View full 2019-20 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

He doesn’t look physically right but he wasn’t as bad as the match day thread was making out. He looks like he could do with a while off though.
That won't help his decision making that's the problem with Rashford his decision making is why he will never be world class.
Rashfords stats are padded by penalties this season before Bruno came.
Hopefully Rashford becomes a world class player but i don't see it happening he lacks to much of the basics.

RuudTom83

I always fee Rashford get rusty very quickly, so after a few weeks off I expected a 6/10 game from Marcus.

But he is quality and will be fine next game.

Skills

Snitch
I think one of the problems he's got is that Bruno takes up a lot of the space that Rashford was occupying earlier in the season. So he's struggling to find a new role in the team.

Red00012

Hasn’t been the same since the restart. A good break will do him some good.
He’s missed 3 months of the season .

The way some people go on about Needing A break or tiredness I’ve a feeling It will win is the CL next season

He'sRaldo

I think one of the problems he's got is that Bruno takes up a lot of the space that Rashford was occupying earlier in the season. So he's struggling to find a new role in the team.
Bingo. Not only his space, his role as well.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Poor. His place in the team is under serious threat if Sancho comes in.
Well it is, but also we should strive for it.

You would have a rotating front 4/5 like most top teams have.

Greenwood and Martial flying right now. Rashfords time will return.

It's called form!

Welbeckham

Terrible performance, but I say move on. I don’t fully agree that he’s been ”awful since restart”. While he hasn’t been one of our absolute top performers since restart, he played very well against Palace, Southampton and Villa for example. He’s never been consistently great, and at his age that’s just normal. There are other players in that squad that are equally bad on their bad days and other teams have them too. Not everyone is like Mason Greenwood, who’s mostly good to great and moderately invisible at his worst. Bruno is many years Marcus’s senior and even his decision making seems very poor at times.

Raven

Well it is, but also we should strive for it.

You would have a rotating front 4/5 like most top teams have.

Greenwood and Martial flying right now. Rashfords time will return.

It's called form!
Good point. My notion is that Rashfords technical ability is levels below Martial or Greenwood's.

Skills

Snitch
Anyone else think he's better on the rare occasion him, greenwood and martial rotate and Rashford ends up on the right?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
He’s missed 3 months of the season .

The way some people go on about Needing A break or tiredness I’ve a feeling It will win is the CL next season
The whole team had three months off. Don’t mean they can’t get tired.

OL29

As much as I wanted this lad to come good and become a really good player for Utd, I really don’t think he’s got it in him.
There’s no excuses. If he isn’t fully fit, or fully recovered from his injury, then he shouldn’t be playing.
I think the truth is that he’s a mediocre player, who’s flattered to deceive with his goals and some of his better moments.
Now he’s off form and showing no apparent motivation or desire, we can see his limitations.
One of Ole’s failings seems to be keeping faith with players who are not performing and should clearly be rested or dropped.
Rashford is a good example of that.
Drives me crazy how fickle football fans are, on what planet is Rashford mediocre?

Drives me crazy how fickle football fans are, on what planet is Rashford mediocre?
He is not mediocre but he is not as good as he is being made out to be his stats are padded with penalties this season.

E-mal

He's having a difficult time, I think he's not fully recovered.

Snap out of it Marcus.

MS4

Rashford is seriously out of his depth as a first team player for this club, and no, it’s not knee-jerk after this game, he just isn’t good enough, and never will be. I suspect he will always play like a youth player.

Fan-boys, do your worse, but we won’t be winning anything with him as a winger, or make shift ‘striker’.

I’d sell - we NEED a word class striker to get anywhere near where we were, Greenwood on the other hand will be a lethal player for us.

Cut our losses, send him in loan at the least, but he ain’t no first team player yet (Rashford)...
Was this the first game you watched since Ole took over?
Rashford carried us in the first half of the season when Martial wasnt in form.
Just wait. He had a back injury and hasnt played for a while - give him time

And sorry, this this a total knee-jerk reaction

Schmeichel=God

Rashford's end product as far as dribbling/shooting since the restart has been pretty much very poor. However he has been beaten in this race for no.9 and this role of his on the left is becoming more and more concrete as time goes by.

I think Ole is inadvertently pushing him to his limit with minutes because he's hoping for that moment where he does something brilliant that allows him to kick on and build momentum from. However with our doing things the hard way in recent weeks he's just being ran into the ground and probably becoming more and more fatigued physically and mentally.

