Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
So one of the all time great PL players who thrived off the left channel. Great. So that means Marcus has to compensate for his lack of heading ability even more.

Marcus doesn't have the technical ability or awareness to be a striker/CF. He needs to embrace his role and be an impact player off the bench, like Ole was. Ole played striker, left/right forward, and sometimes a winger. But he was clinical.
That's a very expensive back up player, but I tend to agree in the long-view of where the club needs to be. Players of Rashford's impact, when United was at its best, could only hope to be back up at best.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
So one of the all time great PL players who thrived off the left channel. Great. So that means Marcus has to compensate for his lack of heading ability even more.

Marcus doesn't have the technical ability or awareness to be a striker/CF. He needs to embrace his role and be an impact player off the bench, like Ole was. Ole played striker, left/right forward, and sometimes a winger. But he was clinical.
I made a statement that he‘s a striker not a winger but you disagree because he can’t head the ball. So, you think a player who can’t dribble, can’t cross, and can’t pass should be a winger then? I don’t get it why would you want that?

Clearly if a player only knows how to shoot and running behind defenders with his pace then he should be spend more time to play as a striker.

edcunited1878

That's a very expensive back up player, but I tend to agree in the long-view of where the club needs to be. Players of Rashford's impact, when United was at its best, could only hope to be back up at best.
Agree he's too expensive and he's gotten big headed/entitled so quickly. But the club put that on him and he was cool with it. Something just changed and he's not remembering what made him successful and that was training/playing with joy.

Hopefully Rangnick has a detailed, but digestible and firm opinion on every player in the first team for the next manager and football operations to make (hard) decisions against.

Marcus's agent should be free to speak with other clubs, knowing they need to meet a certain transfer value, all while communicating his role going forward (it's not clear starting XI) and offering him less money if he were to extend his current contract even a year. I am extremely interested in his future, knowing that his place in the England squad is in jeopardy and he's not getting the assurances at United he once had because there's more competition for his place and he's been at his worst for a full season now.

edcunited1878

So just because he can’t head the ball well, you would rather a player who can’t dribble, can’t cross, and can’t pass to play on the wing then? I don’t get it why would you want that?

Clearly if a player only knows how to shoot and running behind defenders with his pace then he should be spend more time to play as a striker.
Well even Rangnick and staff didn't play him as striker until they saw enough with what they started. Just shows how little Marcus is currently able to give to the team when Bruno needs to start as a false 9 flanked by Sancho and Elanga who have to battle with wingbacks, with Pogba playing a floating 8/10 with Bruno.

More and more teams need players who can contribute to both the build up, service, and get on the end of balls to score. Marcus can only do one of those 3. And that's just going forward. He's one of the worst two-way players at the club, probably next to Ronaldo amongst the forwards.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I swear to god people like you are a total and utter joke. Criticism of his performances is one thing and is perfectly fine but to even bring up that other BS just shows you for what you are mate. Some people are just decent people and like to help those less fortunate than themselves.

Tories everywhere on this thread.
I am decidedly not on the Tory side of the aisle & I agree fully with what the poster said.

Your repeated insistance that everyone who criticizes Rashford for his off-field endeavors harming his on-field is a Tory is laughable.

estel_manutd

Gary Neville's comments blaming Rangnick for Rashford's non-selection over the weekend makes me think Rashford will soon be appearing on the Overlap. I remember after the City game, Neville was very critical of Rashford and this sudden change in tune can only mean 'Rashy" has decided to scratch Neville's back in the hope Neville will scratch his - and it seems to have worked.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Well even Rangnick and staff didn't play him as striker until they saw enough with what they started. Just shows how little Marcus is currently able to give to the team when Bruno needs to start as a false 9 flanked by Sancho and Elanga who have to battle with wingbacks, with Pogba playing a floating 8/10 with Bruno.

