Marcus Rashford Statement

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He really is an exceptional character.

pacifictheme

Can't not like this guy. Just a class act really.

Playing through injuries because we have no one else.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don't know why he keeps playing with injuries if that's the case. Just seems unprofessional on our part to persist with it.

Also it's never been about effort with this team. We always give our all. It's about cohesion, fluidity of our football, collective quality etc where we end up lacking.

tomaldinho1

I simply don't understand how social media can't perma ban the feck out of these idiots. Flag the IP address.

Best PR in the game.

Not even sarcasm. Kelly Hogarth got PR Week's communicator of the year last week for exactly these type of statements. She's earning her money.

Although they should probably start insisting on edit privileges for future sit-downs - or just keep using friendlies like Henry Winter and Sally Nugent - so we don't get this type of 'I don't even know my Twitter password' feck up again.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He's a nice guy.

I'd love a skilled guy.

The end.
And therein lies the problem with our current fanbase. Can't love our own because there may be more skilled replacements out there.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I love Rashford, he’ll turn the tide sooner than later with his performances but no matter what, there is a goodness and kindness in his core that is pure and gold.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Just an all round top human being. It’s genuinely heartbreaking to read.

Raveneye

I don't know why he keeps playing with injuries if that's the case. Just seems unprofessional on our part to persist with it.

Also it's never been about effort with this team. We always give our all. It's about cohesion, fluidity of our football, collective quality etc where we end up lacking.
Because an injured Rashford is still the best or second-best option on the left forward position that we have. And our alternative is also important to the middle.

That said, hope he takes a proper break for operations and a full recovery now. I don't want this man to have his career unnecessarily shortened.

SAFMUTD

If anyone needed proof he's struggling with injuries. Just let the man rest FFS.

Suedesi

Just the 40 goals in the last two seasons playing with or returning from injuries.
Marcus had a nightmare last night, Ole should have subbed him (or better yet not started him). There's no room for sentimentalism at the highest levels, if he's not fit he shouldn't have played.

El Jefe

I know this will be an unpopular opinion but isn't it somewhat counterproductive giving light to online trolls regarding racism everytime they use slurs and derogatory terms.

BBC News, Sky sports make these main headlines and the club release statements speaking out against it but it all ends up being rather pointless and giving attention to the pathetic trolls. Make no mistake, if we played again tomorrow and Rashford missed a penalty to lose the game, the racist idiots will call him the same slurs.

I've lost count of the number of times it has happened this year alone.

At this stage, I feel players should just report the accounts and hope they get banned. A lot of us that use social media know there are deplorable and immature scumbags on there, as long as they have an outlet to spew hate they will do it. The worst thing you can do to an online troll is give them no attention, all these statements from player, club, media etc just fuels their craving of attention even more.

I know this may read like I'm asking for racism to be ignored but I view it as asking for attention seekers to be ignored unless they are real accounts. All hate in person such at stadiums and the like however should always be reported and statements should be released for these.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Emphasises the importance in signing someone whether it be Grealish or, preferably (imo) Sancho, so Rashford can get a good rest.

His fracture from being overplayed, and the tight schedule due to the pandemic has not helped him at all.

Suedesi

This isn’t about football though. It stops being about football when they bring his colour into it.
Vile cum stains who racially abuse players based on their skin color are the lowest form of trash. I wish they'd be prosecuted to full extent of the law.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Vile cum stains who racially abuse players based on their skin color are the lowest form of trash. I wish they'd be prosecuted to full extent of the law.
It’s almost like they tolerate Rashford’s colour as long as he’s banging the goals in, but as soon as he misses a sitter he’s blown his right to not be abused. He’s only 23 and sounds so fecking done with it. What’s wrong with people?

criticalanalysis

Because an injured Rashford is still the best or second-best option on the left forward position that we have. And our alternative is also important to the middle.

That said, hope he takes a proper break for operations and a full recovery now. I don't want this man to have his career unnecessarily shortened.
Any injured player should not be the best or second option for any club. Even if your name is Messi or Ronaldo and you play in a one team league, even at 10-20% reduced ability, you are being carried by your team mates in such fine margins. With Rashford he looks barely at half capability.

It's on Ole and on himself to make the right choices.

FreddieTheReddie

I know this will be an unpopular opinion but isn't it somewhat counterproductive giving light to online trolls regarding racism everytime they use slurs and derogatory terms.

BBC News, Sky sports make these main headlines and the club release statements speaking out against it but it all ends up being rather pointless and giving attention to the pathetic trolls. Make no mistake, if we played again tomorrow and Rashford missed a penalty to lose the game, the racist idiots will call him the same slurs.

I've lost count of the number of times it has happened this year alone.

At this stage, I feel players should just report the accounts and hope they get banned. A lot of us that use social media know there are deplorable and immature scumbags on there, as long as they have an outlet to spew hate they will do it. The worst thing you can do to an online troll is give them no attention, all these statements from player, club, media etc just fuels their craving of attention even more.