I feel he needs a break and some cameos instead. But the reality is who else do we have that Ole continually trusts/hopes/expects something from in 90 minutes. He's trading multiple poor performances in the hope that the longer it goes on the greater likelihood a game changing performance arrives. But I don't think that's likely right now.

Rashford's passing technique since the restart though has been good. When not dribbling he protects the ball well and rarely loses possession. His ability to stand still, draw a defender, and then disguise a pass is good. Then by drawing the defender he also has the option of going outside suddenly. Though he needs to start doing this more and varying his approach. I think between him cutting inside to either shoot, or feed Martial, that Rashford will go on to find his form and once again be praised.

He can pass between lines, a lot of his passes a forward, and as we've seen his finishing when one on one leaves something to be desired. Although this is down to confidence, I'm wondering if what we have here is our own Walcott issue...wants to be a striker, but actually...is probably, once and for all, looking better off as a L (and maybe R) wing forward.

Clearly still carrying some sort of injury. He’s not trusting his back and he isn’t dribbling past players as much as he was pre-injury. I remember reading that his sort of fracture can take up to a year for it to heal properly.

The calls for him to be sold are ridiculous after 22 goals and 8 assists this season. Better numbers than the majority of the league. :lol:

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Hmm, interesting. I'd never thought about it that way but you might be on to something. It's obviously not the only reason but I wonder if it's a contributing factor.

Redlyn

The fact that we don't have a player that can reasonably challenge his starting spot is one of the issues we have as a team. A player like Sancho arriving will really help with that. He has been poor, and I agree with the fact that bruno has taken a bit of his role but he should still be able to produce more regularly. His end product since Bruno arrived...ie since the restart due to injury, is 3 goals 3 assists in 12 matches. It could be worse but we expect more from him.

Tiber

Poor. Again.

He had taken his game to a new level earlier in the season. I hope he can take a few weeks off and regain his previous form, because the difference is huge.

Last edited:

peridigm

He's having a difficult time, I think he's not fully recovered.

Snap out of it Marcus.
Think the same. He looks to be less aggressive than he was pre back injury. If he indeed is not fully recovered, shame on the staff for letting him continue to play. Although it is possible scans show no obvious sign of injury but he may still feel something, hence the lack of form. This is all my speculation of course.

UnitedChampionsAgain

He must look at Martials' dribbling and think "what wizardry is this?" (while rash boots yet another chance out of play). Time to wake up son.

M16Red

Rashford is seriously out of his depth as a first team player for this club, and no, it’s not knee-jerk after this game, he just isn’t good enough, and never will be. I suspect he will always play like a youth player.

Fan-boys, do your worse, but we won’t be winning anything with him as a winger, or make shift ‘striker’.

I’d sell - we NEED a word class striker to get anywhere near where we were, Greenwood on the other hand will be a lethal player for us.

Cut our losses, send him in loan at the least, but he ain’t no first team player yet (Rashford)...
The state of this.

MyDevil

Should have been subbed off instead of Greenwood. Out of form and looks tired.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
What's up with these newbies and their OTT take on Rashford? He's been more poor than good since the restart but a lot of that is down to the fact that he needs a bigger break to recover, I also agree that Bruno's arrival has taken some of the spaces he's used to away. I suspect he feels his back during the games, and it makes him look lazy because he doesn't follow through on runs, at least lately, like he normally would.

Hopefully this lights a fire under him, let's not forget he's not far off Martial in output not just with goals (a lot of penalties, sure) but also in creating chances and assists. Martial is the PoY for me at the club, but Rashford is still top 3 even with his poor games lately. He will come back from this better, and if Sancho does come then he would be a big boost off the bench if it came to that. It'd be good if he could develop his game on the right wing because he has a good cross on him when he wants and he'd add more depth there so you can have three good players that can play on both wings.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

"It's not knee-jerk after this game" yes, yes it is. I've seen some really, really bad takes on this forum but this is up there with the worst of them. Send our 22 goal 8 assist winger, who's also our second highest scorer (only 1 less than our highest), out on loan because he isn't a first team player yet :lol:

CG1010

Since coming back, in 90 mins, he has alternated between rubbish and sublime. Yesterday, he was just rubbish.

Frank Grimes

Has too many stinkers for my liking. He is obviously talented but I dont think he is nearly as talented as a lot of our fans seem to think. He will never be World class, that I can safely say.
Hopefully he can improve and get some consistency in his game because at the moment he is lucky that we have nobody on the bench to replace him.