More and more teams need players who can contribute to both the build up, service, and get on the end of balls to score. Marcus can only do one of those 3. And that's just going forward. He's one of the worst two-way players at the club, probably next to Ronaldo amongst the forwards.
Not true because Rangnick played him as a striker in that 4222 formation. Rangnick brought him on vs Brentford as a striker and he scored. Rangnick brought him on vs West Ham by going all out attack throwing Cavani, Ronaldo, Martial, and Rashford, and Rashford scored a tap in in that game like a striker usually does. Why would a player who only knows how to run behind defenders with pace, shoot, and score tap in but can’t dribble, can’t pass, can’t cross should play a winger but not a striker?

edcunited1878

Not true because Rangnick played him as a striker in that 4222 formation. Rangnick brought him on vs Brentford as a striker and he scored. Rangnick brought him on vs West Ham by going all out attack throwing Cavani, Ronaldo, Martial, and Rashford, and Rashford scored a tap in in that game like a striker usually does. Why would a player who only knows how to run behind defenders with pace, shoot, and score tap in but can’t dribble, can’t pass, can’t cross should play a winger but not a striker?
Because he's not good enough to play as a traditional striker/CF. His best position is as a left forward or playing off a primary CF.

Part of being a forward player in the modern game is being able to bring others into the attack, pressing/defending, and finishing a variety of chances.

And Marcus has only played a 90 in the league twice this year. So it goes back to Marcus being able to make a difference off the bench as an attacking player who supplements a focal point(s).

Either way, Marcus isn't good enough to be the primary CF/striker. Compare him to all the forwards and center forwards. He's severely lacking.

Irwin99

Never looked 100% since that back injury. I remember Fergie saying something to the effect that United would never have treated Michael Owen the way Liverpool did and would have looked after him better when injuries were creeping into his game. I don't think Rashford was ever in Owen's class but similarly I don't think he should have been playing as much. That Wolves game where he did his back in still seems crazy to me.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

If we dump Rangnick for an underperforming player then this club is finished. This PR is basically what everything that is wrong at United at the moment.

I dont think Rashford is worth the hassle. He isnt world beater even at his best. It would be better for both party if he moves on

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Because he's not good enough to play as a traditional striker/CF. His best position is as a left forward or playing off a primary CF.

Part of being a forward player in the modern game is being able to bring others into the attack, pressing/defending, and finishing a variety of chances.

And Marcus has only played a 90 in the league twice this year. So it goes back to Marcus being able to make a difference off the bench as an attacking player who supplements a focal point(s).

Either way, Marcus isn't good enough to be the primary CF/striker. Compare him to all the forwards and center forwards. He's severely lacking.
If Rashford is not good enough as striker then he's not better as winger or wide player either because he has more traits to be a striker than to be a winger/wide player. You have to wonder why Ronaldo gets frustrated so much when what he gets from the wing is someone like Rashford who can't cross and can't pass the ball to him or sometime ignore him but chose to shoot instead.

clarkydaz

If we dump Rangnick for an underperforming player then this club is finished. This PR is basically what everything that is wrong at United at the moment.

I dont think Rashford is worth the hassle. He isnt world beater even at his best. It would be better for both party if he moves on
This guy and his PR team are relentless. More draining than watching the team

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

Wow, I've been a big fan and a supporter but if this is true he can feck right off, along with the other work shy poseurs who think being at United means you've made it and have nothing to prove.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Please Newcastle I beg you just bid anything and you can enjoy this waster and his PR team.

Kaos

Ta ra then Marcus. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Who am I kidding, this spineless board will throw Rangnick out to placate this absolute waster, while giving him a new contract. Meanwhile Poch will shoehorn him every game before he inevitably gets the boot in 2 years.

Yes I'm getting angry at imaginary scenarios I've created in my head :lol: :(

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Well Rangnick is a shite manager so if they're just saying he doesn't want to be managed by Rangnick it doesn't seem a massive problem to me. If Rangnick were still the manager next season I'd fly to Tampa myself to set fire to Joel Glazer's remaining hair wisps.

On the other hand if a guy who can't get in the team wants to dictate what happens at board level or with support staff then they'd have to feck off wouldn't they?

Manncunian

Please Newcastle I beg you just bid anything and you can enjoy this waster and his PR team.
Amen to this. Can’t stand the guy and his over inflated ego. Putting out this rubbish is unforgivable and the guy thinks himself way above his station. Anyone would think he’s a world beater, he clearly does. And even if he was, this kind of attitude is despicable.

