Marcus Rashford vs Tammy Abraham

cyberman

If we had a swap deal with Rashford going our way and Tammy going your way then United would be by far the happier of the two.
Genuinely mental.
3 goals since start of October isnt it?

cyberman

We've got plenty of decent players who can play in Rashford's position whilst you have no proper #9. It's not mental, it's obvious.
Martial is better than Tammy!
You have 60m flops and an ptsd ridden wonderkid out there?

hubbuh

If we had a swap deal with Rashford going our way and Tammy going your way then United would be by far the happier of the two.
Quick, someone give gran her meds. She’s off her fecking rocker!

Ace

They said the same about Morata and will likely say the same about the next one-dimensional number 9 Chelsea suit up in a season or two.

I think he’s promising and like that he’s English ——Though unlikely to feature for the National team regularly... But Chelsea forwards (Drogba aside) don’t have long shelf-lives.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Would Rashford be going to Chelsea or Wimbledon?

RUCK4444

No way on earth I’d swap Rashy for Abraham.

Not so long ago Tammy looked a donkey at times while on loan, at least every time I saw him play.

Goes to show how much of a difference playing in a better team makes. I do rare him now but let’s see how his second season goes.

RedCurry

We've got plenty of decent players who can play in Rashford's position whilst you have no proper #9. It's not mental, it's obvious.
Happy? I’d be devastated if we were signing the championship donkey let alone losing our top scorer in the process.

:lol:

Rashford's team is doing worse in the league and he doesn't even play as a centre forward, yet he's still got more goals and assists than Tammy this season. Rashford on the open market would fetch a ridiculous price, Tammy not so much so I'm sure Roman would be a very very happy man.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Abraham's actually done a lot better than I thought he would and has a chance of making it despite the recent drop in form. Yet this thread even despite that still can't qualify as anything above stupid. It seems more spiteful if anything.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Agreed. Kane and Sterling have spots locked up as long as they maintain the kind of form they have been showing. Rashford is ahead for the 3rd spot but Sancho is getting more difficult to leave out too.

I think the Euros will come slightly too soon for Greenwood but we are going to have 6 or 7 really strong options available to us.
I think you'd have to be bonkers to think about not playing Rashford at this point. The front three are all nailed on and in the recent England games Rashford's probably been the pick of them.

I've yet to see Sancho do anything in an England shirt to suggest he should be playing ahead of any of them. He's a potentially very good player but the other three are already consistently making even the best defences they come up against look like a bunch of muppets. Sancho could be doing the same in a few years and then it will be interesting.

It is amazing how far it's come on in such a short time. Four years ago Greenwood would be walking into the England squad just on the back of what he's done at United. Now you have a pick of 4-5 very good attacking players who you already can't justify putting in the first team. Sancho, Abraham, Maddison, Mount, Grealish...that's before you even start thinking about someone like Greenwood.

I also think Kane will be the one causing the headache in a few years time. Because you already have two players in Sterling and Rashford who not only get goals, but who contribute hugely in terms of work rate, movement, stretching the opposition, assists, etc. The batch of youngsters on the fringes are all very similar, where as Kane only offers goals. Not that this is a bad thing when he's scoring 30+ a season, but if you end up with three or more top level forwards who offer goals and more, it gets very difficult to justify having someone static up top in any game where the team is struggling.

Martial - 9 goals in 16 games - 0.56 goals per game
Abraham - 14 goals in 25 games - 0.56 goals per game

I mean, I'm not sure we do have a proper no 9, and I'm not sure you have a good enough one either, but these are pretty good goal return stats from both players.

Rashford is outperforming both despite that (0.65 goals per game), and despite not playing as a striker. The only way based on this season you get scenarios you can argue swapping him might be a good idea is when you start looking at players like Salah, Mane, etc...and even then you have to factor in his age and the fact he's producing in a team that has been struggling. He's the one player we've got who we really can't afford to lose. Although I'm not sure why I'm saying this as you are arguing it is obvious we should swap our best attacking player for a "proper no9" who scores less goals than him.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
:lol:

Sorry to break it to you. No we won’t. I wouldn’t even swap any of Rashford, Martial & Greenwood to Tammy. Tammy imo has lower ceiling than those three as a player. And beside, why would we be happier to lose our goal scorer at wide position for centre forward? It’s always nice to have goal scorer not just in the middle.

