Marko Arnautović | United have pulled out

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I keep telling myself that Ten Hag found a player in Haller, who was undoubtedly worse in the PL than Arnautović. Then I keep reminding myself that he’s a racist piece of shit and I go right off the idea again.

Keefy18

Uhhhh I mean we are just refusing to meet the price for multiple other attackers.
Such as? The only forward we walked away from is Nunez.

Fact is ETH has got 3 of the players he's desired and wasted a summer on a 4th (De Jong).

Idxomer

The funny thing is he was actually a really decent footballer 5-10 years ago. Comfortably our best player in Austria. But even for him we come way too late
Weren't we linked with him when Mourinho was the manager?

Woziak

If we sign Anautovic I officially give up see you in the championship I’ll take that if the Glaziers leave !

Nero

Surely if we bring his racism incident back to the fore it may force the club to withdraw interest?

spiriticon

Honestly, if we are ok to have shady characters in the team then just bring Greenwood back?

Will cost 0 money and be twice as good as fecking Arnautovic

Skills

Snitch
Can we check if Ten Hag's got no links to the agents of various players we've been linked with it?

Better to find out now, than in 5 years time in some panorama reveal that he was taking a cut from our summer signings. Totally type of thing, we as a club will be naive enough to fall for as we're besotted with the manager.

predator

Youth NITK
I've always rated him. Like a smaller, less talented version of Ibra.

Also, if the majority of the caf say they don't want him - he will turn out a decent signing.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
He's a racist.
He's a fecking prick and a racist but let's not leave any path for a racist woman-beater open at this club.

Ideally neither of them, but just because we're getting one doesn't mean we should accommodate the other scumbucket.

spiriticon

He's a fecking prick and a racist but let's not leave any path for a racist woman-beater open at this club.

Ideally neither of them, but just because we're getting one doesn't mean we should accommodate the other scumbucket.
Well I would have neither of them at the club too so we can defo agree there

But if we're actually paying money to bring Arnautovic to the club, I just wanna jump off the nearest bridge

TsuWave

in 2013 did you guys think it was going to get this bad moving forward?

gormless

I thought it would take spectacular mismanagement on an unimaginable scale for us to not get a couple of league titles over the next 10 years. I think I posted how we were almost too big to fail…

turns out I didn’t need to imagine the mismanagement

AndySmith1990

Nope. I'm genuinely shocked at just how badly this club has been run and how we continually decline. It's so severely incompetent that it's verging on sabotage at times

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
10 years ago around this time we were about to sign RvP (or had just signed him) and now we are being linked with this nobody, bloody hell.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Would be one of the most shameful signings we’ve ever made and a true indication of how badly run we are. Which means it’s absolutely certain to happen.

Teja

Nope. I'm genuinely shocked at just how badly this club has been run and how we continually decline. It's so severely incompetent that it's verging on sabotage at times
I'm shocked that it took the owners 10 years to realize Woody was crap. And I don't think they even realized that, the super league thing was a blessing in disguise that forced Woody's resignation. They were still trying to convince him to go on.

saik

Honestly, a 14 year old with access to Football Manager could come up with a list of names more appropriate than this lunatic..

Hopefully there's nothing in it.
Now, I'm no 14 year old but I already did mention my striker shortlist from FM in that other thread about potential striker options.:cool:

Sadly few of them are already snapped up like Scamacca, Nunez, Vlahovic and Lucca. We are just left with Sesko now.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I thought that we would win nothing other than a couple of cups for the next decade. The only thing that I didn't expect was for Moyes to leave that early, I expected a bit more stubbornness from the club.

croadyman

Underwhelming with a capital U after being linked with Sesko, didn't pull up trees at West Ham either.

AndySmith1990

In resent times Arsenal and Liverpool have sank much lower. We could go there too, easily.
Liverpool sunk slightly lower in the Hodgson era, but they recovered fairly quickly and were playing some incredible football with Rodgers. For us it's almost 10 years of complete and utter rubbish, with no light at the end of the tunnel in sight

Shark

@NotShark
I drunkenly posted a few months back that United could be going the way of Leeds. The reality of that is becoming much more solid with each action of our board and owners. Club is being run like a badly run circus. Not even a functioning one.

Bobski

He is a big lump with strong technical abilities who can lead a line, hold the ball up and bring others into play.

And a dickhead.

Abraxas

He would give us something that we don't have. Which is saying more about us than how good a 33 year old Marko Arnautovic is. He's a big presence up front, has personality on the pitch, and used to run the channels quite well on his day. Let's be honest he was a tough bugger to play against when on form.

But it can't possibly be the best available option. It might be the cheapest, most pragmatic option, but no way near the best. I'd want to know what the genius plan is for next year if we get this stopgap.

Chip

Our "noisy neighbours" from City have signed Haaland who is firing on all cylinders right from the get go. Meanwhile we're scrambling to sign a 33 year-old Marko fecking Arnautovic after being humiliated by Brighton once again. How the mighty have fallen...

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
My 2013 opinion:

True, there are deficiencies in our squad, certainly enough to prevent us winning the title now that SAF is gone. That said, there's no way we should finish outside the top four, that would be an absolute disaster. Even outside the top three would be extremely disappointing, we're still Manchester United, we shouldn't implode within the space of one season.
Stupid, stupid child.

sancho1983

Surely this is as low as it gets under the Glazers? What an absolute farce