Mourinho stated Pogba was a virus. Well I think we’ve found ourselves the real deal of a virus in Rashford.

gorky_utd

I think Zaha is a better player compared to him. Should be sold but will probably get a new contract.

Foxbatt

A man who cannot head, who cannot challenge the ball in the air, who cannot hold the ball, is to be a CF? Madness. This place has gone bonkers.

Wheato

This guy and his PR team are relentless. More draining than watching the team
Let's have it right, Rashford's decline started the season before last. He only just scraped it onto England's bench for the Euro's. If you recall him coming out after losing the Europa cup final, and he said he would be coming back better and stronger next season. Then we were told that he just needed an operation to sort himself out. Well he had the operation, he came back and couldn't string two passes together, didn't even attempt to run at people or take them on. He eventually went down the pecking order due to his own performances. He was given opportunities in big games this season to show what he can do. To take the game by the scruff of the neck, like we see Foden doing for City when they bring him on as a sub. Rashford has come on and given such half arsed performances, not running or closing people down, losing the ball immediately and not busting a gut to win it back. He is playing like moody teenager who has been dragged to a party for his grandparents, and he doesn't want to be there so he's just sulking in the corner. If the PRashford narrative is that Rangnick is the problem, then what happened last season? How come Ole got sacked? Why is he playing like a zombie who has never seen a football. This is on Rashford, and nobody else. In football, the only thing that matters is what you do on the pitch. Everything else is background noise.

Last edited:

edcunited1878

A man who cannot head, who cannot challenge the ball in the air, who cannot hold the ball, is to be a CF? Madness. This place has gone bonkers.
I think what they are saying is that he's more functional (although not to a good level) as a CF because he's useless as a wide player because current wide players need a good balance of service and goal scoring ability. Marcus really only has one of those traits in scoring goals and his assists and delivery has always been hit or miss, but he's more score first than assist second.

So if Marcus isn't as well-rounded of a player compared to his teammates, considering how much he is making on his wages, Marcus needs to be moved on or embrace a coming off the bench role at lower wages...he's not fit to wear the 10 shirt of Manchester United.

edcunited1878

Let's have it right, Rashford's decline started the season before last. He only just scraped it onto England's bench for the Euro's. If you recall him coming out after losing the Europa cup final, and he said he would be coming back better and stronger next season. Then we were told that he just needed an operation to sort himself out. Well he had the operation, he came back and couldn't string two passes together, didn't even attempt to run at people or take them on. He eventually went down the pecking order due to his own performances. He was given opportunities in big games this season to show what he can do. To take the game by the scruff of the neck, like we see Foden doing for City when they bring him on as a sub. Rashford has come on and given such half arsed performances, not running or closing people down, losing the ball immediately and not busting a gut to win it back. He is playing like moody teenager who has been dragged to a party for his grandparents, and he doesn't want to be there so he's just sulking in corner. If the PR narrative is that Rangnick is the problem, then what happened last season? How come Ole got sacked? Why are you playing like a zombie who has never seen a football. This is on Rashford, and nobody else. In football, the only thing that matters is what you do on the pitch. Everything else is background noise.
"Rangnick was asked whether, as his recent lack of minutes is due to his poor form, it should be incumbent on the 24-year-old to show the manager what he can do. “I don’t think that he’s not had enough game time,” said the 63-year-old. “He’s had 13-14 games since I’ve been here now, he played more games from the start than he didn’t play from the start.

I don’t think this is an issue and he never said anything about that since we spoke yesterday [Thursday]. But the [transfer] window is closed now. Even suppose he and his agents or his family at one stage of the summer think about maybe going to another club, well then he can do that but in the summer. Now the window is closed. It’s got nothing to do with tomorrow’s game [v Tottenham] or the game on Tuesday [Atletico Madrid].

“I spoke with him yesterday and the day before so I don’t know anything about him being unhappy. He didn’t say anything to me, he said to me that he is still happy and that he wants to perform on a high level for the club. There was no mention of him not being happy here.”

