Marcus Rashford (Out)

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Rashford would be an elite player if the Internet never existed. Imagine being exposed to constant negativity and criticism when you’re trying to get back into form. It’s not surprising his play lacks any desire or purposeful energy….if your mind and mental health is on the precipice of breaking.
It's all always so over the fecking top.... but it is what it is. What can you do?

I'd get my head down, stay off any social media and just work on my game if I was him. The majority will stfu once he's back in form....

The Purley King

What gets me most is the entitlement.
We don't fecking owe you anything Marcus. Its you that owes us some hard graft and effort, its our money that goes into your pocket at the end of every week and its quite clear that you don't give a shit at the moment.
If you don't like people writing nasty things about you then start trying harder on the pitch, don't whine about your commitment to the club when everything we see tells us the complete opposite.

AlexUTD

Most people on this forum love Manchester United - given a chance on the pitch, we'd put in everything we had, which for most of us likely 5 mins of running before we're gassed, but thats not the point.

He can't hide behind "i'm a fan", "i saw hardship" - there are plenty of fans who are seeing hardship even today. Marcus was lucky enough to see one of Fergies greatest sides - we had to watch him and the rubbish his colleagues put out.

If his effort levels reflected what his words say - he wouldn't be having to put pen to paper to save face.
How many of these social media warriors have he had in our team over the last 10+ years?

Lose games and not trying their best while posting on social media "We go again" straight after the match. Fecking sick of it.

He had a great season last year because he was fighting for a fat new contract. The second he gets it, he turns into Ali Dia.

HookedOnAPhelan

Rashford would be an elite player if the Internet never existed. Imagine being exposed to constant negativity and criticism when you’re trying to get back into form. It’s not surprising his play lacks any desire or purposeful energy….if your mind and mental health is on the precipice of breaking.
No different to any other supposed top player. If he can't handle it he's at the wrong club.

parmenio

Marcus has been the senior attacking player for United this season. The undoubted so called Star.playing in the main with a 19 year old from the youth set up and a 21 year old new signing. Never once has he led by example and bust a gut on the pitch to show the inexperienced youngsters what it means and how you play for United. It’s all been about him. Most would ignore his off the field stuff if he really meant it and bust a gut on the pitch.

He puts in about the same effort as Martial and Sancho that’s why folks are riled at him and his antics. If he fallen out with the manager then looks like that’s another manager he’s in Keanos words happy to throw under the bus. We need to clear out this attitude completely from the club. We will win nothing until we do.

sepulturite

How the feck are people still defending him after watching his total lack of effort week in week out? Players being out of form we can all live with, it sucks, but we can at least see they are putting the effort in, Rashford doesn't do that and that's what angers people so much. I don't understand how these posters can't see that.

klayton88

INEOS could make a huge statement by doing everything to get rid of him. Let it be a message to others that it's not acceptable and won't be going forward.

Pughnichi

The arrogane of this fraud. One good season and he's throwing a bigger and more detrimental strop than Ronaldo.
Rashford should be gone ASAP but anyone thinking PSV will buy this walking mood are deluded.
We have every right to question his commitment to the club. He's given our fans the finger outside OT, he trots about like its an inconvenience to him. He's not only wasting years of the clubs time, but our time & some youth players progression time. He's a disgrace to the badge & a stinking attitude to the young players.
This 'local lad' nonsense stuck us woth Wellbeck and Lingard before and now it's Rashfords trump card.
He's not happy on the left, he's not happy on the right, not happy upfront. Happy enough on the booze in Belfast, he should have asked Larne for a contract, but even they would have effort requirements.
If Brailsford and Co don't sniff out this waster quick smart then they're no better than the Glazers.
PSV is his level

SAFMUTD

Grow up.
What a load of shit, doesn't matter what he says he has to back it up on the pitch and he hasn't. Don't care how many allegedly contracts he turned down as a youngster he's lazy on the pitch and his body language is garbage.

SAFMUTD

Yeah can't imagine anyone getting over that.... besides all the actual elite players of course.

InfiniteBoredom

Come back to me when he has his effigies burned, or a bunch of angry blokes turn up at his doorstep.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
If my manager is shit then I will be more likely turn to being shit myself within his company! There's roles for a reason to run a company or a club.

