Mark Lawrenson

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
is there a scruffier football analyst on telly?

He's getting worse looking week on week. Clean yourself up!

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
It's part of Liverpool's new 'non-cooperation with the media' campaign to Free the Suarez One.

Ray Peterson

Reserve Team Player
Scruffy and smug with a face I'd never tire of punching. He gets the ffwd treatment whenever I watch MOTD.

SteveJ

Scout
Hey, don't pick on Lawro - he might quit & then we'd miss out on his punditry expertise:

"I think Barcelona are quite good."
"I predict that United will beat Tesco Rovers."
"Is that a pigeon on the crossbar?"

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
I've said it before, he sounds like he doesn't like football. Always sounds miserable on commentary. Also, he's stupid.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
I had the choice between one moaning ex-liverpool cnut Houghton on RTE and Lawro on BBC. It says a lot about that little miserable Scottish cnut that I choose BBC..

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
I had the choice between one moaning ex-liverpool cnut Houghton on RTE and Lawro on BBC. It says a lot about that little miserable Scottish cnut that I choose BBC..
Come on, I know he's not the most popular of commentators but this man gave us two of our greatest ever moments supporting our country. A bit more respect is needed

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
Come on, I know he's not the most popular of commentators but this man gave us two of our greatest ever moments supporting our country. A bit more respect is needed
All respect for him is gone after listening to him slate United for years on weeknights, and then blow about Liverpool the night after. He's a top notch prick, and those moments have been soured slightly by the fact it was him involved.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
I think Ashley Young might have bedded his wife at some point.

To be fair to Lawrenson, at least he doesn't blindly ignore England's faults all game. I found myself nodding my head in agreement in a sort of "yeah, he's right, we're actually so shite" kind of way throughout tonight's match.

Was funny listening to him let out a sigh disappointment when Henderson was coming on and all.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He's so annoying when he commentates. So biased at times and offers zero insight whatsoever.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
The Tutu joke was cringeworthy
Come on, it was fully intended as a naff joke.

I don't mind Lawrenson, simply because he says what he feels. That said, I don't really get all this hating of commentators as they don't really have a bearing on my view of the game.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
The thing I like about him is....that Liverpool fans fecking loathe him.

And that's good enough for me.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Listening to him made me want to self harm last night...

Jesus christ it was abysmal, wishing a player would get injured, acting like a spoilt little brat, constantly moaning and groaning and being in general a sarcastic cnut. If anyone at the BBC has any sense and a set of balls then they will sit him down and tell him in no uncertain terms that his job is to commentate and not to act like a spoilt child throwing the toys out of his pram.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Last night was unacceptable and I honestly think he should be fired for his performance. He was completely unprofessional, and spent most of the time grunting in reply to anything the other commentator said. When he wasn't grunting, he was making sarcastic jibes. How can any TV company think this man deserves to be in a position where he speaks to millions of people?

OneUnited24

I think yesterday his best moment came when miller unintentionally hit a italian defender in the head, lawro was adament he was play acting. On the replay the other commentator said it looks like he was kneed in the side of the head to which lawro responded "exactly so there's no need for him to hold his head"... Umm what?

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Last night was unacceptable and I honestly think he should be fired for his performance. He was completely unprofessional, and spent most of the time grunting in reply to anything the other commentator said. When he wasn't grunting, he was making sarcastic jibes. How can any TV company think this man deserves to be in a position where he speaks to millions of people?
It was insane, and I fully agree with this. It got to the level where the other guy said 'So, what does he have up his sleeve', and Lawro responded with a sarcastic, 'His shirt.'

What the feck....

Member 39557

Smug bell-end with shit hair and a sarcastic mindset. He should be nowhere near the commentary or punditry positions he has obtained. It's about time the old-pals act between him, Lineker, Hanson and Shearer is scrapped. It's tired, predictable and boring which sort of mirrors the England performance!

Plan M

Smug bell-end with shit hair and a sarcastic mindset. He should be nowhere near the commentary or punditry positions he has obtained. It's about time the old-pals act between him, Lineker, Hanson and Shearer is scrapped. It's tired, predictable and boring which sort of mirrors the England performance!
Agree with all of that.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Credit to him though for bringing Dalglish's drinking to the public's attention - it might not have been his place to do so but I think it has increased our understanding of Kenny and his actions over the last season, and perhaps made us a little bit more tolerant of the old soak.

But yes he is terrible - maybe the BBC should have Mick McCarthy commentating on all their games? :p

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
By Brazil 2014 he's just going to respond to every attempt by the co-commentator to engage him by vomiting black stuff everywhere.

SteveJ

Scout
The Beeb have kept Alan Green on for years, despite many listeners' dislike of the man; so they won't be firing Lawrenson unless he beomes a practising Satanist or something.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Can ye Irish take him back? Along with Keane.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
To be honest I felt sorry for Mowbray, he was actually trying to commentate on the game and Lawro was giving pathetic one word responses at times or just replying like a sarcastic twat.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Come on, it was fully intended as a naff joke.

I don't mind Lawrenson, simply because he says what he feels. That said, I don't really get all this hating of commentators as they don't really have a bearing on my view of the game.
I think what frustrates people is when pundits like him get paid insane amounts of money when they offer zero insight: no better than the average football fan who knows his stuff. If they were on peanuts, then nobody would have a reason to be so bothered at all, but when he gets paid as much as he does and doesn't offer anything, it can be rather frustrating to listen to.