6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitedRepublic

Good look back at tonight's highlights or any other match you will see teammates he could be passing to. He passes only when he can't get off a shot not when he thinks someone else is better placed to score. He does not link up well with fernandez and Eriksen it's a one way relationship.
Thank you only when it’s a dead end if we are lucky at that. No denying he’s had a great season goal wise but he’s still the same Rashford when it comes to the overall play.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Go look back at tonight's highlights or any other match you will see teammates he could be passing to. He passes only when he can't get off a shot not when he thinks someone else is better placed to score. He does not link up well with fernandez and Eriksen it's a one way relationship. He is the reason why I would rather have kane than Osimhen. We have one winger who wants do it by himself and another who can't do anything at all. With kane at least he is a striker who can create goals for Rashford.
Couldn't have said it better, his run of scoring form whilst good for the club, has had the detrimental effect on him to turn into a truly self centered version of the altruistic player he can be.

flappyjay

Thank you only when it’s a dead end if we are lucky at that. No denying he’s had a great season goal wise but he’s still the same Rashford when it comes to the overall play.
This will kill him in the long term because he becomes a liability if he doesn't score. He needs to learn how to have a man of the match performance without scoring a goal. This is what has killed the current version of cr7, doesn't contribute when not scoring.

Lecland07

Excuses - he ignored Bruno and/or Martial on more than one occasion where he was at a hopeless angle
They aren't excuses. They are reality. He is pretty much a one-player forward line this season.

Martial was never open in the box. He always drifting outside. He is a striker that doesn't play like a striker. Do you think Haaland, Kane or Osimhen wait on the edge of the box? No, they score because they make run in the box and position themselves well. They are always available for the pass/cross. Martial and Weghorst don't do this. Well, Weghorst actually tries but he is just slow and rubbish.

TheLittleOne

His great scoring form masked a return to prev. season Rashford. He doesn't seem to be thinking in game, head down dribbling into 2 defenders, shooting from 30m out. His skillset is great but it requires the team to play in a certain way....
Yeah, been saying this for years....he has very good attributes to his game like he is very fast, has great and powerfull shooting technique and is very clinical when hes through in a 1v1 vs the keeper. However as you said he just runs into people with his head down, shoots from impossible angles and when the game slows down and he has the ball for 10 seconds in the 20 yard range he just wants to shoot even when it is painfully obvious the shot will be blocked. He really had a great season so far but instead to be able to build on that it makes him think he is superman and he desperatly wants to be the hero who wins the game. To the detriment of the team way too often.

Kopral Jono

Excellent first half but the very best would have buried at least one chance. As of now he's not consistently at that level yet.

Lecland07

Yeah, been saying this for years....he has very good attributes to his game like he is very fast, has great and powerfull shooting technique and is very clinical when hes through in a 1v1 vs the keeper. However as you said he just runs into people with his head down, shoots from impossible angles and when the game slows down and he has the ball for 10 seconds in the 20 yard range he just wants to shoot even when it is painfully obvious the shot will be blocked. He really had a great season so far but instead to be able to build on that it makes him think he is superman and he desperatly wants to be the hero who wins the game. To the detriment of the team way too often.
Who are his options, though? People keep saying he needs to pass/cross, but to who? Antony, Weghorst, Martial? All of them are incapable of good positioning; the vast majority of the time they do not make themselves available for Rashford to do anything but try to run into box or pass backwards.

Martial hovers well away from where he is supposed to be. Weghorst is useless. Antony just doesn't really do much when he doesn't have the ball in attack.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He was good tonight, he had to shoot at tight angles because his teammates don’t work to make themselves an option. He’s only had Bruno to play with lately, even losing Shaw behind him probably hasn’t helped.

TheLittleOne

Who are his options, though? People keep saying he needs to pass/cross, but to who? Antony, Weghorst, Martial? All of them are incapable of good positioning; the vast majority of the time they do not make themselves available for Rashford to do anything but try to run into box or pass backwards.

Martial hovers well away from where he is supposed to be. Weghorst is useless. Antony just doesn't really do much when he doesn't have the ball in attack.
There is no direct answer to that question, it really depends on the situation. In some even a pass back and rebuild would be the better solution than just try for the almost impossible and lose the ball. We can go through certain time stamps if you like and I could give my opinion what I think would have been the better action to take. Im fully aware that its easy to critizice when you can see the whole field on TV and its more difficult to see the options while on field but I still think his decision making is far from optimal.

Edit: That freekick NZT-One mentioned for example.Yeah sure he could score a screamer 1 out of like 30 times but litteraly everything else than shoot from there would have been a better decision with a higher success rate. Short pass to your teammate and try to cross or cross directly from there like 2 yards behind the crowded area so our guys(someone like Casemiro) could run into it and head the ball would have been so much better..the frustrating thing is as soon as we got that foul I knew it would be Rash to take it, try to shoot and waste it. All when its 0:0 and only a couple of minutes to play. I think that's brainless and arrogant.

