Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
My concern is I still think Rashford lacks elite technical ability which players like Martial and Greenwood possess. At his explosive best he’s still a great player but with the way this team is developing I think it’s vital that everyone has a high base level technique. Sancho rinses Rashford is that department so it’s easy to see him being the fall guy in this form.

Toddler

He hasnt been bad but something is missing from his game from time to time. His overall play is a tad bit too erratic and unproductive. He had an terrible injury so it might due to that, let us see next campaign.

Rashford is seriously out of his depth as a first team player for this club, and no, it’s not knee-jerk after this game, he just isn’t good enough, and never will be. I suspect he will always play like a youth player.

Fan-boys, do your worse, but we won’t be winning anything with him as a winger, or make shift ‘striker’.

I’d sell - we NEED a word class striker to get anywhere near where we were, Greenwood on the other hand will be a lethal player for us.

Cut our losses, send him in loan at the least, but he ain’t no first team player yet (Rashford)...
If this is the standard of hour posts, then you will never be promoted.

I’d say it was a wind up, but the state of our fanbase means I’m not surprised if you believe this.

Andersons Dietician

He just seems very out of sorts. There are good moments in games and then others where it’s like he isn’t even bothered. Hope he snaps out of the funk soon. Maybe he is carrying an injury or is just knackered. Certainly went off with some sort of injury last night and see,Ed to be struggiling for a while before he was taken off.

Coops73

He didn’t play well but I think it was because bad boy Zorc pissed on his chips by saying his pal Sancho ain’t going nowhere.

acnumber9

That won't help his decision making that's the problem with Rashford his decision making is why he will never be world class.
Rashfords stats are padded by penalties this season before Bruno came.
Hopefully Rashford becomes a world class player but i don't see it happening he lacks to much of the basics.
He’s 22 years old. He has 15 goals and 10 assists in a season where he suffered a fractured back. Not bad for a player stat padding and lacking the basics. This forum has gone to the absolute dogs.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He's had a very strange season. Pre injury I think he was one of our best players. Since coming back he's not seemed himself at all. I think he just needs to put this season behind him soon and focus on the next one. He had a terrible injury, an injury RVP described as a career ender, and it's clearly set him back quite a bit.

I'm not overly worried just yet. If he's still playing this way in 12 months then I think we can start to be very worried. That injury he got was no joke and I think he deserves some slack personally even though he's been very poor.

arthurka

Modern football fans need to understand that this isn't FIFA or Football manager. He is a young person who had a really tough injury that could easily have ruined his career. Give the guy some slack he will come good he has a heart of gold and an iron will.

Honestly, he's streets ahead of Martial as a striker.
Do you still think so ?
For me there is no position in the attacking half that Rashford is better than Martial.
Martial has got better dribbling.
Higher footballing IQ.
Better finishing.
Better passing.

The only thing I would give Rashford over Martial is power shots and higher workrate.

Last edited:

Nick7

Do you still think so ?
For me there is no position in the attacking half that Rashford is better than Martial.
Martial has got better dribbling.
Higher footballing IQ.
Better finishing.
Better passing.

The only thing I would give Rashford over Martial is power shots and higher workrate.
When I posted it, yea I thought that was true and Martial was a better left winger. Since then Martial has come on leaps and bounds as a striker

I do disagree with you on passing. I think Rashford is a better passer of the ball

why are you going back and quoting year old posts?

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Are we sure he's fit? He just mopes around for huge swathes of the match. I feel like something must be going on, maybe it's just frustration with his game, but he basically didn't press yesterday either which has always been a strong suit of his. Real lack of energy, drive and dynamism even if you excuse an off night in terms of delivery and technique.

Schmeichel=God

Was thinking the same. Some in another thread posted an article quoted RVP how dangerous the back injury would be. Imo he definitely need a rest. He doesn't look alright at all, he checked his legs after any sprint or challenge. He couldn't control a long pass properly while running like he usually does. His reach is no where as good as it used to be. Try to think about the Rashford against Spurs and you'd see. Keep playing him in this condition will do him no good rather than harm I think.
Yeah he's going to be mentally committing less and operating physically at a lower standard. He's got to build that trust up within himself. And again perhaps some 30 minute game changing appearances where he does push it 100% would be a better gauge of where he's at.

