Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
No player has more match winning goals in the PL this season. He's tied with Haaland and Kane I believe with 10 match winners.

So that's essentially 20pts he's won practically on his own with just winners and that's not including his other goals and assists.

As I keep saying.... Rashford is the least of our issues. Some of the others are stealing a living and need binning.
He's also missed a ton of chances

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/big_chance_missed

3rd in the rankings - 1 less than Nunez who everyone''s been laughing at

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He's also missed a ton of chances

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/big_chance_missed

3rd in the rankings - 1 less than Nunez who everyone''s been laughing at
Maybe so but 29 goals and 11 assists is decent. Especially since we have barely had any pens this season and he plays out wide half of the time.

Rashford is the only reason top 4 is actually still possible. I'm sure it actually pains you to admit it but it's true.

The other charlatans upfront don't deserve any credit. With the exception of Garnacho the others have been utterly pathetic.

Frank White

Why do you always end your posts with a massive laughter? Genuinely curious.

If you keep seeing it, maybe there's some truth in it, no? The others do nothing, but somehow Antony always has more key passes than Rashford every single game. Same with Sancho. Sancho also has 5 goals and 2 assists in half of Rashford's minutes played, so if he were to play as much and follow his current stats, he'd have 10 goals and 4 assists, which really isn't that far off from Rashford's 16 goals and 5 assists.

When Rashford plays like this, he offers absolutely nothing. Runs into defenders, hoping somehow he gets through with the ball. He's not a very intelligent player, despite being a good goal scorer. Very easily replaceable.
Got the stats to back that up? Find that very hard to believe especially Antony. As for the rest don't think that's how football works can't just double someones stats by doubling his minutes....

Also he's easily replaced? who by?

zaafi

Got the stats to back that up? Find that very hard to believe especially Antony. As for the rest don't think that's how football works can't just double someones stats by doubling his minutes....

You can check each match on whoscored and compare them and see how many key passes they had.
Sancho has created more chances than Rashford despite playing a lot less. Stats are available on the official PL website. Rashford has created 26 chances whole season which is incredibly underwhelming for someone who plays almost every game.

I know you can't do that, but it's a possibility. Maybe he'd have more than Rashford? No one really knows.

Maybe not easily, but he's replaceable, especially in this form. Kvaratskhelia, Rafael Leao (although he also struggles with consistency), Coman and maybe even Sane although he plays more often on the right.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

It's true that Rashford's passing and creativity stats have been pretty non-existent this year, but also easy to see why as he has been the out ball for us, his role has always been to be the guy to provide the cutting edge and go for goal. Antony's haven't been much better but they are better.

The rest of his comment is nonsense though. Rashford has been an elite wide forward this season. He isn't asked to be a creator.

bosnian_red

You can check each match on whoscored and compare them and see how many key passes they had.
Sancho has created more chances than Rashford despite playing a lot less. Stats are available on the official PL website. Rashford has created 26 chances whole season which is incredibly underwhelming for someone who plays almost every game.

I know you can't do that, but it's a possibility. Maybe he'd have more than Rashford? No one really knows.

Maybe not easily, but he's replaceable, especially in this form. Kvaratskhelia, Rafael Leao (although he also struggles with consistency), Coman and maybe even Sane although he plays more often on the right.
Everyone is replaceable. The point is to replace the players who aren't good enough for your goal to be a top team. Rashford is capable of being an elite wide forward. He shows up in big games regularly. Why would you want to deal with the hassle of replacing him when he is capable of being part of a top team? Replace the players who aren't performing close to the level that he has for us.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

He has 11 assists though. That's more than everyone except Bruno isn't it?

29 goals and 11 assists but we still have people putting the blame on him.

Have some courage and admit you were wrong.

zaafi

It's true that Rashford's passing and creativity stats have been pretty non-existent this year, but also easy to see why as he has been the out ball for us, his role has always been to be the guy to provide the cutting edge and go for goal. Antony's haven't been much better but they are better.

The rest of his comment is nonsense though. Rashford has been an elite wide forward this season. He isn't asked to be a creator.
He has but you need to perform the whole season to be elite. His PL stats aren't exactly unreal, even if he is our best attacker. Harvey Barnes has 4 less goals than Rashford ffs.

zaafi

Pretty sure he has 8 assists and not 11. Eriksen has more than him as well.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He has but you need to perform the whole season to be elite. His PL stats aren't exactly unreal, even if he is our best attacker. Harvey Barnes has 4 less goals than Rashford ffs.
Rashford Rashford Rashford.