Ceteris

I think something happened to him during or after the Palace game, since then he's not running or dribbling as much and pulls out of tackles.

The problem is we all know the options to replace him are piss poor so Ole is allowing him to play through it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Player loses form and confidence after a 6 month injury lay off after getting a stress fracture in his spine. Shock horror.

The fecking state of some of the fans here. Embarrassing.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He looks jaded in this last third of the season but given the quality 2/3rds he had, we should give him time to build up confidence to hit form next in time for next season. Seems to be confidence thing. In a way I'm happy he's not aimlessly dribbling into opponents trying to be Ronaldo as Rashford had a tendancy to over indulge. But of course there has to be a balance.

edcunited1878

He was pretty much pants today, but there were some good moments. He needs to find more consistency and have more impact throughout a game compared to Martial. Greenwood is able to pick his spots because he's the most lethal finisher in the team, but can't have both Rashford and Greenwood float in and out of the game if both are waiting for goal scoring opportunities. And we'd all rather see Greenwood get those chances, for the most part, until Rashford can regain his goalscoring form.

He has to learn how to impact the game and be more clinical with his passes and linkup play in the final third without Shaw. The closer he is to Martial, the better they seem to be, as Martial is literally making everyone around him that much better.

I can understand that Copenhagen was packing the middle today and played with many players behind the ball, but that doesn't excuse Marcus from getting on the ball and playing more decisive or attempting to run at players.

For all the shit James gets, Rashford's recent games (especially today) hasn't been too far away from James's performances since the restart.

RikRuud

When Shaw plays he plays more of a wide forward position. At the moment he's playing like an out and out LW. Needs more help down the left as Brandon isn't quite there yet.

DarkChild™

I don't remember Rashford playing as a 10 before Bruno came. Bruno rarely goes to the left wing to occupy the spaces that a left forward is supposed to take. He was just poor this game. Just need to improve on his decision making and he will be back on form. Also, he is not having back issues. No need to look for excuses. A player can be out of form.

Reactions: Sultan

Strelok

Rashford's end product as far as dribbling/shooting since the restart has been pretty much very poor. However he has been beaten in this race for no.9 and this role of his on the left is becoming more and more concrete as time goes by.

I think Ole is inadvertently pushing him to his limit with minutes because he's hoping for that moment where he does something brilliant that allows him to kick on and build momentum from. However with our doing things the hard way in recent weeks he's just being ran into the ground and probably becoming more and more fatigued physically and mentally.

I feel he needs a break and some cameos instead. But the reality is who else do we have that Ole continually trusts/hopes/expects something from in 90 minutes. He's trading multiple poor performances in the hope that the longer it goes on the greater likelihood a game changing performance arrives. But I don't think that's likely right now.

Rashford's passing technique since the restart though has been good. When not dribbling he protects the ball well and rarely loses possession. His ability to stand still, draw a defender, and then disguise a pass is good. Then by drawing the defender he also has the option of going outside suddenly. Though he needs to start doing this more and varying his approach. I think between him cutting inside to either shoot, or feed Martial, that Rashford will go on to find his form and once again be praised.

He can pass between lines, a lot of his passes a forward, and as we've seen his finishing when one on one leaves something to be desired. Although this is down to confidence, I'm wondering if what we have here is our own Walcott issue...wants to be a striker, but actually...is probably, once and for all, looking better off as a L (and maybe R) wing forward.
Was thinking the same. Some in another thread posted an article quoted RVP how dangerous the back injury would be. Imo he definitely need a rest. He doesn't look alright at all, he checked his legs after any sprint or challenge. He couldn't control a long pass properly while running like he usually does. His reach is no where as good as it used to be. Try to think about the Rashford against Spurs and you'd see. Keep playing him in this condition will do him no good rather than harm I think.

saivet

Hasn’t been the same since the restart. A good break will do him some good.
A good break isn't coming for a long time. If we make the final, the players will only have a few weeks off before our first PL game.

Next summer is the Euros.

I believe the summer break in 2022 will be shorter, as the Word Cup needs to be squeezed in, in December.

Strelok

A good break isn't coming for a long time. If we make the final, the players will only have a few weeks off before our first PL game.

Next summer is the Euros.

I believe the summer break in 2022 will be shorter, as the Word Cup needs to be squeezed in, in December.
We definitely should sign Sancho I think. That way Rashford can be managed better. James can play there but he's no good except when we play counter.

He's only 22 yo and we should take more priority in completely treating his injures. Many young players were ruined forcing to play through injures.

Status
Not open for further replies.