Marouane Fellaini | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

NM

I hope the match going fans don't criticize every touch because of his price tag. He didn't choose it. He is settling in now, and will hopefully be a good player for us. I don't understand "fans" wanting him to fail.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
No chance he will get banned for that. The ref saw the incident and was quite happy to award just a free kick.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Was it a stomp really ? I thought that they both went for the ball, Tomkins was just a bit faster and got it with the sliding tackle and Fellaini must've clipped him somewhere there.

Allardyce is just one sorry wanker who turned those cnuts into another Stoke, hope they get relegated.

JaapStam1986

Fellaini has shown improvement in recent weeks but he really needs to step up his game when he comes up against big Yaya. Only worry for me is that if Fellaini can't handle him, he will just lose his head, cause silly fouls on Yaya and could even get himself sent off.

finneh

He will always be a useful asset in games like Saturday vs teams who are direct, however the encouraging thing is that he is now doing the basics well.

I still look at him and think he'd fit in better in the oppositions team however. The games where he will struggle are against better teams that pass and move, as I still think his lack of mobility is dangerous. He's much better without Carrick next to him though.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Hopefully by next season the price tag is forgotten
I don't think it will be. Sadly it's one of those things that will always linger in some fans' minds, and no matter how well he does, his style of play won't ever warrant enough praise to justify his price tag. We could have got him cheaper, we waited too long to get other players, didn't get them and so panic-bought him. He had a rocky start after we bought him through a wrist and back injury, yet through coming back from injury he hasn't really put a foot wrong, yet we still find people flooding in saying "it's so painful seeing him out there" or "I can't believe we bought him for £27.5 million". He's playing the game he always plays as a defensive midfielder for us, perhaps a little within himself still, but he has kept our midfield ticking really nicely with his quick passing and added "steel" to our game. The price tag won't be forgotten by the true haters, but as long as he plays like this for us regularly then I couldn't give two fecks about it.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
We paid 28m for a player who can only play against relegation fodder. Brilliant.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
You all know my views on him. Doesn't need repeating. He's probably got the mentality but just hasn't got the ability.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Been absolutely useless today in this first half. Was woeful at the etihad as well. That elbow was also extremely unnecessary and cnutish.

jeff_goldblum

It'd be nice if we could keep the histrionics to the match-day thread. Fellaini's been no worse than most of the others so far, though something tells me their threads wont receive a similar treatment.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
One of the most ineffective first half midfield performances I've ever seen from a United player.

I never post from the ground at half time, but this warrants it.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
It'd be nice if we could keep the histrionics to the match-day thread. Fellaini's been no worse than most of the others so far, though something tells me their threads wont receive a similar treatment.

None of them were stupid enough to do this. And then moan about a card.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
He started very badly also looked confused at times of where he should be. Lucky not to get a red

But he improved and seems to have settled

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Where is he playing? Why is he stuck on the left wing and then bombing forward leaving Carrick as the only CM?

Kag

The big games don't suit him, I must admit. He looks so much better against the weaker teams. Shouldn't be on the pitch either.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
He just isnt good enough at the things required for a United CM.
He isnt outstanding at anything bar being a target man in the 10 role-which we dont need.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Can someone make a gif of Carrick running past him to nick the ball away from City as Fellaini plods along? He could at least act like he cared.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
He's honestly an incredibly stupid player.

A lazy git as well.

I want rid, I'm tired of trying to be positive about him whilst he's utter shite.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
But thats the problem. We pay 27mil for a player and it doesn't improve is one bit. We have enough mediocrity in the centre of the pitch already.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
If half of our players had the bit of needle in them that Fellaini has, we wouldn't be fúcking rolling over at Old Trafford every other week.

Get a grip, for feck's sake!

We've been fine in the final fifteen minutes once we settled. It was plain as day that City's gameplan was to try and blitz us in the first ten minutes as we've struggled to win from behind this season, especially at Old Trafford. They're not going to be able to keep it up all game, and we have seen encouraging signs from our lads towards the end of the half.

I still fancy us, and Fellaini, for that matter.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Probably most laziest player in our squad alongside Evra(who isn't lazy today).

kps88

Where is he playing? Why is he stuck on the left wing and then bombing forward leaving Carrick as the only CM?
He seems to be spending most of his time wide left trying to link up with Evra for some reason. It's hilarious.

acnumber9

I'm not sure how having a team of thugs is going to improve our fortunes. He's a liability.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
If half of our players had the bit of needle in them that Fellaini has, we wouldn't be fúcking rolling over at Old Trafford every other week.

Get a grip, for feck's sake!

We've been fine in the final fifteen minutes once we settled. It was plain as day that City's gameplan was to try and blitz us in the first ten minutes as we've struggled to win from behind this season, especially at Old Trafford. They're not going to be able to keep it up all game, and we have seen encouraging signs from our lads towards the end of the half.

I still fancy us, and Fellaini, for that matter.
If the referee had any balls, we'd be down to ten men.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
He just isnt good enough at the things required for a United CM.
He isnt outstanding at anything bar being a target man in the 10 role-which we dont need.
He's also a total head case. Elbow in front of the referee. Are you mad bro?

Status
Not open for further replies.