What about the others? If Harvey Barnes only has 4 less than Rashford he has more than all our other forwards then surely?

Why are we trying to pin the blame on our most effective forward we actually have?

I just don't get the logic with some folk on this forum. We'd be bottom half without Rashford. That's how bad everyone else has been in the final third.

GifLord

Because he's not been performing for months.
When things don't go well for him instead of playing it simple and looking to pass he goes for glory.
He's got some sort of a hero complex where he thinks he has to do everything by himself.

Lets go by month

August - 4 games / 1 goal (vs Liverpool) - 4 games / 1 goal
September - 2 games / 2 goals (vs Arsenal) - 2 games / 2 goals
October - 6 games in EPL / 1 goal (vs West Ham), 3 games in EL / 3 goals (Sheriff and Omonia) - 9 games 4 goals
November - 2 games in EPL / 0 goals, 1game in EL / 0 goals, 1 game in EFL / 1 goal (Aston Villa) - 4 games 1 goal
December - 2 games in EPL / 2 goals, EFL 1 game/ 1 goal - 3 games 3 goals
January - 4 games in EPL / 3 goals, EFL 2 games/3 goals, FAC 2 games / 1 goal - 8 games 7 goals
February - 4 games in EPL / 5 goals, EL 2 games / 1 goal, EFL 2 games / 1 goal - 8 games 7 goals
March - 2 games in EPL / 0 goals, EL 2 games/ 2 goals, FAC 2 games/ 0 goals - 6 games / 2 goals
April - 5 games in EPL / 2 goals, EL 1 games / 0 goals, FAC 1 game / 0 goals - 7 games / 2 goals
May so far 2 games in EPL / 0 goals

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
When things don't go well for him instead of playing it simple and looking to pass he goes for glory.
He's got some sort of a hero complex where he thinks he has to do everything by himself.
40 goals and assists suggests he's right.

GifLord

40 goals and assists suggests he's right.
And 23 of those came between late December and late February - his purple patch

Lets go by month

August - 4 games / 1 goal (vs Liverpool) - 4 games / 1 goal
September - 2 games / 2 goals (vs Arsenal) - 2 games / 2 goals
October - 6 games in EPL / 1 goal (vs West Ham), 3 games in EL / 3 goals (Sheriff and Omonia) - 9 games 4 goals
November - 2 games in EPL / 0 goals, 1game in EL / 0 goals, 1 game in EFL / 1 goal (Aston Villa) - 4 games 1 goal
December - 2 games in EPL / 2 goals, EFL 1 game/ 1 goal - 3 games 3 goals
January - 4 games in EPL / 3 goals, EFL 2 games/3 goals, FAC 2 games / 1 goal - 8 games 7 goals
February - 4 games in EPL / 5 goals, EL 2 games / 1 goal, EFL 2 games / 1 goal - 8 games 7 goals

March - 2 games in EPL / 0 goals, EL 2 games/ 2 goals, FAC 2 games/ 0 goals - 6 games / 2 goals
April - 5 games in EPL / 2 goals, EL 1 games / 0 goals, FAC 1 game / 0 goals - 7 games / 2 goals
May so far 2 games in EPL / 0 goals

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

He's definitely not perfect and his form has definitely dropped off but you're just scapegoating him now.

We are only in a top 4 spot because of him and the only chance we have of staying there is also on him.

Martial Antony Weghorst and Sancho are the reason we are struggling for goals. Rashford has done his part.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
And 21 of those came between late December and late February - his purple patch
And the others haven't scored hardly any.

You definitely just have an agenda mate. It's honestly embarrassing.

He'sRaldo

Why doesn't he play in a 2 with Martial? Martial always struck me as complementing Rashford pretty well.

Not the dream by any means, but a lot better than Weghorst at no10.

bosnian_red

Why doesn't he play in a 2 with Martial? Martial always struck me as complementing Rashford pretty well.

We did that to end the game vs West Ham

Irwin99

Was kind of hoping those two would kick on with the City game approaching but it's not really working so far. That combination for the Martial chance in the second half was pretty good though.

Typically our best performances against City over the years have been where Martial and Rashford have been on form and running at their defence.

stw2022

A problem is that his dips in form are routinely measured in weeks or months rather than the odd game. We can't have it both ways. We can't say he looks like a top player when banging in goals and pretend that extensive periods of poor form are consistent with being a top player.

