

Hoof the ball

We can criticize him, but the reality is he has been our best player this season and the one with the biggest output. Can't blame him much for anything happening around him.
Here's the issue I have with that. Goals seem to convince people that a player having a generally poor or average match actually had a good one. Take tonight. It was very clear that Rashford was having a poor game, and yet he scored, therefore, there's a score of people highlighting Rashford for having played well. That's precisely how it's been for a good many of the games Rashford has scored in. Retrospectively, we look at his stats and we see he's scored quite a few goals, but then the assumption looking back is, "aha, he's scored X amount of goals, therefore, he's played well Y amount of times", but that's not been the case. A great deal of those games were like tonight.

Djemba-Djemba

A bright spot in an increasingly grim nightmare season.

Glad he's a Manc and tied down to a long contract otherwise I'd be worried about him wanting out.

Ban

Here's the issue I have with that. Goals seem to convince people that a player having a generally poor or average match actually had a good one. Take tonight. It was very clear that Rashford was having a poor game, and yet he scored, therefore, there's a score of people highlighting Rashford for having played well. That's precisely how it's been for a good many of the games Rashford has scored in. Retrospectively, we look at his stats and we see he's scored quite a few goals, but then the assumption looking back is, "aha, he's scored X amount of goals, therefore, he's played well Y amount of times", but that's not been the case. A great deal of those games were like tonight.
He's absolutely the least of our problems.

Stadjer

Rashford was criticized by quite a few posters in the matchday thread because he didnt seem to track back very much during the first 45 minutes. He didnt but i think he was instructed to stay forward and be use the space he got because Walker was going forward all the time. Ronaldo was never tracking back much and made use of the space he got on the counter. Rashford is ''Ole's Ronaldo'' and i think it was the tactic to keep Rashford forward. Rashford isnt lazy and has no problem tracking back during other games.

NoPace

He's 22 and scoring goals. He'll get better as an overall player in in the next few years. It's literally every one of the other outfield players that aren't good enough (save Pogba if he still counts as a United player).

Bobski

Erratic but that was a very good goal, great run, the first touch was perfect and the finish was sharp.

criticalanalysis

Scored a very good goal but was absolute sh|te for the whole game. Pretty much lost every other ball that came his way and very lackadaisical. Still better than Lingard mind.

Having said that, it's totally excuseable as it's obvious he's carrying a knock and/or is just absolutely fecking shattered. He's Utd through and through, which is great because he's playing for pride and the shirt but it might be wise of him to admit fatique and tell OGS that he needs a rest. Afterall, his game is an all guns blazing, high octane, physical blitz.

Foxbatt

He was terrible today. He didn't pass when he had the opportunity to do so inside their box and we had players in their box and as Captain he never complained to the referee the dishing they were giving to us.

Eddy_JukeZ

He's been off form lately.

Can't blame him much.

He's been our best player this season.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He's a forward, if he score a lot of goals then what's the issue? It's not like he's losing the ball easily due to poor touch like a certain striker we used to have. Player who can score goals when he doesn't get involved too much or being poor is usually a sign of world class talent. Someone who can produce something out of nothing, we've seen lot of world class forwards like that.

The issue is that people need to understand he's still young hence why inconsistent performance in the game is to be expected. So far he has shown good progress of improvement and he will only get better from learning through experiences and practicing in training.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
17 goals and 6 assists this season. He should reach 35-40 goals + assists this season.

Nero

Don't understand playing him when he quite clearly has a hip injury. 3 of the past 4 games he has pulled up holding it.

Can just cause long term problems.

Kostov

Poor game but a good goal that was. I think he would improve much more if we had a competent manager who would develop him further ala Klopp. My worry is that with all the shit surrounding him and Martial he would stop improving, Ole loves to feed his ego, and I think it will hurt him long term.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Don't understand playing him when he quite clearly has a hip injury. 3 of the past 4 games he has pulled up holding it.

Yeah, we're running him into the ground. He can't even last the first minute without holding his hip, and we can't press effectively as a team because he's seemingly been told to take it easy when we don't have the ball.

Our atrocious squad planning coming back to bite us yet again.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Sign of a good player is he keeps scoring goals even if he isn't having the best of games. Took his goal well yesterday.

-Supreme-

People based everything off stats these days, I doubt if they even bother watching the game anymore

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Yep he's definitely injured. No wonder we were telling him not to track Walker back. He didn't look comfortable running at all and very early on he was holding his hip left rear side.

I feel bad as he's trying his best and clearly playing in pain but it makes him look bad - but he's trying for the team.

Solskjaer and Woodward desperately need to help this squad out as we're going to fall to pieces.

fps

He's 22 and scoring goals. He'll get better as an overall player in in the next few years. It's literally every one of the other outfield players that aren't good enough (save Pogba if he still counts as a United player).
Criticising Rashford after that performance yesterday is insane. And he got the goal, that’s what top strikers do, out of the game, chance, goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.