Marcus Rashford signs new deal with United | 4yr + 1

Lee565

Considering Ole is going to give the main striker role, if he doesn't deliver then the club would be wise to get rid of him whilst he's still has high stock and young enough for other teams to believe it's worth paying over 70 million for him when considering what Zaha's valuation is, only stumbling block now though is how many other teams would offer him the same crazy high wages if wanted to move him on?

tonnas

Absolutely ridiculous amount of money, says a lot about the club if we can be fleeced so easily by anyone.
if he went with another club they would have offered him the same.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Considering Ole is going to give the main striker role, if he doesn't deliver then the club would be wise to get rid of him whilst he's still has high stock and young enough for other teams to believe it's worth paying over 70 million for him when considering what Zaha's valuation is, only stumbling block now though is how many other teams would offer him the same crazy high wages if wanted to move him on?
Exactly. Difficult to shift if things don't work out.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Now that we give Rashford a big fat contract, its time for him to show us the performances and goals. I guess 20 goals a season isn't really high expectation for him now? Harry Kane is in similar wage, yet he scored around 30 goals a season.

Ed9

Great news! Well done Rashy. All the hate is idiotic.

KennyBurner

Why do these sport newspapers love spreading misinformation? I'm hearing its actually 150k per week with lots of incentives like goals scored, fa cups, champions league medals eg. I mean i know woodward is a mess but offering a striker who has scored 27 goals in 3 season 250k is way above him. W might need to put a disclaimer in the thread title.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
At least 15 PL goals next season please.
200k a week for 15 league goals... I really like Rashford. He’s a good prospect but he could still go either way and then we are stuck paying a 25 year old striker 200k a week who hasn’t kicked on. Where do we go from there with him? He will have his life’s money made in 5 years and doesn’t really have to do anything else now. There’s very little financial incentive to improve or fight for his place if the manager stops picking him. We are paying these lads as if they are amongst the best players in the world. They clearly aren’t. Hopefully the club sees something I can’t see with a lot of these players and they magically improve next season after their renewals. I don’t see it though.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
We now have both Martial and Rashford on +200k a week salary, something worth only superstars while both can't even get past 15 goals a season or so. :houllier:
If Martial or Rashford were playing for Liverpool or City last year they absolutely would be scoring 15 goals a season, and I would fully expect them to be getting 20+. They have both been playing in a completely disfunctional side that will invariably effect their ability to score goals. If they were struggling to find the net playing for an inform side then that would be a concern.

Bestie07

If Martial or Rashford were playing for Liverpool or City last year they absolutely would be scoring 15 goals a season, and I would fully expect them to be getting 20+. They have both been playing in a completely disfunctional side that will invariably effect their ability to score goals. If they were struggling to find the net playing for an inform side then that would be a concern.
It isn't one or the other though. They are at least part of the reason we are dysfunctional.
It's easy to say they'd be scoring 20+ for Pool/City but would they be starting for them or if they were starting for them would those teams be as good as they are now.

mariner85

I predict he'll score 15 goals before mid season. If our team shows enough creativity he might go on to score 30. If he can get at least 20 in PL alone that would be the icing on the cake. Fingers crossed.
If he can achieve the level of performance expected by Ole, I'm more than happy for him to earn every penny he wants.

AJ10

Good news but stupid wages.

People moaning about a young inconsistent player, wouldn't be surprised to see same posters wanting Untied to develop players like pool and spurs.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
It isn't one or the other though. They are at least part of the reason we are dysfunctional.
It's easy to say they'd be scoring 20+ for Pool/City but would they be starting for them or if they were starting for them would those teams be as good as they are now.
They aren't the crux of our issues. Conversely if we put Sterling or Salah in our team last year both would struggle to post even close to what they achieved, and we could well be having a similar discussion as we are now. Martial would not start for either side because of his (or lack of) work ethic. I beleive beyond doubt Rashford would be a regular though.

izzydiggler

Earning top wages as first-choice striker at one of the biggest clubs in the world. Fair enough of the club see him as worth but being judged as 'future talent' or 'potential' stops with it. Needs 25 goals in all competitions at a minimum.

Probably only worth £195k per week, not a penny more. I’m bashing my keyboard with outrage...

Footballers wages are absurd, they are not rational, and cannot be related to any job that anyone has on here. It’s pretty futile to compare one player to another as well. It is what it is - couldn’t give a toss.

