Marko Arnautovic

Status
Not open for further replies.

CA1

He's a lower table lump, average and inconsistent player. He's nowhere near the level we need to get back to the top.
He's not a lump any stretch of the imagination.

He has far more to his game than Martial for example. Martial is a one trick pony.

His problem is consistency and temperment. He's techically good, decent pace, good on one on one duels.

coolredwine

lameredboots
You have a point but specifically upfront when Lukaku is injured I guess there's no presence. Rashford can't be relied on to lead the line yet and Jose has a style which always relies on a tall physical striker. He needs that and won't take a risk on just Lukaku staying fit.
We are being coached by Big Sam or Tony Pulis.

Rajma

You have a point but specifically upfront when Lukaku is injured I guess there's no presence. Rashford can't be relied on to lead the line yet and Jose has a style which always relies on a tall physical striker. He needs that and won't take a risk on just Lukaku staying fit.
I would rather move Sanchez upfront, he is used to playing upfront. Anyway, I prefer someone like Madzunkic whom is much more proven and easier to offload if things do not work out well with Jose.

haram

People want Fellaini out, well this is the type of player that will be his replacement as a back up. If people think Savic would be replacing someone like Fellaini, they are wrong.

Bojan11

We are being coached by Big Sam or Tony Pulis.
What you going on about?

A lot of teams have these big strikers up front. Is Potchetinno a Big Sam or Pullis because pretty sure he signed Llorente last summer. Conte signed Giroud.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
This is surely bollocks, he's a canny player but he's not exactly top class or consistent, for me he's maybe a squad player for a top 6 club but not someone you'd want if you're hoping to really challenge for the league

Rajma

He's a bit of a wildcard isn't he? Hasn't really played in a dominant side yet so hard to say if that will suit him. I'd take him as a back-up to Lukaku if he's cheap. If not I'd rather we get Talisca to give us the presence Jose desires. He's also a bit of a wildcard but younger and more potential IMHO.
we’re not a dominant side by any stretch of imagination yet.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
He just moved to west ham last summer, saved the club from relegation, and is west ham's player of the year. He won't come cheap. He will not be a bench player if he joins Utd.

M Bison

Supports
York City
This would be the second most underwhelming signing in recent years...hope this doesn’t come off.

kidbob

I always thought he was a midget. Like really bloody small. When did he become tall? Does that mean I'm tall too?

CA1

Every defender in the land knows what Martial is going to do.

Have a look at Arnautovic's goals and tell me how many of them Martial could score.

You can count on one hand the amount of goals Martial has scored where he's not coming across it on his right foot. He's been found out.

C'est Moi Cantona

Hopefully Duncan is helping Jose feed us a 'red herring' of a rumour, because if this is true then I'm even more worried about next season than I was already.

coolredwine

lameredboots
What you going on about?

A lot of teams have these big strikers up front. Is Potchetinno a Big Sam or Pullis because pretty sure he signed Llorente last summer. Conte signed Giroud.
A lot of 'big' teams also don't have these big strikers up front. What's your point?

To stay on topic: Arnautovic has done or shown absolutely nothing to play for a club such as Manchester United or to even merit a transfer. The silly season fever is on.

Sparky Rhiwabon

You rate him that highly? I'm not convinced. Would much rather we went for someone like Jamie Vardy.
Well, I think he'd be better than Rashford, Martial or Lingard and they get plenty of playing time between them. Plus he can play up front or off the striker as well. He's not the best player we could get but still better than what we have imo. He needs managing carefully though - can Jose do that?

Bojan11

I always thought he was a midget. Like really bloody small. When did he become tall? Does that mean I'm tall too?
Eh?

He’s 6 foot 4, Bobby. Think you mistaking him for Shaqiri.

Bojan11

A lot of 'big' teams also don't have these big strikers up front. What's your point?

To stay on topic: Arnautovic has done or shown absolutely nothing to play for a club such as Manchester United or to even merit a transfer. The silly season fever is on.
You do realise these two players are being talked about as backs up. We not going to sign Icardi or Belotti as back up.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Every defender in the land knows what Martial is going to do.

Have a look at Arnautovic's goals and tell me how many of them Martial could score.
Arnautovic had 0 goals and assists in the first 16 games of the season.

Going by your logic, we can also sign Quagliarella. So yeah.

Rajma

What about his attitude though? I’m sure Jose wouldn’t be looking at someone with such a questionable mentality after slagging off players all season for it. Surely just media bullocks.