Last edited:

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I used to be very critical of him due to him being a bit scared of tackles. Today he wasn't, he was almost injured again. It's ridiculous how hard it is for our players to get ahead in this game. Any time they show a bit of passion the other team is allowed to hack them down, and do whatever they want and we get no protection. Rashford almost kicked a player out of frustration before Antony did it, he probably got the idea from looking at Rashford.

He went past his man and was dragged down about 5 times in this game, no yellow card given, sometimes not even a free kick. How are you supposed to win, if you play good football and the other team is allowed to stop counters with Rashford running like it's nothing. Put some respect on his name. He could have scored one of those runs. They defend 1vs1, and Rashford bested Brighton several times. He was stamped on when he made a pass and almost got injured, not a free kick and not a yellow. Bruno as well, got stamped on twice and nothing. I can't find anything to critique about Rashford, playing in such circumstances. Hope he gets a bit nastier and continues to draw fouls and play dirty, it's the only way they want the game to be played.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
I used to be very critical of him due to him being a bit scared of tackles. Today he wasn't, he was almost injured again. It's ridiculous how hard it is for our players to get ahead in this game. Any time they show a bit of passion the other team is allowed to hack them down, and do whatever they want and we get no protection. Rashford almost kicked a player out of frustration before Antony did it, he probably got the idea from looking at Rashford.

He went past his man and was dragged down about 5 times in this game, no yellow card given, sometimes not even a free kick. How are you supposed to win, if you play good football and the other team is allowed to stop counters with Rashford running like it's nothing. Put some respect on his name. He could have scored one of those runs. They defend 1vs1, and Rashford bested Brighton several times. He was stamped on when he made a pass and almost got injured, not a free kick and not a yellow. Bruno as well, got stamped on twice and nothing. I can't find anything to critique about Rashford, playing in such circumstances. Hope he gets a bit nastier and continues to draw fouls and play dirty, it's the only way they want the game to be played.
I agree with you, the referees should be doing so much more to protect our players.

WRT Rashford's performance, he looked really up for it in the first half and should've done better with some of the through balls from Bruno and (I think) Casemiro that put him in on goal. Still a patchy player, needs competition.

ddg01

Excellent first half but the very best would have buried at least one chance. As of now he's not consistently at that level yet.
He had one decent moment in the first half and gave away the ball in great positions 5(five) times.

Frank White

Could say he needs competition or he needs cover. He's playing every game for the full 90 or more even when it's clear as day it's not clicking.

Understandable considering he's probably are only attacker who's able to score it seems but in games like today where it wasn't working another option that isn't Sancho or Weghourst would be ideal.

As for today thought he looked decent for the majority of the 1st half but like last game his touch just seemed off or not there in some cases, 2nd half completly mia.

NZT-One

Couldn't have said it better, his run of scoring form whilst good for the club, has had the detrimental effect on him to turn into a truly self centered version of the altruistic player he can be.
That summarizes it pretty well.

Granted, he isn't playing with Prime Pele and Hero Cruyff. And believe me, I am not here to criticize him in any hurtful way or anything. Its just observations and all those "look who he is playing with" things aren't helping anybody. It doesn't matter who he is playing with when he decides to dribble into 3 players head down or when he decides to shoot from crazy angles and distances. Feels like he gets the wrong form of positive reinforcements. No question about that he has contributed to the attack this season and long may it continue. But just like Bruno, he is become some sort of a numbers player which in itself isn't an issue as long as he is scoring or assisting. But as soon as this stops, he isn't offering anything.

We know what Rashford can do if he is up for it - look at the first full season with Ole. Rashford really tried to facilitate stuff. All the time. It was wonderful. But as soon as he scored a few, he turned into something that stopped with the creation and was only about scoring. If it wouldn't have started before he arrived, I'd say it is the bad behaviour seen from Ronaldo.

el3mel

It's hard to blame him. Without his goals we wouldn't have even been top 6 to start with. He gets a free pass from me.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
It's hard to blame him. Without his goals we wouldn't have even been top 6 to start with. He gets a free pass from me.
People so want to blame him for everything. Yet we have Weghorst who doesn't have a PL goal yet and Sancho and Antony who look like championship players.

This squad is nowhere near as good as some thought it was.

0le

Go look back at tonight's highlights or any other match you will see teammates he could be passing to. He passes only when he can't get off a shot not when he thinks someone else is better placed to score. He does not link up well with fernandez and Eriksen it's a one way relationship. He is the reason why I would rather have kane than Osimhen. We have one winger who wants do it by himself and another who can't do anything at all. With kane at least he is a striker who can create goals for Rashford.
His surname is Fernandes, not Fernandez.

