6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

poleglass red

I've noticed this is a few games now, whenever there is a 50-50, he never goes in hard to win it, he always tries to try this fancy flick over the other player's foot. It never comes off and always let the opponent win the ball. If it ever did come off it would look amazing, but play the percentages and try to win the ball.

Baneofthegame

I've noticed this is a few games now, whenever there is a 50-50, he never goes in hard to win it, he always tries to try this fancy flick over the other player's foot. It never comes off and always let the opponent win the ball. If it ever did come off it would look amazing, but play the percentages and try to win the ball.
I think that goes for all of our forward line to be honest, including Bruno/Fred/Sabitzer.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Purple patch as predicted as opposed to truly stepping up. Proactive club would upgrade.

Strootman's Finger

He scores goals, but when he doesn't, he's kinda shit.

Is he capable of passing and maintaining possession, or is he required to shoot every time he gets the ball?

Strootman's Finger

Couldn't have said it better, his run of scoring form whilst good for the club, has had the detrimental effect on him to turn into a truly self centered version of the altruistic player he can be.
It also doesn't help that he is untouchable in the team. What seemed like an important moment earlier in the season, Ten Hag dropping Rashford for being late and establishing his authority and reminding players no one is special, seemed to be a one off, since then it doesn't matter how he is performing, if he's fit he's in the team and he's not ever getting subbed, no matter how poor he is playing.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It also doesn't help that he is untouchable in the team. What seemed like an important moment earlier in the season, Ten Hag dropping Rashford for being late and establishing his authority and reminding players no one is special, seemed to be a one off, since then it doesn't matter how he is performing, if he's fit he's in the team and he's not ever getting subbed, no matter how poor he is playing.
You're talking about 2 different things tbh. Dropping him was because of discipline outside the pitch. On it though, there isn't a single valid reason at the moment to drop him, we don't have anyone who could replace his role and impact. No one else can be relied on to score goals.
It's up to ETH to work on him and make him understand that he cannot do it alone

Jeffthered

He's tired, and returning to fitness. And yet he is still by some distance, our main attacking threat. What a player he will be if, if we can get a top No 9 alongside him, and a top wide player on the right.

I feel for him, because there is no one else.

He's definitely in my Premiership team of the season. He's been brilliant, devastating at times, and I wouldn't put it past him to win a few more games for us this season. When he plays well, he can damage any defender in the Premiership. Any.

Strootman's Finger

You're talking about 2 different things tbh. Dropping him was because of discipline outside the pitch. On it though, there isn't a single valid reason at the moment to drop him, we don't have anyone who could replace his role and impact. No one else can be relied on to score goals.
It's up to ETH to work on him and make him understand that he cannot do it alone
He doesn't need to be dropped, but he could be subbed once in a while. He played like shit yesterday, not for the first time, yet stayed on for 90 mins. That could be more down to limited options, but Antony can have a really good performance, then be yanked off after 60 mins in the next game because he isn't playing as well. Marcus feels untouchable at the moment.

Lecland07

He doesn't need to be dropped, but he could be subbed once in a while. He played like shit yesterday, not for the first time, yet stayed on for 90 mins. That could be more down to limited options, but Antony can have a really good performance, then be yanked off after 60 mins in the next game because he isn't playing as well. Marcus feels untouchable at the moment.
Antony is crap 90% of the time. Rashford is good 80% of the time. There is a huge difference. One has scored 29 goals & has 11 assists, the other has 8 goals and 2 assists. I think the answer is hidden somewhere in there.

Based Adnan

Feels like at least once a game Bruno will play a ball over the top to send him through 1v1 but he fails to control it

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Purple patch as predicted as opposed to truly stepping up. Proactive club would upgrade.
29 goal left winger purple patch, nice.

Proactive club would bring in other attackers who can also perform to the level he has, rather than having a 1 man attack.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Not disagree on theory level, but in reality level I have to. Sancho is a weird case. He can just disappear on the pitch, which mean the right wing outlet become nonexistent. This cameo this game fall into this category of disappearing act too.

Antony has become a different player for us to the player at Ajax. Perhaps because instruction, and the CF situation here? At Ajax, he did vary from crossing, to shoot, or play through ball like his assist for Dalot vs Nottingham more often. With us, he seems to become a forward which his shooting and end product is not good enough.
Oh for sure Sancho is infuriating and honestly I'd be fine trying to sell him on. Was more referring to him stylistically.

jem

I like Rashford and I’ve enjoyed his bounce-back season but I think it’s delusion of the highest order to think he’s a player around whom you can build a title-winning team. At best, I feel he can be our Raheem Sterling (the good version that played for City a few years ago.) In other words, an important cog in the machine, but definitely not the star attraction/nailed-on starter.