CA1

Arnautovic had 0 goals and assists in the first 16 games of the season.

Going by your logic, we can also sign Quagliarella. So yeah.
How many would Martial score towing the line at West Ham?

He'd do nothing but run into blind alleys trying to veer out left to cut inside.

coolredwine

lameredboots

He'd do nothing but run into blind alleys trying to veer out left to cut inside.
It doesn't matter how many Martial would score at West Ham because he doesn't play for fecking West Ham.

Rajma

Oh feck off with your hypothetical nonsense, he is playing for the likes of Stoke and West ham for a reason at the age of 29.

Bojan11

And therefore, we should sign average as feck players. Absolutely sound logic there mate.
Mandzukic who has played for Atletico, Bayern and Juve is average? I’d say he is better than average mate.

Morpheus 7

He's not a lump any stretch of the imagination.

He has far more to his game than Martial for example. Martial is a one trick pony.

His problem is consistency and temperment. He's techically good, decent pace, good on one on one duels.
Wow, to even compare Martial to him is unbelievable. Might be one of the most ridiculous things I've heard in here. I suppose we all see football different.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
What about his attitude though? I’m sure Jose wouldn’t be looking at someone with such a questionable mentality after slagging off players all season for it. Surely just media bullocks.
His attitude isn't a big problem anymore, especially off the pitch. Since he has his family, he is quite calm now, nearly no negative press about him anymore.
Sometimes if things aren't working on the pitch, is frustrated with his mates. Think he knows, that he is better than most of his mates.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Mandzukic who has played for Atletico, Bayern and Juve is average? I’d say he is better than average mate.
Mandzukic has been a starter at all the clubs he has player for and has performed at the highest level.

Wait, how did you go from Arnautovic to Mandzukic?!

CA1

Oh feck off with your hypothetical nonsense, he is playing for the likes of Stoke and West ham for a reason at the age of 29.
Lets see where Martial is playing at that age.

He'll be in the French League and he won't be playing for PSG put it that way.

He's not a footballer's footballer. Terrible off the ball movement. And then people on here wonder why all the ex-pro's in the media give him a hard time.

Bojan11

Mandzukic has been a starter at all the clubs he has player for and has performed at the highest level.

Wait, how did you go from Arnautovic to Mandzukic?!
Because your moaning we signing another big lump because we being coached by Big Sam apparently.

Arnautovic isn’t Andy Carroll you know. Mandzukics record speaks for itself.

They both better options than starting Rashford who can’t control a ball when up front or offers very little.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Because your moaning we signing another big lump because we being coached by Big Sam apparently.

Arnautovic isn’t Andy Carroll you know. Mandzukics record speaks for itself.

They both better options than starting Rashford who can’t control a ball when up front or offers very little.
Mandzukic has played and performed at a higher level though, so no idea why you are comparing him to Arnautovic.

Therefore, I ask again, why should a club like Manchester United sign average as feck players?

coolredwine

lameredboots

He's not a footballer's footballer. Terrible off the ball movement. And then people on here wonder why all the ex-pro's in the media give him a hard time.
:lol:

Rajma

:lol:

manutddjw

So fecking frustrating. The scousers who already have a better attack are trying to sign Fekir and we’re trying to sign Arnautovic. Good times.

fellaini's barber

Talking down Martial to big up Arnautovic just to justify the fact that Jose might be after is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this forum. One trick pony ffs...

Morpheus 7

Which rotation player would you go for?
Griezmann?
No, I don't think we need another huge name. I think we need a good footballer to rotate with Lukaku, maybe work on what we have instead of looking for hoof route one football. Maybe try Martial up front in a different system, instead of getting a player who is 29 and has been playing at West Ham.

T A

Wow he’s 29. Thought he was like 25 or 26.

Definitely Mandzukic for me. Played for top teams and has bags of experience. Would cost less and doesn’t rely on pace.
I was very suprised at it too. However i think he's still a better choice as RW than Mata/Lingard, his strength of physicality will help him do well in PL for few more years

coolredwine

lameredboots
The question is more that our cheque-book manager doesn't know any other way to play football? Sign big-man up front, lump ball forward, hope.

AkaAkuma

People disregarding Arnautovic would probably be all over us signing a similar player like Richarlison.

I think Arnautovic has found his game and would offer us a lot in the short term - more than Martial and Rashford, despite their potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.