He has scored 11 league goals so far this season so credit where it is due (Rashford also scored 11 and assists more from left side). However, I don’t think he’s good enough to play in top club, I might be wrong on that because any “especially‘’ young player including him can still improve but I have seen centre forward at your club like Drogba, Anelka & Costa. Three of them are not just striker who can score but they won’t get bullied easily by defenders and know how to bring others into play. When I watched Tammy, he often easily bullied by defenders, his hold up play often inconsistent and his ceiling is just way below those three names I mentioned. He has good pace and good positioning when he is in the box but that’s about it.

VJ1762

Wait till 2 or 3 years to judge them. Abraham is the focal point of a relatively inexperienced Chelsea team, while Rashford plays in a dysfunctional United team.

Tony247

TA can effectively play with his back on the goal. That CF skill is extremely important in breaking down teams camping around the box. Man Utd have no player who can exhibit that skill. Rashford and Martial both like to come in from wide. Between them Martial is more of no. 9 but without skill of playing his back on the goal, like RVN, D Costa, Drogba. Greenwood can be of that player but somehow he is happy on the right and scoring goals so let him be.

There is no real comparison between Rashford and TA. But with my prejudice of no. 9s, if I ever have to choose, with their current form, I will go for TA.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
You're right, let's swap Lingard with Tammy instead. Will be much better for you.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
TA can effectively play with his back on the goal. That CF skill is extremely important in breaking down teams camping around the box. Man Utd have no player who can exhibit that skill. Rashford and Martial both like to come in from wide. Between them Martial is more of no. 9 but without skill of playing his back on the goal, like RVN, D Costa, Drogba. Greenwood can be of that player but somehow he is happy on the right and scoring goals so let him be.

There is no real comparison between Rashford and TA. But with my prejudice of no. 9s, if I ever have to choose, with their current form, I will go for TA.
Martial is very good with his back to goal.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Tammy looks like a top player. To be thrown out there so early in his Chelsea career as a centre forward isn't easy, and he's risen very well to the challenge. He misses a few baffling ones like most young strikers do, but scores a lot more turning up in the right place at the right time. He's strong, fast, links up play well and can finish from a lot of angles. No doubt he will be a reliable goal scorer for years to come, with so much yet to develop and learn.

Rashford, however, is something else. Keeping aside his obvious phenomenal talent (dribbling, pace, technique, movement, skills, finishing, strength, athleticism), his desire and mentality to get better and better is Ronaldo-esque. He stays late in training, keeps himself incredibly fit and seems to be adapting very well to his change of muscular frame. He gives us no fuss off the pitch and works tirelessly till his tanks are empty - every single game, he backs himself in tough situations over and over with the belief that he can pull it off because he's shown he can.

Rashford been through some difficult years since his debut, and has more often than not carried the burden of goalscoring for Man United. But he's handled the massive expectations very well - something far more experienced players (Sanchez, Lukaku) could not do. Just look at his performance in big games (against top 6, CL/EL goals) over the last couple of years - he's our go-to man when the stakes are high.

Rashford's ceiling is potentially far higher than Tammy's, and it is scary because he's playing out wide in this dysfunctional United side which offers almost no creativity from midfield or from our full backs (Chelsea CMs/FBs have 11 PL assists, United have 6).

I wouldn't even take Tammy + Willian for Rashford. Martial on the other hand - that could be interesting and much closer.

VJ1762

Tammy looks like a top player. To be thrown out there so early in his Chelsea career as a centre forward isn't easy, and he's risen very well to the challenge. He misses a few baffling ones like most young strikers do, but scores a lot more turning up in the right place at the right time. He's strong, fast, links up play well and can finish from a lot of angles. No doubt he will be a reliable goal scorer for years to come, with so much yet to develop and learn.

