4.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oranges038

At this stage. I'd give him the 6 months to sort himself out, if he hasn't pulled it together by the first half of next season and coming into the World Cup, I'd be giving him the boot in January.

united for life

A simple pass to the other end of the penalty box would have taken out half of athleticos team but then again rashford thought he could dribble past half the team.

Im surprised ronaldo hasn't physically gotten hold of them in the dressing room, imagine rashford doing these antics with keane and saf looking on!
good old days…

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
He should be on the bench again until he's had a few cameos where it looks like he's bothered. Then I hope he gets his head right in the summer and comes back from the break with the needed mentality.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
He should be on the bench again until he's had a few cameos where it looks like he's bothered. Then I hope he gets his head right in the summer and comes back from the break with the needed mentality.
No, he should be sold in the summer. Get the money before his value hits rock bottom.

VivaRonaldo85

He will be dropped now. Ralph as good as insinuated his disappointment in some players tonight and we know he was pointing at Rashford.

Elephant in the room but is the MBE a distraction or possible psychological reasoning for his football regression? Could there be something in his head saying “you’ve already done it all Marcus, you’re a feckin MBE man!” Scratching around for anything now.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
We need to clear out loads of shit in the summer and Rashford is certainly in that group. He should want to go too, his career is going down the shitter at United. I genuinely don’t know who’d take him though.

If he wasn’t a local lad, he’d be nowhere near our team. Consistently bad with purple patches throughout his career, but those patches have dried up. He looks finished.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
If his form continues like this, will it be wise to consider selling him in the summer? He looks lost and his in game intelligence is non existent. There is something seriously wrong with him.

fallengt

Some how he managed to hit a new low. Terrible, terrible performance .
No fecking idea what's going with him but atm he's barely a footballer.

-Supreme-

No, he should be sold in the summer. Get the money before his value hits rock bottom.
If we keep him beyond this summer then I won’t be surprised if he follows Lingards path with his contract finishes in 2024.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
If we keep him beyond this summer then I won’t be surprised if he follows Lingards path with his contract finishes in 2024.
Knowing us we'll double his wages and extend his contract till 2030. We are doomed.

SAF is the GOAT

He should be ashamed of himself. an 18yo boy came on instead of him on the pitch and made a difference.

If that's not hurting his ego I don't know what will

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
He will be dropped now. Ralph as good as insinuated his disappointment in some players tonight and we know he was pointing at Rashford.

Elephant in the room but is the MBE a distraction or possible psychological reasoning for his football regression? Could there be something in his head saying “you’ve already done it all Marcus, you’re a feckin MBE man!” Scratching around for anything now.
He should have a look at o'sheas medal cabinet then.

stw2022

He plays like someone who has had it hammered into him that his progression through the ranks and his local connection meant that he was the beating heart and soul of the football club and it all went to his head.

Maybe. But who takes him on the back of this season if this continues?
Think there'd be a lot of interested parties, and we'd still get a very, very good price. He's easily the biggest advertising draw in the UK right now; in any arena, not just sport. Every brand wants to work with him. He just inked a deal with Natwest worth £3m last month. He has two books and two massive advertising campaigns coming in the next 5 months with Macmillan Publishing. He has deals with Burberry, Aldi, Nike, Full Time Meals etc.

We as a club shouldn't be the only group involved that don't make bank from his brand. On commercial value alone there'll be plenty of clubs interested and big fees involved.

He's also better than his current level. He's not going to stay this bad. I do think it's the right time to sell though.

Zoo

Jarrod Bowen is going to replace him for England and Elanga is all set to do it at United. He needs to wake the feck up and get out of this rut.

Longshanks

Poor tonight again, looks like his confidence is at a real low. Second guessing himself doing neither one thing or another and making really poor decisions, when he dribbled into a crowd of players or took that silly shot on.

Think if he is to play the he should play on the right, stick to the right and be told to take his marker on at any opportunity and make runs in behind, keep it simple and hopefully he will find his confidence again.

redshaw

Was he trying to give a football to some poor kids hanging out on the Wanda car park with that shot?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Worst game I've ever seen from him. I agree he'll be replaced in the national squad and he should be a fair bit down in the pecking order here. Elanga for the flank, then Lingard, then Rashford.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Many people were conned.

