Marko Arnautović | United have pulled out

El Presidente

After his stint in China he ended up at fecking Bologna a midtable club in Serie A and now here we are with Manchester United trying to sign him. Dude probably can't believe his own luck. Ofcourse he would push for a move. Why wouldn't he when by all means he would be atleast doubling his wages on a lucrative 3 year contract.
Going for Arnautovic is madness.
Offering 33 year-old Arnautovic a 3-year contract should be reported to the authorities.
What am I actually seeing.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Jaysus - and that is what they voted over?

Er...and they ended up going with "colonial" style?

Their logo is still the old one - yes?

I can sort of understand it, actually. If you're going to have a shite, completely anachronistic and offensive logo - why not go all the way?

What should we do:

A) Keep the original (anachronistic, ugly as feck, clearly offensive) logo?

or

B) Tone down the most obviously offensive parts - but still keep an anachronistic (and just plain silly) silhouette of a "Moorish" person as the central part of the logo?

Yeah - I might be tempted to vote for just keeping the original abomination.
Left is old, which was colonial and the right one is the updated neutral one they now use. Though naturally the old one is still plastered on every other pub or hut.

avgp_1

I guess Ronnie is done and EtH just wants bodies up top, that's how precarious our situation is. Arnie might be the cheapest available for the short term

R'hllor

Its gonna be great when OT crowd cheers his name, hell hope muppets stick to tradition and make a chant for him right away.

kunal18

Why dint we go for Scamacca ,who scored 16 goals in Serie A ,was only 23?
Even teams like West Ham are recruiting more sensibly than us.
And we are signing their rejects after 5 years

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Left is old, which was colonial and the right one is the updated neutral one they now use. Though naturally the old one is still plastered on every other pub or hut.
Aha!

Well - then it's actually even worse than I thought.

Or something.

The old one is definitely the one coming up when you google it.

ETA It's actually the one used on Wikipedia (auch die Deutsche Version).

Godfather

I like him, I've always rated him when he was younger but he's 33 now. With signings you need to think for the future and build for the future. E.g. Cavani, what was the point of signing him? Teams like City and Liverpool don't sign such old players. We need more than a stop gap.
Yeah I agree. Piss poor planning all around

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Damn, 2014? Time flies.
Visionary words from Ed.

We ended up doing multiple idiotic moves that no other well run club of our stature would've dreamed of making in the years following his statement.

So, technically, he was right.

Gavinb33

The lad who sits next to me at OT told me this at the end of the match and I was like this has to be absolutely bollocks, and then I come out the stadium and its on every platform and its true.

If this is EtH driven he needs to be guided by Murtough and others on other players who are on the scouting lists, if it's him or no one then it should be no one and they give Hugill or Mcneil a chance they should absolutely not allow this to happen in any way shape or form

djembatheking

Never thought I would see the day that Manchester United were desperately chasing Arnautovic. We are done. Gary Nevilles reaction says it all.

DSG

feck me. Never in a billion years would I have thought Mario Arnautovic would pull on a Man United shirt unless he bought it at the stadium store.

Jesus. The depths this club has sunk to…

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Why not someone like Isak or if you're looking for a experienced target man why not Moreno at Villarreal ?
Why do we have to go after this cnut.

MrSingh2002

We need "MUFC say no to racism" trending on social media...

Maybe the only way of getting this stupid club to u turn on Arnautovic

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Ighalo was atleast here for a short period while being primarily a back-up, plus was a United fan and wasn't such a absolute weapon.

United just get more shambolic as time passes.

AdNani

This is all on the manager. I can only imagine the reaction Mourinho would illicit if he had tried a signing like this when he was here.
i think There was links with him when mourinho was here, not sure though, it made no sense when i thought it was a stop gap, 3 years is ridiculous

acnumber9

Why not someone like Isak or if you're looking for a experienced target man why not Moreno at Villarreal ?
Why do we have to go after this cnut.
Does Ten Hag know him personally? If not, we aren’t signing him.

BerryBerryShrew

We needed a racist at the club apparently.
Maybe they think this is like a "gateway" signing- if they can sign a massive racist bellend and there is no furore, then they will feel emboldened to bring Greenwood back into the fold?

acnumber9

i think There was links with him when mourinho was here, not sure though, it made no sense when i thought it was a stop gap, 3 years is ridiculous
That would’ve been at least 5 years ago. Before he semi retired in China.

GloryHunter07

My only hope is that this is part of a strategy to get other deals over the line.. encorage players to kick up a fuss… wishful thinking?

micmac

They said the club does a thorough background check to make sure players have the skills and can fit into the club culture! One would think the Social Media team or the janitor would’ve googled this guy…