Marko Arnautović | United have pulled out

Fooza

I'm all for this

This signing may get us from an 8th position finish to 8th position come end of the season

Ambitious

The Red Thinker

This is like a year 1 Klopp signing. Not to great on stature but someone who will run a lot and follow instructions. Arnautovic had a period when he was a bit of a diva, but he’s since redeemed himself.

edit: damn I forgot about the racist cloud around. Feck.

Keefy18

This is like a year 1 Klopp signing. Not to great on stature but someone who will run a lot and follow instructions. Arnautovic had a period when he was a bit of a diva, but he’s since redeemed himself.
:lol:

You can't seriously believe this?

We shouldn't be anywhere near this signing, its absolutely embarrassing to even be linked with him.

SER19

This potential deal, while Haaland is aiming for a debut hat trick, pretty much sums up the gap between us and what glazers have allowed us to become.

They're champions and keep getting better, we're rubbish and keep getting worse. Cavani for arnautovic is a drop in what was a low bar

Delano

This fabeled "character" that we look for in players... what is it? Because whatever it is, it's questionable.

Tbh, few transfer links have pissed me off as much as this one. A Short-termist approach for a racist wanker who's nowhere near good enough. It sums up our lack of strategy and our lack of money. Horrendous.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
:lol:

You can't seriously believe this?

We shouldn't be anywhere near this signing, its absolutely embarrassing to even be linked with him.
Yeah. I'm understanding of the need for a short term stop gap .. but seriously? Arnautović? What the feck is he going to do? Its a joke. The Glazers are an embarrassment with our lack of spending this summer considering the competition.

Master Yoda

Isnt this your typical interaction between Serbs and Albanians when it gets heated? I wouldnt call this racist at all, more like temper issues. Arnautovic should know better as a professional player.

Now as a signing.... I refuse to believe this is true...

izec

I think this is what baffles me. How can this possibly be the best we can come up with. Surely even in the state we're currently in, we can do better?
We can do better, but there is either no ambition or no money to do better. We basically have no scouting department. If Ten Hag wanted Robin van Persie from retirement to lead the line, the club would back him and think he knows what he is doing.

Keefy18

Yeah. I'm understanding of the need for a short term stop gap .. but seriously? Arnautović? What the feck is he going to do? Its a joke. The Glazers are an embarrassment with our lack of spending this summer considering the competition.
Well as much as I'd like them gone, we very much are pursuing the managers targets... this is on ETH and his coaches.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I think this is what baffles me. How can this possibly be the best we can come up with. Surely even in the state we're currently in, we can do better?
Not if you have shit people working here who have no clue. Psg this summer is proof enough ffs

Fooza

Surely this can't be true, EtH said they buying the right players when he did the skysports interview the other day

So if we do get him, I will be baffled

Godfather

We can do better, but there is either no ambition or no money to do better. We basically have no scouting department. If Ten Hag wanted Robin van Persie from retirement to lead the line, the club would back him and think he knows what he is doing.
You hardly need a scouting department to come up with something better than Arnautovic.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
City sign Haaland, we roar back with Arnautovic. We taking the top of the premier league to WAR.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Cause it's a bittersweet symphony this life
Try to make ends meet, try to sign Arnautović then you die

TsuWave

I need to find a way of not paying much attention to football. Need to disconnect from this.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Well as much as I'd like them gone, we very much are pursuing the managers targets... this is on ETH and his coaches.
Uhhhh I mean we are just refusing to meet the price for multiple other attackers.

Godfather

The funny thing is he was actually a really decent footballer 5-10 years ago. Comfortably our best player in Austria. But even for him we come way too late

OleGunnar20

Honestly, a 14 year old with access to Football Manager could come up with a list of names more appropriate than this lunatic..

Hopefully there's nothing in it.