TheLittleOne

People so want to blame him for everything. Yet we have Weghorst who doesn't have a PL goal yet and Sancho and Antony who look like championship players.

The reason why Im harsher on Rashford is because he has much more potential than a player like Weghorst but he doesnt use it wisely a lot of times.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The reason why Im harsher on Rashford is because he has much more potential than a player like Weghorst but he doesnt use it wisely a lot of times.
Without him this season I guarantee you more than half of this forum would want ETH sacked because we'd be about 9th in the league.

Start being harsher on the players who don't offer anything i.e. the other forwards.

Martial, Antony, Sancho and Weghorst etc have been absolutely pathetic. Rashford n Bruno have basically carried us towards the finish line yet again. Just like the did under Ole.

TheLittleOne

Without him this season I guarantee you more than half of this forum would want ETH sacked because we'd be about 9th in the league.

Start being harsher on the players who don't offer anything i.e. the other forwards.

Martial, Antony, Sancho and Weghorst etc have been absolutely pathetic. Rashford n Bruno have basically carried us towards the finish line yet again. Just like the did under Ole.
I agree on that, the players you mentioned played subpar but this is the Rashford thread. There is something fundamentaly wrong with this club I mean our squad worth is 795,70 Mio. € Brighton 358,70 Mio. € . And they deserved the win.
And I said Rashford had a great season but in the last few games he just fell back into old patterns. And the reason a decided to comment on his play now is because I noticed this for a couple of games in a row and not because I generaly have anything against him.

Last edited:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Everyone is getting slated, Rashford a lot less than the others and rightly so.

EI Beatle

you know when rashy is out of form he starts diving and moaning at the ref and taking 25 yard shots

Valencia Shin Crosses

I thought he was fine today. You can win with a player like him if you have other forwards that compliment it. But him and Antony are pretty similar in style except Antony is about 100x more shit at it. Sancho on the right would be a better option with Martial and Rashford for me.

Posh Red

Didn’t he play Antony in early in yesterdays game?

Andersons Dietician

At times yesterday he was electric then he sort of started to go back to old bad habits and not passing to people in better positions, shooting from miles out with loads of bodies infront of him after he realised he couldn’t run past them.

ti vu

I thought he was fine today. You can win with a player like him if you have other forwards that compliment it. But him and Antony are pretty similar in style except Antony is about 100x more shit at it. Sancho on the right would be a better option with Martial and Rashford for me.
Not disagree on theory level, but in reality level I have to. Sancho is a weird case. He can just disappear on the pitch, which mean the right wing outlet become nonexistent. This cameo this game fall into this category of disappearing act too.

Antony has become a different player for us to the player at Ajax. Perhaps because instruction, and the CF situation here? At Ajax, he did vary from crossing, to shoot, or play through ball like his assist for Dalot vs Nottingham more often. With us, he seems to become a forward which his shooting and end product is not good enough.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He was easily our best player apart from the defence and only one who was actually dangerous. He played Martial one or two times with very good passes too.

dogwithabone

Hard to be too critical after the goal scoring season he’s had but his over all game is too often a bit flakey.

Kostov

Whichever team relies on Marcus Rashford to be their main goalscorer, the best they can hope for is top 4. Nothing more, and he is a good player, just inconsistent and sometimes too big headed.

Roux

i just hate how he spends a ridiculous amount of time on the ground crying for a foul leaving us with ten men to defend and one less attacker up front when we go forward. Does this EVERY single game.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Some of the comments here are crazy.

He's a winger who is carrying us in terms of our attack, scoring at a rate above expectation. He is so far and away from the issues we have in that part of the pitch.

Doracle

i just hate how he spends a ridiculous amount of time on the ground crying for a foul leaving us with ten men to defend and one less attacker up front when we go forward. Does this EVERY single game.
It would be better if the refs actually gave some fouls. Seems like he can get kicked, pushed or thrown all over the place currently without ever getting a decision.

redcucumber

He was clearly frustrated by the inconsistent refereeing which is hard to blame him for. I don't understand how innocuous comings together like Shaw on Insico can be called up on whereas opposition players can repeatedly clip ankles and nothing happens.

We need Rashford to just push on for the last 6 games and steer us home.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
You mean like the one where he was tackled and fouled in the first half and defender should have seen yellow card but got nothing?

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He had a poor game but it's about the third game in a row he's been kicked from pillar to post. How Caicedo avoided a booking in the first half after repeatedly fouling him and in the second half he had a couple of blatant fouls not awarded made him very frustrated, as it did me. He has to do better but he needs some bloody protection.

Roux

You mean like the one where he was tackled and fouled in the first half and defender should have seen yellow card but got nothing?
yes - get up and get on with it. Instead he spent an eternity on the ground looking for a foul.

Status
Not open for further replies.