Just seen your location, Da Nang huh! I was there a little while back, enjoyed my time there..nice big beach, cool bridges, decent town although I didn't see too much of it. Wouldn't mind being there now!

simplyared

He still performs at a level that warrants his place in the team but he just not cutting it at present. He looks too over confident for my liking. Definately a job for the coaching staff to bring him back down to earth a bit.

When I posted it, yea I thought that was true and Martial was a better left winger. Since then Martial has come on leaps and bounds as a striker

I do disagree with you on passing. I think Rashford is a better passer of the ball

I don't rate your scouting skills that's why I went back quoting that year old post.

We will have to disagree to disagree regarding the passing bit too then.

Craig Ward

In and out of games at the moment - whether thats fatigue or recovering from the injury i dont know.

Looks dangerous when he's on the ball and we are attacking. His pace is immense.

He can do more but he seems to be static for long periods which isnt great. Needs a big game in the semi's

Nick7

I don't rate your scouting skills that's why I went back quoting that year old post.

I ain't a scout. Just a football fan.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
I liked Rashford's involvement in the penalty incident. There's three players around Mata as both Zeka and Jensten are pointing for somebody to pick up the overlapping run of Brandon Williams. Undeterred, Rashford pauses on the ball to give the perception that he's about to make use of Williams as an outlet. Concurrently, Varela vacates Mata to track the run of Brandon. As the Uruguayan does this, Rashford makes a progressive line breaking pass into Mata who takes it into his stride with a deft turn before releasing the ball to Martial. One quality which top teams need to disorganise the opposition is players with the technical proficiency to receive the ball with opposing players in close proximity, as well as players with the confidence, bravery, and personality to not always go for the telegraphed pass and instead knowing when to trust their more dangerous teammates by picking out players who appear marked. Its one of the reasons Rashford has a symbiotic relationship with Martial, who wants the ball to be played into him, even when there's nearby players around him. (Also one of the reasons why Bruno has a symbiotic relationship with Mata) I know its the Rashford performance thread, but I find it necessary to point out Mata's confidence to show for the ball in the situation. In my view, it was brilliant from Rashford, Mata, and Martial amongst others. In some quarters, not playing the safe pass to Williams would be frowned upon as playing it into a marked player may be perceived as an unnecessary risk. The likes of Guardiola encourage such passes, as do many of those coming through the system in Spain.

BlahRules

Was this the first game you watched since Ole took over?
Rashford carried us in the first half of the season when Martial wasnt in form.
Just wait. He had a back injury and hasnt played for a while - give him time

And sorry, this this a total knee-jerk reaction
Martial wasnt in form? Stop making shit up. When Martial was injured, we went shit. Rashford carried shit. When Martial returned we started to play well and when Rashford got injured, Martial still played well.

Raven

He's still only 22, show some patience. Saying that, I think it's his spot under threat if Sancho comes in, maybe not next year because Greenwood is still inexperienced but in the long term.

hubbuh

I ain't a scout. Just a football fan.
That’s not how it works nowadays. Every Tom, Dick and Harry is an expert apparently. A good portion of posters on here are tedious as feck.

It was a widely held point of view at the time that Rashford had excelled while Martial was still finding his groove. The fact that it was only a year ago speaks to how fast these things change.

KennyBurner

When rashford plays well like the crystal palace game there is never any comments regarding his injuries/back issues. However when he has a bad game we get that excuse. Can’t a player just be out of form? Not saying he might not be suffering from back problems but it shouldn’t be an excuse for him not consistently taking on his man.

Last game he was average but he also made good runs that Bruno failed to find. There was one opportunity where Bruno could have picked him out on the counter but instead went for the Hollywood pass to martial who was marked by 2 defenders?

Nick7

That’s not how it works nowadays. Every Tom, Dick and Harry is an expert apparently. A good portion of posters on here are tedious as feck.

It was a widely held point of view at the time that Rashford had excelled while Martial was still finding his groove. The fact that it was only a year ago speaks to how fast these things change.
I mean Rashfors has had a very good season. Good goal return, great in the build up since the return. I'm happy we have both and I'm very happy Martial proved me wrong.

