Marcus Rashford vs Tammy Abraham

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Anyone else think theyd play well together for england. Well worth a go.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Rashford on 14 goals for the season, Tammy on 13. 2nd (joint) and 5th top scorers in the league this season respectively. Would have to say Rashford has been, and is, the better player due a having a wider range of good performances, and also against better teams. Should be noted, however, that Abrahams has played 200 minutes fewer than Rashford.
Rashford I think has arguably been the best forward in England so far this season. He has more goals in all competitions than anyone other than Sterling, and Sterling plays for a team who create about 30 times as many chances as United. A fair chunk of United's chances are created BY Rashford. Mane, Salah, Aguero etc. are still better players but form wise Rashford has been up there and with his age and ability should be aiming to be at that kind of level.

The main reason this thread hasn't turned into the dumbest thread in history is because Abraham has done so much better than a lot of people expected. Only thing I think he hasn't shown yet is the ability to score against the top teams, but as far as strikers go he's been up there and you have to account for the fact he's only started playing in the PL this season.

Abraham central, Rashford to the left, Sterling to the right. All interchanging. Would be pretty damn good.
Not sure Abraham is the type to interchange with the other two. You'd want him more central as Rashford and Sterling tend to drift all over and you need a target to base the attacks off or towards.

I'd definitely give it a go though. On form for this season alone he's pushing Kane for a starting place, but obviously Kane is going to play if fit as he's far more proven.

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
Both scored this week, both near the top of the goal scoring charts. Despite this i don't think the comparison of these two players is as straightforward as the thread seems to imply given they don't play in the same position.

Rashford has the slight upper hand on goals scored (14 v 13) however 4/5 of these have been penalties if i'm not mistaken? On the other hand you'd expect Tammy to score marginally more given his more central attacking role and give or take the penalties that is the case.

I do believe Rashford is the better all round footballer, but Tammy will become a better goalscorer in my eyes

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
Drogba stopped a civil war in the Ivory Coast, just putting it out there...

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Tammy is a passenger, Rashford is the driver.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
This thread is amazing, Welbeck, Glorified Welbeck :lol:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
So many shit posts in this thread, comparing him to Welbeck and so many other pathetic insults.

Btw anyone posted in this thread to admit they got this one horribly wrong? Some of the posts in this thread should end up in classics and also this thread should be in classics.