6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

jem

This is how I feel also. We need another attacker better than him in the side at the very least.

I feel the bad traits in his game come out when he's clearly the most important player in the attack. That's when the greed and not tracking back start showing more and more. Good competition always keeps him honest and on his toes.

Coming into the season he was playing for a new deal almost so that lit a fire under him.
Agreed. Even though he wasn't necessarily at his best (coming off his back injury), I really liked the version of Rashford that combined so well with Martial and Greenwood during the whole project restart thing.

Frank White

Who’s saying he needs binning? And obviously it takes more than one player, but giving him a 400k/week wage (even 300k) would suggest a player who is of the highest quality and who is a talisman for the team (think Mbappe/Salah/Haaland.) Rashford is not that player.
Literally the page of your post there's a post saying he needs upgrading.... As for the wages let's say we don't renew whoever you bring in is going to cost a small fortune as well as, more than likely a huge wage to go with it see Antony and Sancho for examples.

jem

But in this scenario said player has 40 goals and assists.

Talking of a purple patch is mental. He's been our only effective attacker all season. Even before the world cup he looked the most likely for us.
I agree it's a bit flawed: for me, a purple patch was what Lingard had a few years back; a period of form that he seemed unlikely to ever reach again. I have no doubt Rashford could go on another run like that again (please let it be for the remaining games of this season!) My issue with him is consistency. Too often, he goes on runs of invisibility, where if he's not scoring, he's not really adding anything to the team, unlike a prime Rooney, who contributed a lot of graft during his lean periods.

West Ham 1:0 Man Utd

Someone

Something
Rashford has been piss poor for a while now. I think he was top class around 60% of the season, but right now nothing comes off and he's more of last season's Rashford. Really needed him to finish the season strongly. If he wants to be a world class player he needs much more consistency.

Dannn411

Yeah this is not a £300k per week player. His only argument for being paid that much is that Sancho is being paid that much but that is not a convincing argument and should not be entertained.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Rashford has been piss poor for a while now. I think he was top class around 60% of the season, but right now nothing comes off and he's more of last season's Rashford. Really needed him to finish the season strongly. If he wants to be a world class player he needs much more consistency.
2months out of 10 isnt 60% is it?

zaafi

I get that he's been our best attacker, but that's not saying much. He should be no more than a bench player if we want to compete for the title.

MrBest

I used to think he could become world class. Now I see what a lot have been saying for a while. This guy does not deserve more money than he is on and he is not good enough to be a starter in a title challenging team. He is so basic, one trick pony and in this league, you need to do more. Pathetic performance this game and the last few. I would be fone if he left, Garnacho can replace him.

Ash_G

I've said it before but I think the issue is that he and Bruno as our star players is a problem if we seriously want to push on. Both are erratic, tend to react negatively in matches and play quite individualistic. This is not to say either can't be starters, they've proven how effective they can be, but I think they need to be surrounded by better, more level headed players and almost be the luxury players.

That said I can't understand why we'd rather create more opps for AWB/Malacia to run ahead of the ball then try and get Rashford in behind. I get there needs to be a balance, for example I think against Spurs we were too aggressive with the ball over the top but surely there has to be a way to make getting the likes of Rashford, Antony etc in behind rather than the fullbacks a focus.

-Supreme-

His contribution is very worrying if he can’t get on the scoresheet, but even during his purple patch after the WC his overall game isn’t good enough in a title challenging team.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Seems pointless persisting with a player who’s form can blow so cold so regularly.

Sylar

Some of the bad habits of last season are creeping in. Standing around at times, being selfish, long range ridiculous shots.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
It’s crazy how people just keep falling back into the hype when he has done nothing to show that he will turn up on a consistent level. It’s evident that If United’s goal is to win the EPL again one day it will not be with Marcus Rashford as your star player. He is a very “normal” level player

It’s like those couples in a toxic relationship who think their significant other will “change”.

Heinzesight

Some of the bad habits of last season are creeping in. Standing around at times, being selfish, long range ridiculous shots.
He’s even doing that weird thing he used to do where he stands still in front of the opposition right back, drops his right knee a few times, then passes it backwards. Needs a goal as soon as possible.

lostcauz

If Ten Hag is still around, Rashford isn’t a starter in a few years time

Irwin99

I get that things aren't going well but the moaning at the ref for the slightest thing doesn't half irritate.