Rashford, however, is something else. Keeping aside his obvious phenomenal talent (dribbling, pace, technique, movement, skills, finishing, strength, athleticism), his desire and mentality to get better and better is Ronaldo-esque. He stays late in training, keeps himself incredibly fit and seems to be adapting very well to his change of muscular frame. He gives us no fuss off the pitch and works tirelessly till his tanks are empty - every single game, he backs himself in tough situations over and over with the belief that he can pull it off because he's shown he can.

Rashford been through some difficult years since his debut, and has more often than not carried the burden of goalscoring for Man United. But he's handled the massive expectations very well - something far more experienced players (Sanchez, Lukaku) could not do. Just look at his performance in big games (against top 6, CL/EL goals) over the last couple of years - he's our go-to man when the stakes are high.

Rashford's ceiling is potentially far higher than Tammy's, and it is scary because he's playing out wide in this dysfunctional United side which offers almost no creativity from midfield or from our full backs (Chelsea CMs/FBs have 11 PL assists, United have 6).

I wouldn't even take Tammy + Willian for Rashford. Martial on the other hand - that could be interesting and much closer.
This reads like a love letter :lol:.
I have never been the biggest fan of Rashford, but this season he has cut down a lot of his mistakes(running into blind alleys, shooting instead of passing, taking on 1 too many). He still has a long way to go, but there is hope for him after all. He has also changed his freekick routine for shorter distances and has improved his decision making.

In regards to Martial, I think he needs to stay fit. Both him and Pogba seem to have fitness issues every season. I definitely wouldn't swap Martial for Abraham though, although this could change if Abraham keeps getting better.

We also never seem to create many gilt-edged chances. Most of the time, it's just our forwards picking up the ball from deep and creating chances for themselves. This makes the misses by them very glaring.

VJ1762

On the subject of swapping, we will give you Fred for Kante.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
This reads like a love letter :lol:.
I have never been the biggest fan of Rashford, but this season he has cut down a lot of his mistakes(running into blind alleys, shooting instead of passing, taking on 1 too many). He still has a long way to go, but there is hope for him after all. He has also changed his freekick routine for shorter distances and has improved his decision making.

In regards to Martial, I think he needs to stay fit. Both him and Pogba seem to have fitness issues every season. I definitely wouldn't swap Martial for Abraham though, although this could change if Abraham keeps getting better.

We also never seem to create many gilt-edged chances. Most of the time, it's just our forwards picking up the ball from deep and creating chances for themselves. This makes the misses by them very glaring.
He's easily my favourite player of the current United setup. I don't mind being guilty at all. :lol:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
At least the usual useless "Tammy equalled Rashford's record and it's still October" nonsense is stopped, which had 0 context but didn't stop usual posters to shit on Rashford.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Tammy looks to have the talent to be some player, and is doing really well. But Marcus is way more talented, has way more potential and in my opinion on his way to becoming a monster of a player. Don't think anyone supporting United would be happy swapping him for Tammy.

Ibi Dreams

I wouldn't swap based on performances and talent, and that's without the fact that Rashford is a United academy talent from Manchester.

Is it a bit early to be rating Abraham this much? Admittedly I don't watch him much, but I feel like Rashford has shown his class over a much longer period of time

Ace of Spades

As I said before, the comparison was never valid in the first place. Abraham is CF and Rashford has been playing as a winger for majority of the time from the season start. Pointless thread.

Is it a bit early to be rating Abraham this much? Admittedly I don't watch him much, but I feel like Rashford has shown his class over a much longer period of time
Well yeah obviously, Rashford's been a PL player and England regular for few years now. Rashford is absolutely miles ahead of Abraham who's had a good 3 months followed by a "meh" couple of months.

meamth

Equal on goals this season(in PL) and this thread hasn't been bumped recently for some reason. Hmm.
Don't think this should be a comparison.

One plays on the left, another play centrally.

Proper comparison would be:
Martial vs Tammy Abraham

meamth

No fecking way.

You can't simply replace Rashford in Oles at the wheel song. No way.

"Tammy Abraham is manc born and bred.."

No way.