Judging the top played employee when the whole team is shit aswell as primarily the manager themselves (who employed all these shit employees) seems like an 'obvious' thing to do by many people; especially the people from downstairs roles looking up at them ;)

Rashford shouldn't be our top payed player or even top played - but I see too many holes in Ten Hag's managerial ability to single out Rashford's performances and work rate as primarily his own problem. Ten Hag doesn't even have the balls to drop him and try get Rashford out of his feet and his mind out of his arse.

I'm just blaming the root of the problem rather than the cause of the problem.

Get a top level manager in or even a top level DOF which we seemed to, then decide if Rashford's good enough in a better system.

All that Ten Hag does is improve players individual ability as we saw both at Ajax and United first season where the team was built for him by - the roles of the people above; rather than build it for himself. I can mention so many players Ten Hag has improved individually in his managerial career - but has Ten Hag ever built an amazing tactical system that gets mostly both the players and the fans in ultimate confidence because they have an ability to see or understand a system?

No, not really.

And I can personally see players with lower work rate because they have like 1/10th of the work rate of park ji sung or even Antony being affected by this.

Funnily, enough - I think Ten Hag has overvalued 'work rate mentality' as a single way to judge players especially with his purchases - Antony, Onana, Malacia, Mount, Amrabat, Weghorst, Casemiro and Lisandro Martinez - are all extremely hard workers with strong mentality - but arguably just 1 or at maximum 2 players have had other top abilities within themselves to look like top purchases at this club. Ten Hag has worked better with the players already at the club than the players he himself has bought in.
Just because your superior is shit doesn't mean you have to be shit as well, if that's your take it says more about you than anything else

Malons

He doesn't track back because of MySpace and we invent mental health issues for him because we prefer that narrative to drawing the conclusion he's a bit crap?

Rooney24

Just get rid and bring this circus to a close.

one good season and he thinks he’s gods gift.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
You're right. He's not shown enough to be on the same level as other 60m+ players like Mudryk, Antony or Havertz.
Unlike the 3 players you have mentioned, other than PSG I just don't see any other club can afford Rashford's wages. He still has 4 years left on his existing contract. The market for selling Rashford is extremely small.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
It's all always so over the fecking top.... but it is what it is. What can you do?

I'd get my head down, stay off any social media and just work on my game if I was him. The majority will stfu once he's back in form....
It's not all the same, i.e. a single group with illegitimate criticism. The criticism he has warranted throughout this season is lack of effort, which is a pretty basic requirement. He's been woefully out of form, but it is the aforementioned shite work ethic that has seen him lose a lot of people who'd otherwise sing his praises.

I think he'd benefit from a change of scenery to be honest.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Unlike the 3 players you have mentioned, other than PSG I just don't see any other club can afford Rashford's wages. He still has 4 years left on his existing contract. The market for selling Rashford is extremely small.
The fact that there is a club who have had a longstanding interest in him, and are about to lose their best player who plays in Rashford's position, is exactly why we will be able to sell him this summer for well over 60m if we wanted to. It doesn't matter if multiple clubs aren't in for him. The interest from one club alone is enough to command a big fee for a player, as we saw with the Antony transfer from Ajax.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
A new low in terms of excuses.
We can add that to the list of what Rashford needs to perform at his best;

Needs a girlfriend
Needs to play on the left
Needs Shaw behind him
Needs to not be depressed
Needs the right winger to be performing
Needs to not be the main man
Needs the internet to be deleted

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
The fact that there is a club who have had a longstanding interest in him, and are about to lose their best player who plays in Rashford's position, is exactly why we will be able to sell him this summer for well over 60m if we wanted to. It doesn't matter if multiple clubs aren't in for him. The interest from one club alone is enough to command a big fee for a player, as we saw with the Antony transfer from Ajax.
Good luck with PSG's interest in Rashford as Mbappe's replacement.

Lyng

Doesn't really matter to me.

I assume you would work harder for Pep Guardiola than working hard for someone as rubbish as me in a management position.

Similarly- Rashford knows Ten Hag is a poor manager and is simply not trying for his manager & still gets chosen by who? The manager.

Shows how average Ten Hag is.
A lot of wild assumptions there....you should apply for a job at Talksport

Green55

How many of these social media warriors have he had in our team over the last 10+ years?

Lose games and not trying their best while posting on social media "We go again" straight after the match. Fecking sick of it.