It’s crazy how people just keep falling back into the hype when he has done nothing to show that he will turn up on a consistent level. It’s evident that If United’s goal is to win the EPL again one day it will not be with Marcus Rashford as your star player. He is a very “normal” level player

It’s like those couples in a toxic relationship who think their significant other will “change”.
He's better than 'normal' but I think he shouldn't be the main man of the attack. I do wonder how a top class number 9 would feel playing alongside someone with such a selfish attitude and inconsistent pass.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I get that things aren't going well but the moaning at the ref for the slightest thing doesn't half irritate.

He's better than 'normal' but I think he shouldn't be the main man of the attack. I do wonder how a top class number 9 would feel playing alongside someone with such a selfish attitude and inconsistent pass.
United need to really invest offensively and get a striker who can be a constant presence for an opposing back line.

When you need a goal, United need that guy who can go an get it for them.

Sylar

He’s even doing that weird thing he used to do where he stands still in front of the opposition right back, drops his right knee a few times, then passes it backwards. Needs a goal as soon as possible.
Yea that's one of them too. It just slows everything down and let's opposition go into shape. I'd rather he try take the guy on and lose the ball once or twice.

The other is dribbling into dead ends.

This is what I'm seeing, too. He's regressing/regressed.
It's sad because if he doesn't score we struggle to score. He did seem a bit better towards the end of the second half when we had Sancho and martial on.

The United

At around 89 minutes, someone cleared the ball from the back, and he got the ball with no United players around or ahead of him but three West Ham players ahead of him by the side line. He decided to dribble or outrun them instead of stopping and passing the ball back to build up a better counter attack.

I wonder if Rashford thinks he is as good as Messi at dribbling with the way he chooses to do it at times.

FerociousCorgis

Him and Bruno are supposed to be our stars. What's most troubling is how shit we look and they are both out there. Could understand if one or both were missing

GifLord

Lets go by month

August - 4 games / 1 goal (vs Liverpool) - 4 games / 1 goal
September - 2 games / 2 goals (vs Arsenal) - 2 games / 2 goals
October - 6 games in EPL / 1 goal (vs West Ham), 3 games in EL / 3 goals (Sheriff and Omonia) - 9 games 4 goals
November - 2 games in EPL / 0 goals, 1game in EL / 0 goals, 1 game in EFL / 1 goal (Aston Villa) - 4 games 1 goal
December - 2 games in EPL / 2 goals, EFL 1 game/ 1 goal - 3 games 3 goals
January - 4 games in EPL / 3 goals, EFL 2 games/3 goals, FAC 2 games / 1 goal - 8 games 7 goals
February - 4 games in EPL / 5 goals, EL 2 games / 1 goal, EFL 2 games / 1 goal - 8 games 7 goals
March - 2 games in EPL / 0 goals, EL 2 games/ 2 goals, FAC 2 games/ 0 goals - 6 games / 2 goals
April - 5 games in EPL / 2 goals, EL 1 games / 0 goals, FAC 1 game / 0 goals - 7 games / 2 goals
May so far 2 games in EPL / 0 goals

Witchking

What a Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde player this guy is. Hides when there is any semblance of pressure or things getting tough. Him, De Gea and Shaw are the mainstays of mentality midgets. No wonder we do not win anything with players who have no capacity to grow a spine and drag the team though a season. Must be very proud of his goal scoring purple patch.

GifLord

Rashford was on and off before the WC, but after that he kicked on for a long period and was practically unplayable. I don't think we got 8 great months out of him at all.
His overall play was still poor despite scoring a few goals.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
30 goals is some purple patch

good player in bad form, he’s a confidence player and right now it’s low.

personally I think that he has not looked right since he came back from his last injury

that and the team has been playing absolute bollocks, creating very little and resorting to long shots

Strats

He becomes so incredibly selfish when he's out of form.

Does the complete opposite of what he's supposed to do when things aren't working, which should be to revert to basics and pass the fecking ball instead of mindless runs on his own or shots from a mile out.

Matt851

Him and Bruno are supposed to be our stars. What's most troubling is how shit we look and they are both out there. Could understand if one or both were missing
He was frustrating but I think some of the criticism is harsh. Unfortunately he is being asked to carry the teams attack to a quite ridiculous extent and he isn't good enough to do that but very few are

AndersB

What a Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde player this guy is. Hides when there is any semblance of pressure or things getting tough. Him, De Gea and Shaw are the mainstays of mentality midgets. No wonder we do not win anything with players who have no capacity to grow a spine and drag the team though a season. Must be very proud of his goal scoring purple patch.
Dude, what the feck are you on about? I mean it doesn't make much sense to say this about Rashford now either, but Shaw?! The guy has been consistently great for so long now, and has even adapted to a sudden centre back role with ease, and certainly showing a lot of spine. You're just regurgitating old narratives

Status
Not open for further replies.