I know this may read like I'm asking for racism to be ignored but I view it as asking for attention seekers to be ignored unless they are real accounts. All hate in person such at stadiums and the like however should always be reported and statements should be released for these.
When I was a kid and some classmates bullied me, adults always said I just shouldn’t care about it and they will stop if they don’t get attention. It usually works. I think sometimes it would help if we just ignored these idiots.

Raveneye

Any injured player should not be the best or second option for any club. Even if your name is Messi or Ronaldo and you play in a one team league, even at 10-20% reduced ability, you are being carried by your team mates in such fine margins. With Rashford he looks barely at half capability.

It's on Ole and on himself to make the right choices.
Ole made his choices, and they may well have been wrong ones. But reality cares feck all about anyone's ideas of what reserves a club "should" have. Rashford still continued to force goals from nothing even when injured and shit, and we didn't have anyone outside the starting 11 who can measure up this season. I don't think we'd have made top 4 this season if Rashford had gotten all the operation and recovery time he needs.

Next season if we get Sancho (who's apparently even better on the left than the right) and Diallo continues to develop, then we can rotate and reduce the likelihood of injury.

OrcaFat

If he's not fit, he shouldn't play.
In theory yes. Last thing we want is permanent damage to one of our best players.

I personally think he has warranted his place despite being compromised. There’s a thread about squad depth and many saying we don’t have players to come in when form or injuries become a problem. Rashford has been below his best but still better than the alternatives in our squad.

At some point, the player’s welfare must be the priority.

Tony Babangida

He’s got a lot of integrity has Marcus. Big fan. Social media racism and general toxicity must be horrible for famous people.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He’s had a poor season performance wise if not statistically....that being said I’ve no doubt he will turn it around. He’s got all the attributes. In addition he’s an incredible human being and we should be so proud of him.

RedDevilzFox

No idea why he is playing if he is not fit. Again then, that's on Ole.

In all honesty, he is a nice guy and seems to care. He is good enough to be in this team I think but he desperately needs some competition for spots. This automatic starter BS needs to stop. Can't have erratic performances time and again where we don't know which Rashford will show up. At some point promise needs to convert into consistency.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
It's utterly depressing how frequently this is happening. Now feels like it's just inevitable that a ton of mindless, racist scum bags will reach for their phone the minute a game ends and start hammering out the most ville abuse they can muster. Social media platforms need to step up and quickly.

These cretins need to be held accountable for what they're doing, banned from accounts and punished in law.

Posh Red

Probably because even with injuries, he’s still our most productive forward generally. I doubt it’s the first time a player has been in such a situation

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Oh do me a favour mate!!

Not everything is a PR spin. Feck Me. Jesus Wept.

For one there’s no need to any time of PR spin in a situation where the guys getting racially abused for feck sake, take the tin foil hat off for once.

Best PR in the game.

Not even sarcasm. Kelly Hogarth got PR Week's communicator of the year last week for exactly these type of statements. She's earning her money.

Although they should probably start insisting on edit privileges for future sit-downs - or just keep using friendlies like Henry Winter and Sally Nugent - so we don't get this type of 'I don't even know my Twitter password' feck up again.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
I really wish he'd take a break and not go to the Euros and focus on his rehabilitation but unfortunately, we all know that's not going to happen. I really don't get the point of going to the Euros half fit and potentially exacerbating your injury. Tbf, the same could be said about Rashford playing through his injuries over the past few months.

Ultimately only he, the medical staff and Ole really know about the true extent of his injuries. Hopefully it is being managed adequately but I do have my doubts.

At the end of the day, the racism is inexcusable and the offenders should be punished accordingly.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
His character is flawless, but he does really need a long recovery.

Oranges038

He's a great lad. Comes across well and we all know he does a lot outside football.

On the pitch he's always been a bit hit and miss. Yes he scores goals and provides assists, there's also no denying that he can be frustrating. I think that's where most people get annoyed with him on the football side, it's often the simple things he gets wrong.

On the physical side of things, if he's injured he shouldn't play. If he continues to play while not fit or with injuries holding him back he'll be done by the time he's 30. In Keane's book he described how Ruud would feel a sligt twinge and not take part, where as he would be in pain and do everything he could to play. He lamented that because of it he needed hip operations but Ruud still looked fresh.

As for the racists, I read earlier he said that one of them was a maths teacher. He should have named the cnut. I don't like twitter and all that shite social media much, stay away from.it as much as possible.

To me this is just modern day hate mail, except these idiots don't have to go through the effort of making it up, finding his address and posting it. Now it just takes a few seconds to post whatever crap they want and think nothing of it. Some of these people that post this stuff to him should have their digits removed.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Just the 40 goals in the last two seasons playing with or returning from injuries.
Plenty of Europa League goals in there and 1 goal in the league since January. I get that he’s been productive and I admire his heart if he’s playing through pain but the managers over use of him has hampered our attack too often. I think his form going forward is the elephant in the room if we want our forwards to click and win us a league or a CL. He needs to be taken out of the team on current form. His spot at the euros might even be under consideration at this stage. He doesn’t look fit enough to go.