It’s good news that he’s signed, OGS clearly has faith in him, and he’s one of the few players who care about the club - and that doesn’t mean he shouldn’t negotiate. Would anyone here accept less money for the job you currently do, just because you like your job/ employer? Not a single one of you.

MrBest

This is a really good post. Rashford and Pogba take so much of the weight of expectations in this team, they look isolated. Yes Rashford missed some sitters but he is 21 and you cannot question his desire. Is worth 200k, no, is any player for 20k, no. It is what it is with money, i just want him to now have the opportunity to push on with hopefully some good players behind him. I do not want to see rashford chasing back the ball in our box for 90 mins.

Born2Lose

Nobody knows what any of the players are really on, and if you believe City's accounts you're as dense as some of the people who work at Uefa/

the chameleon

Yeah compare Striker with player who played most of his games as winger and also as a sub. Thats a valid comparison.
He's not exactly a touchline winger though. My main point is that his £200k plus bonuses isn't justified.

This season he turns 22, he'll be a few months older than Ronaldo was in his first 20+ goals season. This will be his big test.

He's taken on a lot of responsibility. There's Ruud Van Nistelrooy, Rooney or Tevez to fall back on.

He's gonna have to step up to justify that wage.

KennyBurner

They aren't the crux of our issues. Conversely if we put Sterling or Salah in our team last year both would struggle to post even close to what they achieved, and we could well be having a similar discussion as we are now. Martial would not start for either side because of his (or lack of) work ethic. I beleive beyond doubt Rashford would be a regular though.
That part is insane. Which attacker in the top 6 could rashford bench exactly? I understand martial not being a regular on work ethic alone because he does have the talent but rashford? Even if we inlcuded wide forwards to the discussion Im struggling to see who he replaces in any team other than Arsenal.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I’m not anti Rashford at all but with the terms of his new deal he needs to perform. No more talk of potential, this is not a contract for potential stars and I hope he now realises what is going to be expected of him.

Kick on dude.

Sparky Rhiwabon

That part is insane. Which attacker in the top 6 could rashford bench exactly? I understand martial not being a regular on work ethic alone because he does have the talent but rashford? Even if we inlcuded wide forwards to the discussion Im struggling to see who he replaces in any team other than Arsenal.
Aubameyang or Lacazette??

0le

I'm glad he has signed a deal. I think if his base salary is £200k/ week then its too much, but its probably something like £150k/week plus bonuses.

People are obsessed with his lack of goals, but really the important thing to note is that he is still young enough to develop and mature. Some players just develop faster than others. An excellent example is Van Persie who had similar returns at Rashford's age. You also have to factor in he has often played on the wing rather than as a main striker.

KennyBurner

Aubameyang or Lacazette??
I actually dont really rate Lacazette and Aubamayeng that much. lacazette isn't effective over 90 minutes and we already have a limited striker in Luakaku so no need for another in aubamayeng (also he is ageing). The question though is about WIDE FORWARDS which include iwobi. Im pretty sure rashford should bench iwobi.

Web of Bissaka

Happy he extended his contract for a huge long years.

Worried he'll lose his head, and how much is his new wages? if it's over high.. hopefully he won't get worse.

Time for him to step-up.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I actually dont really rate Lacazette and Aubamayeng that much. lacazette isn't effective over 90 minutes and we already have a limited striker in Luakaku so no need for another in aubamayeng (also he is ageing). The question though is about WIDE FORWARDS which include iwobi. Im pretty sure rashford should bench iwobi.
Nah Rashford is poor out wide

buckooo1978

so the consensus seems to be 150k plus bonus up to 200k

strange how many jumped on the 300k narrative

reckon this is a good deal considering his contract situation, ability and potential

LoneStar

Great news! I really hope he can kick on this season and score at least 15 PL goals.

Right now it's unclear where he might be playing but I expect much more in terms of goals if he plays as a striker.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Great news. The type of player, character and profile we should build our team around.

Hopefully’ll take another step up next season, and put his name in amongst the best in the league.

haram

Look at all the pressure on the lad. This could end very badly.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I hope they have 50% of his pay based on performance levels. It's an aggresive type of contract from a club but he's 21 and that sort of money should really really be earned.
If he lives up to his potential then 9-12m pounds a year is really peanuts for United. Signing a striker with his potential will be 80m+ regardless.