Marcus Rashford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brightonian

This spell playing as a centre-forward still feels like a stroke of genius to me. Not only for the positive effect on his game (as in my earlier post above) but also because it's somewhat taken the edge off the hype about that tiny brilliant dribbler who came into the U18s a couple of seasons ago. It's rarely good for a player to so obviously be the star of his age group. The video shows that he's still very much got those tricks and that flair to his game, but playing as a CF he hasn't just been indulging that ability 24/7.

khoazany

One great finish and one great individual goal. He's really pushing on well this season.
Wouldn't be surprised if he follows the "Wilson path" and taking this form into U21s football comes January onwards.Looking more and more like a real striker as opposed to a converted one.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Good luck to him. Knowing van Gaal, good chance he will feature.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I like Fletcher but I don't really see anything in him to suggest he'd make it here. Rashford looks a much bigger talent and I'm glad he is being involved. van Gaal is looking at the even younger prospects and I like that.

LR7

Red-hot Rashford.

Will be great for him to be with the first team.

championo

Top Stalker
I like Fletcher but I don't really see anything in him to suggest he'd make it here. Rashford looks a much bigger talent and I'm glad he is being involved. van Gaal is looking at the even younger prospects and I like that.
If this is what he will do, i will be patient with Van Gaal forever. Nothing gives me the borner than seeing youth being embedded into the senior team. This is how you build a team that if they win can sustain the success for a generation and not a flash in a pan I thought we were heading with all these buyings.

dogwithabone

Looks like he's got the physicality to step up. Whenever youngsters, at any PL club, are suddenly thrown in they are often shown up in the way they are easily handled by more experienced opponents but the physical side of it can be a leveller. Has this lad got any pace ? I've seen bits of him but not enough to tell how quick he is.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Looks like he's got the physicality to step up. Whenever youngsters, at any PL club, are suddenly thrown in they are often shown up in the way they are easily handled by more experienced opponents but the physical side of it can be a leveller. Has this lad got any pace ? I've seen bits of him but not enough to tell how quick he is.
No worries about his speed. If he gets the chance he will light a defender up. Rashford is rapid, and unlike Wilson, I think he's also far more in control of the ball when he's flying too.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Didn't start, but is on the bench. Lets hope he doesn't need to come on for Memphis with the latter having done the job already. :P
I'll be happy if the job is done, and he gets some minutes tbf

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
No worries about his speed. If he gets the chance he will light a defender up. Rashford is rapid, and unlike Wilson, I think he's also far more in control of the ball when he's flying too.
They've both got excellent control at high speeds. If anything, Wilson edges it.

m1y2

"So I had Marcus Rashford on the bench. He is a fantastic talent, but Wilson is a player who already has more experience in the Premier League."
Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/jones-herrera-injuries-big-problem-van-gaal#QGrtc2sKOHWfFGJZ.99
its looking really good lately with youngsters, the new crop mking the bench on a quite regular basis, tunzebe, CBJ, now Rashford, wonder how many of them will make it. Not many but still its good to see Van Gaal using them and giving them chance, good stuff from him and in my view the advantage of small squads.. but lets wait if we enter the market in the winter and the summer and other players to be fit again..

khoazany

"So I had Marcus Rashford on the bench. He is a fantastic talent, but Wilson is a player who already has more experience in the Premier League."
Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/jones-herrera-injuries-big-problem-van-gaal#QGrtc2sKOHWfFGJZ.99
Clearly LVG's a fan (hard to not be tbh).Good to see.

If he does make it as a striker the academy coaches especially McGuinness need to be given tons of credit.

Hope this promotion from LVG will get him promoted full-time to the U21s soon.We need to get our best talents to be ready.No messing about.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
I know its extremely unlikely but he might have impressed Van Gaal enough in training for him to consider loaning Wilson out
Any playing time at the moment with the current intesity of the games would be a huge show of faith.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
i know that being a part of the team and sitting on the bench has positives but he isnt playing for U18 because of that and i think that at this stage playing is the most important thing....hopefully he will be moved to U21 so he can do both, playing on monday/friday and sitting on the bench for the first team on saturday/sunday.

kundalini

Will gain a lot from Wilson's loan move.
Training with the first team. Sat on the bench 6 - 10 times. Might get 10 mins if we ever happen to be 3-0 up. I suppose he might get more U21 mins than otherwise.

Sigma

I would have liked him to come on, we were dire attacking wise anyway so he couldn't possibly be any worse.

khoazany

i know that being a part of the team and sitting on the bench has positives but he isnt playing for U18 because of that and i think that at this stage playing is the most important thing....hopefully he will be moved to U21 so he can do both, playing on monday/friday and sitting on the bench for the first team on saturday/sunday.
He certainly will play U21s football from now on.It's a joke if someone already made first team bench have to play U18s football (apart from FA Youth Cup)

Last edited:

khoazany

Heard he's not making the bench today because Lingard is back and LVG considers him as a wideman instead of striker apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.