Last edited:

Frank White

I like Rashford and I’ve enjoyed his bounce-back season but I think it’s delusion of the highest order to think he’s a player around whom you can build a title-winning team. At best, I feel he can be our Raheem Sterling (the hood version that played for City a few years ago.) In other words, an important cog in the machine, but definitely not the star attraction/nailed-on starter.
Who says that though? Common theme around here is that we need more than just Rashford be that support, cover or even replacement when he's having a off period. Think it's equally ridiculous to suggest he's the one that needs binning when we have Weghourst, Martial, Sancho and even Antony who lets face it have done hardly anything all season.

jem

Who says that though? Common theme around here is that we need more than just Rashford be that support, cover or even replacement when he's having a off period. Think it's equally ridiculous to suggest he's the one that needs binning when we have Weghourst, Martial, Sancho and even Antony who lets face it have done hardly anything all season.
Who’s saying he needs binning? And obviously it takes more than one player, but giving him a 400k/week wage (even 300k) would suggest a player who is of the highest quality and who is a talisman for the team (think Mbappe/Salah/Haaland.) Rashford is not that player.

kouroux

Because Marcus is our only scorer and you never take them off, no matter how shit they play.
Antony is hopeless in front of goal thus making it very easy to replace him

Strootman's Finger

Because Marcus is our only scorer and you never take them off, no matter how shit they play.
Antony is hopeless in front of goal thus making it very easy to replace him
It's like you're making my argument for me. And I just used Antony as one example of a player that will be dropped (rightfully) if not performing. I could have picked a half dozen players, stop focusing Antony.

Swiss_Red89

But he truly stepped up the whole season...I reckon without him we wouldn't have the trophy nor would we be in the top 4.

Please name the possible upgrades which your "proactive" club would buy? Your proactive club would look like absolute idiots selling their best forward of the season.

pacifictheme

The problem so many people seem to have when it comes to rashford is thinking that we need to rely on him all the time. It was exactly the same the first two times he got over 20 goals. No other cnut has been scoring for us all season, so when rashford, who's a fecking winger by the way, has a quieter period of goal scoring form, which almost all players do, they lose their fecking minds and say it's a purple patch and he's not that good.

All the while the rest of the attack have contributed feck all by comparison

He's absolutely good enough and has proved it in three seasons now, just think how good he would look if the other two attackers contributed 40 goals, which is a pretty reasonable expectation.

In a combined 64 games this season Antony and martial have 15 goals.

Shut up moaning about rashford.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
But he truly stepped up the whole season...I reckon without him we wouldn't have the trophy nor would we be in the top 4.

Please name the possible upgrades which your "proactive" club would buy? Your proactive club would look like absolute idiots selling their best forward of the season.
Why is there always history revisionism going on when it's about Rashford?
He was absolute bobbins for 3 months. Had like 4 goals in 14 games in the EPL. He only rediscovered his form after the World Cup.
From 27th Dec till 19th February he was performing literally every game (10games/10goals)
For the last 3 months he's been in similar form as before the world cup.
Not to mention he's doing his usual schtick where he goes for glory with his stupid long range shots and being egotistical.

Swiss_Red89

Why is there always history revisionism going on when it's about Rashford? He was absolute bobbins for 3 months. Had like 4 goals in 14 games in the EPL. He only rediscovered his form after the World Cup.
From 27th Dec till 19th February he was performing literally every game (10games/10goals)
For the last 3 months he's been in similar form as before the world cup.
Not to mention he's doing his usual schtick where he goes for glory with his stupid long range shots and being egotistical.
"Absolutely bobbins for 3 months" while scoring against Liverpool, double vs Arsenal, winner vs West Ham in the PL and several goals more in the other competitions...He was good enough before the WC to get himself on the plane to Qatar and most England Fans welcoming it.
If you want to call that "absolutely bobbins", up to you.

Obviously we agree that his best form was after the WC when he was absolutely brilliant until end of february.

After that he was not able to quite keep that form up (also due to injuries), but he is still popping up regularly with goals and assists and is still by far our biggest goal threat.
Workrate also improved a lot during the whole season.

But yeah, let's upgrade him with another 150mio player.

kouroux

The problem so many people seem to have when it comes to rashford is thinking that we need to rely on him all the time. It was exactly the same the first two times he got over 20 goals. No other cnut has been scoring for us all season, so when rashford, who's a fecking winger by the way, has a quieter period of goal scoring form, which almost all players do, they lose their fecking minds and say it's a purple patch and he's not that good.

All the while the rest of the attack have contributed feck all by comparison

He's absolutely good enough and has proved it in three seasons now, just think how good he would look if the other two attackers contributed 40 goals, which is a pretty reasonable expectation.

In a combined 64 games this season Antony and martial have 15 goals.

Shut up moaning about rashford.
When I say it's a purple patch, I also look at the rest of his overall game. It hasn't markedly improved I'd say. Whether he scored or not, that's not what interests me the most, it's how he is the rest of the time. His goalscoring did reach such a ridiculous level, it clearly wasn't sustainable cause he isn't that type of player

Dannn411

He's still lethal on the counter and will score 9 times out of 10 in a 1-on-1 but the other parts of his game have taken a step back. Namely his passing and general decision making in the build up. He used to be so good in these areas.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
This lad gets so much stick it's absolutely scary. What the hell is wrong with you all?