No denying he has the capability of going on great runs of form. But the trade off is the extensive blocks of times he looks completely ineffective. Despite his goals this year I don't think a team with any ambition to challenge for the league championship builds a team around that type of player

Last edited:

Frank White

Nobody is suggesting building a team around Rashford though. We hopefully will be getting that guy this summer my confusion comes from people suggesting that Rashford is the problem in this team atm. Not are other bang average forwards or a midfield that gets dominated week after week.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Selling players to buys new ones because you’re not happy with their current form. Football Manager has a lot to answer for…

3KDré

And 23 of those came between late December and late February - his purple patch

You act as if other top players don't also go through purple patches. They all do. The difference is the other top players play in teams where if they aren't scoring - someone else will. And the teams that only have one capable of scoring consistently enough are further down in the table than us (Spurs, Liverpool).

The United

You act as if other top players don't also go through purple patches. They all do. The difference is the other top players play in teams where if they aren't scoring - someone else will. And the teams that only have one capable of scoring consistently enough are further down in the table than us (Spurs, Liverpool).
Yeah, not having someone else score goals for this team when he is not makes some people criticize him for a different reason - not keeping his purple patch the whole season.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
He doesn't really contribute anything if he isn't scoring. The other attackers are complete dogshit though so not sure who to blame.

Antony and Rashford can atleast start passing to their teammates instead of taking shots whenever they feel like.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Selling players to buys new ones because you’re not happy with their current form. Football Manager has a lot to answer for…
Forget the 5 or 6 problem positions in our starting 11, let's discuss replacing one of our best players this season (who is still yet to enter his peak), because he's had a few poor games recently. Classic caf.

zaafi

I don't wanna sell him. I said he's replaceable.

I just think it's worrying that he has this bad form every season and it's not just a few matches.

People talk about Salah as if he's had a bad season, yet he has 19 goals and 7 assists in PL this season.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Our fans are so replaceable. They just refuse to see correlation between injury & loss of form.

Bebestation

I don't wanna sell him. I said he's replaceable.

I just think it's worrying that he has this bad form every season and it's not just a few matches.

People talk about Salah as if he's had a bad season, yet he has 19 goals and 7 assists in PL this season.
Name me 3 left wingers in the pl we could replace him with?~

Bebestation

yes passing it to weghorst & antony will get us goals when they can hardly make a pass back either. martial is hardly in the box. Rashford even played as our furthest forward/striker to finish of chances.
why dont you make gifs of all of that.

stw2022

In the last four seasons he's been poor far more often than he's looked good. I dont think it's even close.

In the last four seasons combined we have six or maybe seven months where he's looked the part. And the age thing annoys me. He's 26 this year. The fact those who excuse the lack of consistency by using his age and speaking about him as idea 20 years old and hope nobody realises he's had over 400 games for club and country, needs to get called out.

When he's on fire he's on fire. No doubt. But there's no inbetween. You pretty much have to go through huge periods where he's worse than a passenger in order to win on the basis of the law of averages that he's due a top run of form. Game upon game upon game upon game upon game upon game where his approach to trying to take on a defender like watching a kid dribbling the ball into a lamppost. And that Rashford has been far more his 'normal' contribution over the last few seasons than earlier on in this campaign where he did look awesome

I honestly don't think a club that has ambitions to win the league or compete at the top table in Europe has a player like that in their starting XI

Last edited:

Lentwood

The problem with Rashford will always be that he plays in 'moments'.

His champions will say his statistics are good, and at times they are (at times they have also not been)

His detractors will say his all-round contribution is basically nil when/if he isn't scoring or assisting and that he doesnt work hard enough.

I would like to see what would happen if we had some genuine competition for him. He's pretty much been a guaranteed starter since he was 18 due to a pitiful lack of options in forward positions. Maybe some real tough competition for places and a few weeks on the bench would add fire to his game? We saw what happened at Wolves when he came off the bench, that's the Rashford I want to see. Powerful, direct, aggressive and hungry. I don't want to see the whiny, whingy, lazy, showboater Rashford.

GifLord

yes passing it to weghorst & antony will get us goals when they can hardly make a pass back either. martial is hardly in the box. Rashford even played as our furthest forward/striker to finish of chances.
why dont you make gifs of all of that.
I'm starting to feel like there's some special rules when it comes to criticizing Rashford on this forum.
Also belittling me with sticking to gifs instead of having my say? Some of you have a special case of delusion where you overate certain players/win runs and then shit on users who are pessimistic about it.
He's not going to bring us any glory. He's a patchy player always was, always will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.