He's saying something to Ralf, then contradicting things are coming out in the media. To that, Marcus has refuted selected news/headlines via his social channels. Interesting that he's not putting out fires of him potentially leaving or trying to leave.

hobbers

It’s honestly bizarre that people have a problem with Rashford raising money for charity. Like what on earth could your thought process even be, seriously give it a rest.
It's not just charity. Most of his work around his brand, book projects etc are for his own brand value, his own ego and his own bank balance.

Wheato

It's not just charity. Most of his work around his brand, book projects etc are for his own brand value, his own ego and his own bank balance.
The title of this thread is clear enough that this discussion is about his performances on the pitch. Let's stick to what we know, instead of gossiping about what we don't.

Idxomer

It's like we're back in 2019 again when the manager who indulged him the most tried him as a striker and discovered quickly he can't play there.

Foxbatt

It's like we're back in 2019 again when the manager who indulged him the most tried him as a striker and discovered quickly he can't play there.
He has been tried at CF, left wing and right wing and even as a second striker. He cannot play. Only game he can play is the ball over the top. He has lost his pace after injury and now his appetite for the game too as we can see that he not arsed about every trying. The man is already a legend in football in his own mind and some of his supporters.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
While being aware of my own contributions on the matter, I do think his charity work stuff should be somewhat left alone. The idea he is some kind of psychopath who has literally no interest in the causes he's involved in other than from a self serving PR and marketing perspective is ridiculous. If you watch interviews with him he is pretty genuine. I considered it relevant before because I think it's fair to say associated marketing interests around him have definitely used it as a springboard to increase profits and brand profile. The problem with that is Utd run as a brand first and a football club second, so when it comes to contract negotiations, being a 'marketable' brand becomes a point of leverage in talks, which from a fan's perspective is bad news because we just want good players. Tbf I said he had a messiah complex after seeing the inevitable media shenanigans around his contract.

The truth is we don't know why he doesn't run after balls and seemingly lacks enthusiasm and it's not really fair to speculate. I can't imagine the raising of his public profile is much of a help to him as a football player at the moment. At the end of the day it's the club that gives out these ridiculous contracts and it's them to blame for elevating players to superstardom before they have truly earned it or are ready. I had high hopes for Rashford but the whole thing is just a circus now and his contract is ludicrous, i mean he earns about the same as Salah ffs, it really ain't right.

Everton 1:0 Man Utd

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Absolute chocolate ashtray of a player. Not that he was alone in that today, but he still somehow managed to stand out while he was on the pitch.

acnumber9

Absolute chocolate ashtray of a player. Not that he was alone in that today, but he still somehow managed to stand out while he was on the pitch.
He stood out as the only threat we had. Still not good enough but there’s no way he was what you’re insinuating.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Was better on the left than the right. Felt he was our only potential attacker as crap as he was.

AngliaRed

At this stage he doesn’t even look like a footballer.

Not only does he need pre season, he needs a new club.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Was unlucky to be subbed off today. He still wasn't great (or even good really), but that was the best he's looked in months and he was easily the best of our front three. Although Sancho did kick into gear a bit in the last 10 minutes of the match.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
He stood out as the only threat we had. Still not good enough but there’s no way he was what you’re insinuating.
The only thing he did was the header, and the cross for that was so good it would have banked on target off a traffic cone.

Everything else was the usual running into defenders, turning into opposition players where there's space the other way, and standing offside while he's got the whole line to look down and all the time in the world to time a run.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Much better today in truth. Still nowhere near being one of the top players in the league and that's the problem. One 7/10 performance in months is just not good enough for this club.

acnumber9

The only thing he did was the header, and the cross for that was so good it would have banked on target off a traffic cone.

Everything else was the usual running into defenders, turning into opposition players where there's space the other way, and standing offside while he's got the whole line to look down and all the time in the world to time a run.
And the earlier shot that Pickford made a good save for. Still not good enough but better than anything any other attacker mustered.

L1nk

The problem is if his only good moments come on the left, where Sancho has only really had his best moments for us this season, what do you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.