4.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corridor of Uncertainty

I'd go out on a limb and say he probably has the lowest footballing IQ in the squad.

How can he get himself in an offside position for Sanchos goal?

Wonderful what he's doing off the field, but on it he's utterly brain-dead.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
this. his effort levels and work rate have been poor for more than a year
Because Ole tried to make winger playmaker of him. Under Jose and LVG he was direct and played simple. He was using his best skills; speed, technique and work rate.
Now he is involved only when he gets the ball in his feet and then he goes solo

Idxomer

Another player who was indulged by the previous manager too much and for too long.

criticalanalysis

It was impressive how he managed to stay in offside ALL the time during that goal. He was not in and out, he was in offside from start to finish.
Also, when Fred made that shot/cross; i bet that Cavani or Ronaldo would attack that post.

He is a player with so much potential and it hurts me how he stagnated last few years tactically wise.
This :(

Having said that, he's probably our only player with geniuine pace and ability to stretch teams, which is a underrated aspect. Even as bad as he was today, he was our outlet ball to push up the field and he had a couple of decent runs.

I hope under Ralf, he will find his place in the team and play with more purpose. It does seem he's under a mental slump.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I think if we’d Sancho for the second half of last season instead of Rashford we probably would have won the EL and FA cup and kept up a better challenge in the league.. Rashford was used so poorly last season. Undroppable and regularly putting in performances where he was pretty much our worst player. It’s understandable it could take him a few months to hit form again but Jesus man at least work hard in the meantime.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He wasn't offside until right at the end... Look at the lines on the pitch, he's always (just) in line with the ball.

It's tighter then it needs to be, and he looks offside cos of the angle /being ahead of Sancho, but if you pause it when he passes each line on the turf you can see he's onside

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Jesus Christ.....the anti Rashford mob are out in force again. Poor game today but I didn't think any of the forwards did anything. Sancho scored a goal from a mistake and didn't notice him other than that. Ronaldo barely involved and Bruno was shocking too. Wasn't a good game to judge any of our forwards really.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
He's consistently one of the laziest players on the pitch. Are we still overplaying him? Does his back still hurt?

Corridor of Uncertainty

Jesus Christ.....the anti Rashford mob are out in force again. Poor game today but I didn't think any of the forwards did anything. Sancho scored a goal from a mistake and didn't notice him other than that. Ronaldo barely involved and Bruno was shocking too. Wasn't a good game to judge any of our forwards really.
It's not just about today though, is it?

It's about the complete lack of work rate and effort that he shows on the pitch, nevermind his amateur footballing IQ.

JFK received more protection from Clint Hill than Telles received from Rashford today. He left him hung out to dry throughout the match, having to cope with 2 on 1 situations constantly.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Mature and considerate off the pitch.

Stupid, lazy, childish and immature on the pitch. That tackle being the prime example. Possible red and feck the team for what? Because he was in a huff for playing shit.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
It's not just about today though, is it?

It's about the complete lack of work rate and effort that he shows on the pitch, nevermind his amateur footballing IQ.

JFK received more protection from Clint Hill than Telles received from Rashford today. He left him hung out to dry throughout the match, having to cope with 2 on 1 situations constantly.
Hopefully that will be addressed by a proper coach. Feels like Ole and Carrick haven't pulled up anyone for anything for 3 years.

Rashford is a good player. Not worried about him at all. Came back and scored 3 goals in 4 games didn't he before the team fell apart?

Andersons Dietician

I think he started off brightly and the press was working, but 15minutes in it was like he and Bruno lost interest and started doing their own thing instead of pressing as a unit. Then he just kinda stopped tracking runners, just let them go or made a half arsed attempt to get back.

Why he was asking Sancho for the ball whilst he was offside pretty much the whole time who knows.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Saw the replay. Not sure how much he was at fault for being offside. He visibly slowed down multiple times, but Sancho (who is anyway slower) slowed down even more. Not being offside was something he considered, otherwise he wouldn't have slowed down at all.
Also, for all the complaints about work rate, he pressed a bit - specifically for the goal too.

Had very few bright moments on the ball but meh otherwise. 4 or 5/10 in a universally poor front 3 with zero service. Not the apocalypse.

Corridor of Uncertainty

Hopefully that will be addressed by a proper coach. Feels like Ole and Carrick haven't pulled up anyone for anything for 3 years.

Rashford is a good player. Not worried about him at all. Came back and scored 3 goals in 4 games didn't he before the team fell apart?
So it's up to the manager and coaches to ensure that he's working hard?

He's on £200,000 a week, how about a little bit of self-responsibility and pride in his own performances to make sure that at the very least, he's working hard. Everyone has off games, but the bare minimum is working hard and helping out your teammates, and he hasn't done it for awhile - injuries or not.

KennyBurner

He's lazier than Martial.
I used to pray for times like this to rhyme like this.

He Just runs aggressively during counters so many on here thinks he works hard. It’s like thinking Ronaldo works hard because he is always at the end of crosses.