KennyBurner

Rashford is not a better passer than martial. Martial passing game is what makes him more than a quality player.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

For all the shit James gets, Rashford's recent games (especially today) hasn't been too far away from James's performances since the restart.
Except the goals and assists, of course. Rashford hasn't been at his best since the restart but he's still miles better than mediocrity like Daniel James.

KennyBurner

Martial wasnt in form? Stop making shit up. When Martial was injured, we went shit. Rashford carried shit. When Martial returned we started to play well and when Rashford got injured, Martial still played well.
The story is rashford carried us solely because he was our top goal scorer but the reality is both him and martial carried us? Martial was never out of form. Don’t know what sort of revisionism that is.

tjposhea

I think Rashford has had a great season.

I am not sure if anyone else has noticed. But, what has stood out for me is his range and variety of passing. For a striker I think it is really impressive. His link up play is a joy to watch and he adds to fluidity, which is starting to become a conrerstone of our game. This is evidenced by the seven assists he has chipped in with this season.

Furthermore, the relationship he has built with Shaw is really promising. They have built a very good understanding and this has arguablly contributed to Shaw's best season to date.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018

You're disagreeing to disagree. A very confrontational way of telling him he's right. This reverse psychology thing is all the rage these days.

Kaizane

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Rash has struggled massively linking up with Brandon on the left simply because Brandon doesn't have it in his locker.

Zero understanding between them and on top of that Brandon doesnt' seem to do the right things in the final third, nor does it look like he has the ability to do so - excellent defender though, can't knock him there.

Rash needs Shaw back who can operate in those tight spaces and also plenty of rest it seems.

Robertd0803

Im worried the back injury is going to have a long term negative effect. Hes not really going to get very long to rest up and recover before next season either.

RedStarUnited

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Rash has struggled massively linking up with Brandon on the left simply because Brandon doesn't have it in his locker.

Zero understanding between them and on top of that Brandon doesnt' seem to do the right things in the final third, nor does it look like he has the ability to do so - excellent defender though, can't knock him there.

Rash needs Shaw back who can operate in those tight spaces and also plenty of rest it seems.
So Rashford can only work with Shaw?

Strelok

Yeah he's going to be mentally committing less and operating physically at a lower standard. He's got to build that trust up within himself. And again perhaps some 30 minute game changing appearances where he does push it 100% would be a better gauge of where he's at.

Just seen your location, Da Nang huh! I was there a little while back, enjoyed my time there..nice big beach, cool bridges, decent town although I didn't see too much of it. Wouldn't mind being there now!
Oh sorry for the late reply. Don't know why but I didn't get any notification.

And thanks for the nice words mate. Yeah it's pretty nice here. I live only like 3' walking from the beach so it's even nicer ;)

Feel free to ping me next time you come here, I've always wanted to have a beer with a caftard for once :wenger:

Bristol_Red_87

As frustrating as the majority of his performances since lockdown have been, its clear for all to see the injury has had some lasting damage, be that still physically impairing him or mentally, or both.

Its galling that we can't take him out of the firing line though...it shows how threadbare our squad is.

I was urging Ole to haul him off on Monday night to protect the lad...he looks absolutely smoked.

Kaizane

Playing better is one thing. Blaming the performances he is giving us now on Shaw not being around is something else.
If you don't think Rashford's dip in form is the least bit related to Williams' link up play, or lack of then I've got news for you...

It's not the entire reason, Rashford has looked off post-lockdown yes, but it'a been made more difficult for him because Williams doesn't create the same amount of space for him or make himself a viable option like Shaw does in the final third.

You can even see the frustration sometimes...but Brandon's young, still plenty of time for him to learn.

Withnail

What appears to be true a year ago may not be true today.

Dragging up old posts such as that which was based on what was happening at the time is weird.

Withnail

Good point which is why all these people claiming they know with 100% certainty Rashford or anyone else at a similar age or yoinger will never be world class are talking out of their holes.

Players develop at different rates. How was RVP doing when he was 22 for example?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Marcus is a big game player.

I think he steps up against Sevilla and bosses them.

Sevilla 2:1 Man Utd

Based Adnan

Bar the Palace game he has been dogshit since lockdown. Such a frustrating player to watch when he's not on it and the first 5 minutes usually tells you how the rest of his game is going to go. Terrible today.

Status
Not open for further replies.