Rashford's all-round game was always this awful, and some of us spotted it.

The difference was, in the past, he would nick a goal every couple of games or a decent assist from one good moment. Stat-padding with penalties or goals against weak opponents.

That, coupled with the "local lad come good" narrative, our desperation for some hope at times and favourable treatment from pundits conned people into thinking he is something he never was

In another World, with another trajectory, he could easily, easily be upper level Championship, lower level Premier League.
When you know you know.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
He's so overrated.

If he wasn't a "local lad" he wouldn't get half the support he gets

Instead of developing he seems to have stagnated.

Will he ever be a truly world class player??

lilcurt

Fantastic United brand ambassador.
Terrible United first team player.

We know which the club care about more...

lilcurt

Poor tonight again, looks like his confidence is at a real low. Second guessing himself doing neither one thing or another and making really poor decisions, when he dribbled into a crowd of players or took that silly shot on.

Think if he is to play the he should play on the right, stick to the right and be told to take his marker on at any opportunity and make runs in behind, keep it simple and hopefully he will find his confidence again.
He gets every single decision wrong. Running into three opposition players, taking the difficult pass over the easy one, aimless crosses with know direction and shooting from 35 years to row Z.

I think it is less lack of confidence, and more over confidence in his ability to pull things off and lack of full focus on his game for the last 18-months. Brand is a bigger priority to him and his management over being a top football player.

Orange Tree

Thought arrival of Sancho will get him to be more enthused and play better. Seems not to be the case.

SAF is the GOAT

I'm sick and tired of Rashford's form in the past 2 years.
He always got praise and never criticized just because he's English.
If he was a different nationality(hmmm french maybe ?) - we would all see the agenda resurface
Correct me if I'm wrong but has Rio, Scholes or Keane ever criticized him ?

bucky

His decision-making was never good to begin with, but it's getting worse. That one shot he took, made no sense at all. Makes me sad seeing him like this.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Last two years it's been that he is playing injured. Now he's had rest and surgery what's the excuse?

He's lost his pace and he now no longer runs in behind. Either he is still in pain and he can no longer actually play football at a high level or he can no longer be bothered.

Nothing, outside of a stress fracture in his spine, can excuse that performance. Utterly devoid of technique, vision, ability or mindset. No longer doing the basics, jogging, turning over the ball with ease, no physicality.

It's time to bench him and think about running down his contract.
What seems to be missed or collectively forgotten about in this thread is he was played, and played, and played whilst injured with crocked back (before the shoulder) when he shouldn't have been, and from that point on, he has essentially been ruined.

I try not to be harsh with him because of that - he was broken by bad management, but what cannot be 'forgiven' with him is the dire team-play and inability to develop the understanding of why it's beneficial for him to pass instead of shooting from miles out. I have my own theories on what's happened to him physically, but mentally, to not develop at all, that's more troublesome than anything else, that and his indifference to working back and off the ball.

What's going on with him really is anyone's guess, but it's abnormal to see someone so young switch off like he has. I hope we don't have a Deisler or Johnson on our hands in that regard, because it'd be a real shame if something deeper is going on. I don't buy the attitude thing, at all.

ti vu

What seems to be missed or collectively forgotten about in this thread is he was played, and played, and played whilst injured with crocked back (before the shoulder) when he shouldn't have been, and from that point on, he has essentially been ruined.

I try not to be harsh with him because of that - he was broken by bad management, but what cannot be 'forgiven' with him is the dire team-play and inability to develop the understanding of why it's beneficial for him to pass instead of shooting from miles out. I have my own theories on what's happened to him physically, but mentally, to not develop at all, that's more troublesome than anything else, that and his indifference to working back and off the ball.

What's going on with him really is anyone's guess, but it's abnormal to see someone so young switch off like he has. I hope we don't have a Deisler or Johnson on our hands in that regard, because it'd be a real shame if something deeper is going on. I don't buy the attitude thing, at all.
There is no but between those two parts for me.

For too long, even under Mourinho; this team relies on individual brilliance on attack. Under Ole with express yourself approach, shoot first instinct has done number on the better of our young forwards. They don't know to play support role when needed, and all go for glory themselves. They lost crucial development time where it should have been focused on tactical understanding of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.