Banana Republic

There’s no potential here.
On his day, given the breaks, he can be a match winner, with his pace and finishing ability, but in truth Rashford is a very limited player.
This poor form has been going on for too long. He was struggling and not making an effort for most of last season and after the COVID break in the previous season.
Injuries or no injuries, there no excuse for the poor attitude and lack of effort on the pitch.
If he can be motivated or coached into being a better player, it might be worth viewing him as an impact sub, rather than a regular starter.

If there is to be a shake-up, on balance I’d be inclined to put him on the list to go while there’s a chance of getting a decent price for him.

Pearl.Jam

As commendable as his work with the free school meals was he really needs to cut out the politics shit and focus completely on his day job..honestly think the entire circus has gotten to him and that when his mural was defaced it must have affected him more than he realised

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He wasn't offside until right at the end... Look at the lines on the pitch, he's always (just) in line with the ball.

It's tighter then it needs to be, and he looks offside cos of the angle /being ahead of Sancho, but if you pause it when he passes each line on the turf you can see he's onside
Yeah, no idea why anyone would convince themself he was “always offside”. Are they aware it’s being behind the ball that matters?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
So it's up to the manager and coaches to ensure that he's working hard?

He's on £200,000 a week, how about a little bit of self-responsibility and pride in his own performances to make sure that at the very least, he's working hard. Everyone has off games, but the bare minimum is working hard and helping out your teammates, and he hasn't done it for awhile - injuries or not.
Like I said.....let's see how he looks after being coached properly.

Martial works even less than he does. Pogba the same. Ronaldo doesn't work hard either but he has something special that lets him off the hook.

None of our forwards played well today. It wasn't a game to judge any of them really.

Devil may care

Non factor in the first half but was looking dangerous when he was inexplicably taken off for Lingard.

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
As commendable as his work with the free school meals was he really needs to cut out the politics shit and focus completely on his day job..honestly think the entire circus has gotten to him and that when his mural was defaced it must have affected him more than he realised
Personally I’ve no issues with him staying involved in his politics: personally I wish more influential people were.

The austerity caused by the Tory party over the last decade is shocking. As much as I love United, some things are more important and while I’m not Rashfords biggest fan on the pitch right now. I’m 100% behind his politics and don’t personally feel that causes any interference with his performances.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
I'd go out on a limb and say he probably has the lowest footballing IQ in the squad.

How can he get himself in an offside position for Sanchos goal?

Wonderful what he's doing off the field, but on it he's utterly brain-dead.
I get the impression you didnt have to go far out on that limb on your criticism of Rashford.

Skills

Snitch
Injuries and poor management have ruined an exciting young prospect.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
There is quite a few people on this forum who ache for Rashford to have a bad game. We can probably guess why.
It's absurd, I can't make sense of it. He's in poor form and some fans are taking joy from it seems. He's going to make some people look very silly soon enough when he gets more match fitness under his belt and starts blasting in goals.

Matt851

This is a load of bollocks. Even the most dedicated footballers only spend a handful of hours a day training so have a lot of free time. Many of them seem to spend it all playing video games without criticism so Marcus doing something more productive is hardly a problem.

I get frustrated with him to but it should be remembered he is still productive and will probably improve with some decent coaching. It may also be the case that he is just a good player who will continue to have imperfections in his game like many others.

If being involved in politics is to blame for the times footballers play poorly then why isn't Harry maguire prime minister

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
@Swiss_Red89 @FrankWhite @PlayerOne

What’s todays excuse fellas?
What? Why would I make excuses? He's in poor form, as it has been said before. We will see how it goes under Rangnick, it will get better I'm sure. For me it's the lack match sharpness, he missed a big large chunk of the season and came back to a under-performing team, massively out of form team. Give him time, he will come good.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
It's absurd, I can't make sense of it. He's in poor form and some fans are taking joy from it seems. He's going to make some people look very silly soon enough when he gets more match fitness under his belt and starts blasting in goals.
A lot of players have been in the worst form of their careers the last few months and I wonder why the publicly outspoken one gets targeted more. Hmm!

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
That is ridiculous opinion. Complete post. And it is every time when one of our best (and most loved) players gets criticized.
Why anybody would be happy when Rashford (or any other player) plays badly? Why?
And why would people look silly when he starts playing on his true potential? Ok, except some people who say that he is average player.

Rashford is in bad form this year. That is a fact.
Also, his work rate dropped under Ole. Under Lvg and Jose his work rate was much much higher.
I hope and we all hope that under new manager we will see Rashford at full potential. And that Rashford can be one of best inside attackers in PL

Gazautd18

Burst on to the scene like Micah Richards.
Now plays like Micah Richards.
Needs a head check.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The One thing I don't get is how some players are fine when they do crap all - their excuse being because they didn't receive any chances to score.

Then Rashford plays and that doesn't really matter.

AndySmith1990

He hasn't really progressed at all since he first broke through into the first team, has he? The same flaws and weaknesses are just as evident as they were back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.