We've got sick note Martial, championship level Weggy and Dutch league level Antony in the team who are absolutely awful and yet it's all blame Rashford time again?

Without him we'd be absolutely nowhere this season and you'd all be asking for the manager to be sacked no doubt because of it.

We have such a weird and pathetic fanbase. Rashford is likely going to be named in the PL team of the year too which makes it even more ridiculous.

Start blaming the forwards who can't score in a brothel with 20 quid notes hanging out of their pockets.

zaafi

The issue with Rashford is that if he doesn't score, he doesn't contribute. He doesn't look to create, he runs into defenders which is particularly dumb when you're not a good dribbler. Sometimes he is able to run through 4-5 defenders with a bit of luck and score a screamer, but he needs to vary his game, be less selfish and more intelligent.

Martinelli, for instance, has scored only one less goal than Rashford in Premier League, but he has the same amount of assists and also created more than twice as many chances (Martinelli with 57, Rashford with 26) and is better at passing and linking up with team mates.

I love Rashford, but he's certainly not one to build the team around. We've relied too much on him, and I think he's done fantastic this season but he has a lot of aspects in his game to work on, similarly to all of our attackers.

Swiss_Red89

This lad gets so much stick it's absolutely scary. What the hell is wrong with you all?

We've got sick note Martial, championship level Weggy and Dutch league level Antony in the team who are absolutely awful and yet it's all blame Rashford time again?

Without him we'd be absolutely nowhere this season and you'd all be asking for the manager to be sacked no doubt because of it.

We have such a weird and pathetic fanbase. Rashford is likely going to be named in the PL team of the year too which makes it even more ridiculous.

Start blaming the forwards who can't score in a brothel with 20 quid notes hanging out of their pockets.
The others you mentioned get a lot of stick as well in their threads to be fair.

Imo it's more a thing of constant negativity from people. As soon as Rashford has not the best game they come in his thread and calling his season a "purple patch" or whatever. It's the same for other players.
The stick Bruno gets at times is ridiculous.

Negativity makes some people happy. We have a lot of them on this forum.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
He's still lethal on the counter and will score 9 times out of 10 in a 1-on-1 but the other parts of his game have taken a step back. Namely his passing and general decision making in the build up. He used to be so good in these areas.
His decision making was always dogshit.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
"Absolutely bobbins for 3 months" while scoring against Liverpool, double vs Arsenal, winner vs West Ham in the PL and several goals more in the other competitions...He was good enough before the WC to get himself on the plane to Qatar and most England Fans welcoming it.
If you want to call that "absolutely bobbins", up to you.

Obviously we agree that his best form was after the WC when he was absolutely brilliant until end of february.

After that he was not able to quite keep that form up (also due to injuries), but he is still popping up regularly with goals and assists and is still by far our biggest goal threat.
Workrate also improved a lot during the whole season.

But yeah, let's upgrade him with another 150mio player.
No he wasn't.
Europa League - In 4 matches he scored 3 goals, 2 vs Omonia and 1 vs Sheriff - farmer level opponents.
FA Cup - 1 match and 1 goal vs Villa
EPL - 14 matches - 4 goals. He also went missing in 10 of those games.
------------ 19 matches 8 goals ------------
He's a patchy player. Always was, always will be.
The 2019-20 season is almost identical to the current one where he had that 2 month run scoring in almost every game - 10games / 10 goals.
Since the start of march he scored 4 goals in 14 games.

El Jefe

I like Rashford and I’ve enjoyed his bounce-back season but I think it’s delusion of the highest order to think he’s a player around whom you can build a title-winning team. At best, I feel he can be our Raheem Sterling (the good version that played for City a few years ago.) In other words, an important cog in the machine, but definitely not the star attraction/nailed-on starter.
This is how I feel also. We need another attacker better than him in the side at the very least.

I feel the bad traits in his game come out when he's clearly the most important player in the attack. That's when the greed and not tracking back start showing more and more. Good competition always keeps him honest and on his toes.

Coming into the season he was playing for a new deal almost so that lit a fire under him.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The others you mentioned get a lot of stick as well in their threads to be fair.

Imo it's more a thing of constant negativity from people. As soon as Rashford has not the best game they come in his thread and calling his season a "purple patch" or whatever. It's the same for other players.
The stick Bruno gets at times is ridiculous.

Negativity makes some people happy. We have a lot of them on this forum.
But in this scenario said player has 40 goals and assists.

Talking of a purple patch is mental. He's been our only effective attacker all season. Even before the world cup he looked the most likely for us.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
People acknowledge Bruno's amazing fitness levels but Rashford is right up there too. Those two have carried the offense this season and warrant alittle more benefit of the doubt from some supporters.

jem

People acknowledge Bruno's amazing fitness levels but Rashford is right up there too. Those two have carried the offense this season and warrant alittle more benefit of the doubt from some supporters.
I do feel this is an area where Martial could really take some lessons from Rashford.

Status
Not open for further replies.