6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Replenish

Well then haters.....maybe just maybe our manager knows more than you lot do.

Rashford 5 attacking returns now. Our most effective player of the season. Hahahaha.
You actually think Rashfords, a good player, that's what should be laughed at. Put Usain Bolt in this side in Rashfords place in these games with masses of space in behind and he'd be just as good. With space to run in to Rashford is very very useful, because he's a pace merchant. No space, he's a nothing player.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Nah mate you're the only ones who are a disgrace.
I am very pleased for him and glad he scored twice but there were times Fernandes was pressing for him and he was just jogging. That has to change.

He's almost never on song. Two goals today which is great. His pace is very useful again the top teams like today and against Liverpool, outside of that, he's absolutely useless. He should play these big games and be benched for the bottom 15 teams who sit deep and defend.
2018-2020 Rashford was great against low block teams with skills and dribbling.

The United

He is better at running from deep for games like this. As soon as Ronaldo came in, his effectiveness improved with Arsenal playing high line.

Golden Nugget

Delighted with this. He’s a confidence player and I hope he can continue this form and not let it drop. Really hope the hamstring injury was just precautionary

Lights Out

So frustrating in how lazy he is with the press. Saw the exact same with Lingard yesterday .

However you can’t criticise him when he’s got two goals and an assist against Arsenal.

Irwin99

fantastic display and I gave him MOTM for the hand in all 3 goals.

No coincidence all his three goals this season have been very similar and I feel Arsenal played into his strengths somewhat. You leave a high line against this guy then it's your funeral :D

united for life

Delighted to see him play well again. Great stats so far.
i don’t remember him smiling all of last season. It’s the life that came back to him that is great! Goals and performances will surely follow if his morale stays up

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Well then haters.....maybe just maybe our manager knows more than you lot do.

Rashford 5 attacking returns now. Our most effective player of the season. Hahahaha.
Very good today, and aside from the goals and assist is showing a little more than he used to as well as far as playing as a 9 a bit more and bringing others into play more than he used to. He's still not at Martial's level for doing that, but Ten Hag definitely has on the right path to improve.

I don't think you can quite give it the big "I told you so" to "the haters" after 2 decent games in about 60, though mate. :lol:

SmallCaine

What kind of fans shit on a player who scored two and assisted the other?
So him scoring and assisting exempts him from doing defensive work, a performance has to be looked at in totality, he isn't exactly ronaldo in prime where the goal output more than makes up for lack of defensive work. He was abysmal off the ball and scoring and assisting doesn't change that. He took his goals well and should have a lot of confidence going into the next games, but that doesn't mean he should be let off the hook for jogging around like a 40 year old on vacation half the time.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
You actually think Rashfords, a good player, that's what should be laughed at. Put Usain Bolt in this side in Rashfords place in these games with masses of space in behind and he'd be just as good. With space to run in to Rashford is very very useful, because he's a pace merchant. No space, he's a nothing player.
Go to bed and have a cry. He's scored 2 and made an assist today against top of the league.

Swiss_Red89

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Herman Toothrot

So him scoring and assisting exempts him from doing defensive work, a performance has to be looked at in totality, he isn't exactly ronaldo in prime where the goal output more than makes up for lack of defensive work. He was abysmal off the ball and scoring and assisting doesn't change that. He took his goals well and should have a lot of confidence going into the next games, but that doesn't mean he should be let off the hook for jogging around like a 40 year old on vacation half the time.
fecking hell

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
What kind of fans shit on a player who scored two and assisted the other?
We have some of the worst fans in the world. They aren't pleased tonight because of who got the goals. Says it all. Wish they'd feck off and support an oil club because they aren't proper reds.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I reckon he gets a goal late on today. 3rd goalscorer in a hard fought 3-1 win.
Are we winning the league, pal?

Cracking prediction!

This was the most hungry I have seen Rashford in 2 years. When he was playing at his best he did become ruthless, and today was very much what he used to be.

Swiss_Red89

I'm so happy for him. He deserves this revival. Seemed to put in the work all summer and gets rewarded now.

Regarding the workrate discussions:
Still could work a bit more against the ball in my opinion. But it seems that he's saving a bit
of his energy for this offensive sprints which resulted in this two goals today. He's always on full sprint over long distances in transition, this also costs energy and is some kind of workrate.

But i can see where the critics are coming from when he joggs around against the ball and unlike today does not score in a match.

SmallCaine

We have some of the worst fans in the world. They aren't pleased tonight because of who got the goals. Says it all. Wish they'd feck off and support an oil club because they aren't proper reds.
You sound like the we should cheer glazers now that they have spent money type of a fan, may be stop trying to be a top red and be an actual fan of the club we are.

el3mel

He was always a useful player in this big games. Glad he's regaining a lot of his confidence lately, and if Ten Hag manages to restore him to who he once was, it will fundamental to our season. We don't have that many attackers anyway.

Reiver

Some of the comments about him are ridiculous. Could his overall play be better? Sure. But his numbers are starting to look good in terms of goals and assists and that's fine for a forward. He didn't start looking off the boil overnight, maybe with help from EtH he will get back to being the player we want him to be.

Gottabekiddingme

How is the argument that Ronaldo should be an impact sub makes sense when it's Rashford who becomes lively when there's loads of space to attack?

Rashford is not good as a 9 in an organised game & against a low block. The crosses from Antony were laughable considering Rashford didn't provide a focal point.

DutchCruijff

Good game from him today in terms of being alert and composed finishing.

He needs to up his work rate, however. I'd have him over Sancho for LW, quite frankly. Sancho has been poor thus far.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Given him stick but he did well today. Still needs to improve and hopefully doesn't go back into his shell!

tomaldinho1

Against the better teams that should be our blue print until we’re better - everyone tries to play out now and everyone can be pressed/exposed to someone like Rashford playing off the shoulder in a high line. Was quiet for long spirits but clinical when it mattered. Top performance.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
You sound like the we should cheer glazers now that they have spent money type of a fan, may be stop trying to be a top red and be an actual fan of the club we are.
Not one bit. I hate the owners with all my being.

You need to log off, go look into a mirror and tell yourself "That's why ETH is Utd manager and not me".

:)

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Were you rounding up the "receipts" of "Rashford lovers" the past 3 seasons?

He was anonymous the last match.
Anonymous? I'm pretty sure he played in Sancho for the only goal of the game in that one. Hardly anonymous. Hahahahaha

OverratedOpinion

Were you rounding up the "receipts" of "Rashford lovers" the past 3 seasons?

He was anonymous the last match.
Got the assist in a 1-0 win.

Some of these views are far too harsh when he is clearly having to play out of position due to our only fit CF being nearly 38 years old.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
He is never going to come even close to someone like Beckham in terms of work rate, neither will Sancho.
They both also seem to be injury prone / fear getting injured and avoid contact and too much running. If they find the right balance between working hard and attacking contributions that will be good enough for me.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
It's been a difficult 18 months for Marcus and fans have rightly been on his back, but he's made a good start turning things around. Will be interesting to see if he displaces Sancho when Martial is back as I don't think he's suited to the CF role.

He will do well against better teams as we play on the counter but we will struggle with him at cf against the park the bus teams.

Lecland07

You do know Haaland doesn't really do anything off the ball. It is why Man City look like there are 10 men, but he does his job. Strikers roles are either to score or create. Rashford has fulfilled that role, despite playing out of position.

acnumber9

He would’ve been an excellent striker in Fergie’s two striker system. I don’t see him ever being at his best as a lone striker. He’s a constant threat regardless.

Nick7

Absolutely made up for him. Really hope he can kick on this season and prove a portion of our fan base very very wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.