He had a great season last year because he was fighting for a fat new contract. The second he gets it, he turns into Ali Dia.
Well said.
Had a feeling the purple patch wouldn't last too long but wasn't expecting things to be this bad. Its a crying shame that the squad has been so badly managed as he shouldn't be anywhere near the bench never mind starting. You'd think he was prime Mbappe the way he strolls about. He's a defenders dream opponent - he'll never make a challenge and if you don't move out of his way he'll run into you. A more passive player you'd never meet

Telsim

Just seen the PRashford act. Not really interested in words, to be honest. Show it on the pitch, don't tell us, and especially not by using a crafted piece.

But I think the club can do a lot better in that position anyway.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Elite players are able to block out outside noise, it's one of the reasons they are elite in the first place as there have been countless footballers that had unbelievable talent but couldn't handle the pressure/criticism/fame etc.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Just seen the PRashford act. Not really interested in words, to be honest. Show it on the pitch, don't tell us, and especially not by using a crafted piece.

But I think the club can do a lot better in that position anyway.
Yeah I really think people have blinders on when it comes to "how will we replace his production?" when the truth is his production over his 8 years here isn't anything special and that's not counting his general play or anything else.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Cheers. Some pretty reliable journalists have said there's genuine interest from PSGs side, so I don't think we'll need much luck to receive an offer from them.
They seem more focused on signing a CF like Osimhen, as Goncalo Ramos has been a bust.

Barcola has shown some very promising signs the last couple months and they also have Kolo Muani who is probably best as a wide forward on the left. That is two young right footed forwards who play best on the left in which they have invested recently. And Ousmane Dembele has the RW locked down.

Given that PSG clearly had real interest in Rashford as an Mbappe replacement in the past, its pretty natural to have that link continue to pop up in the media. But they invested big in two guys who are best in Rashford's best position last summer.

Ralph1386

People who "clearly" love the organisation they work for show it everyday through the work they do. He shows nothing but contempt for the club with his disgraceful lack of effort, so get off your high horse
This.

At 26 years old, he has already downed tools on four managers so far in his United career! Mourinho, Solsjkaer, Ragnick and now ETH. Managers are not beyond criticism, but he has been the common thread of underperformance across all of these different managerial stints.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
They seem more focused on signing a CF like Osimhen, as Goncalo Ramos has been a bust.

Barcola has shown some very promising signs the last couple months and they also have Kolo Muani who is probably best as a wide forward on the left. That is two young right footed forwards who play best on the left in which they have invested recently. And Ousmane Dembele has the RW locked down.

Given that PSG clearly had real interest in Rashford as an Mbappe replacement in the past, its pretty natural to have that link continue to pop up in the media. But they invested big in two guys who are best in Rashford's best position last summer.
PSG is basically linked with everyone in the market because of Mbappe's potential departure. From Rafael Leao to Osimehn.

Doracle

This.

At 26 years old, he has already downed tools on four managers so far in his United career! Mourinho, Solsjkaer, Ragnick and now ETH. Managers are not beyond criticism, but he has been the common thread of underperformance across all of these different managerial stints.
I’d love to see the explanation of how he downed tools on Ole or Mourinho. Rangnick I can understand, although I don’t agree with it. He’s also more or less responsible for Erik still being manager after his efforts last season.

Ralph1386

I’d love to see the explanation of how he downed tools on Ole or Mourinho.
Nobody’s going to give you one. All you have to do is watch the games at the end of their respective tenures, and if that doesn’t convince you that he downed tools then no explanation will change your mind.

He’s also more or less responsible for Erik still being manager after his efforts last season.
No he’s absolutely not, many other players in the squad were much more influential inside and outside the pitch last season. But starting him regularly this season is one of the reasons why ETH is facing the sack. And it’ll be the same for the next manager if they’re naive about him.

Last edited:

git_united

Nobody’s going to give you one. All you have to do is watch the games at the end of their respective tenures, and if that doesn’t convince you that he downed tools then no explanation will change your mind.

No he’s absolutely not, many other players in the squad were much more influential inside and outside the pitch last season. But starting him regularly this season is one of the reasons why ETH is facing the sack. And it’ll be the same for the next manager if they’re naive about him.
He wasn’t solely responsible for keeping ETH in a job. But no other player was more influential on the pitch.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
That is some proper mental gymnastics. Mild criticism online is why Rashford plays like crap. Couldn't make it up. How do you think Rashford would fair in the 70s and 80s dealing with racist hooligans? Or the absolute shitstorm that Beckham had when he was sent off for England?