Martial agent looking for a new club for him

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Duncan Castles is terrible source. He has no clue, his connection is only something related to Mourinho.

However, may be do straight swap deal between Varane and Martial will be an ideal business for everyone. Real Madrid need a new attacker, we need a new centre back.

This entire forum moans about the quality of our squad - we’re signing sancho in addition to what we have to create competition for places - like city have and like we used to have as that breeds a winning mentality.. Unless he’s being sold to fund a move for a top striker then he needs to stay. It’s that simple. Martial goes we have a 34 yr old Cavani who gets injured regularly and Greenwood who isn’t ready to lead the line and may also be needed on the right in the likely event rashford misses a chunk of the season following surgery this summer. James Beattie and Martial are entirely different players so wtf your point is I have no clue.
buy Sancho, Amad for the entire season and Greenwood a year older gives us much more depth that we had last season.

his point was obvious that many players have a good season where they score loads of goals and revert back.

Dante

Average bang
I'd guess it would become:

LW: Rashford, Elanga
RW: Sancho, Amad
CF: Cavani, Greenwood

One established player and one youngster for each position.

I'm not totally against the idea, but I think I'd prefer to keep Martial until the end of next season at least. It's a big risk to fill out a single area of the pitch with so many inexperienced and unproven options.

pascell

I'm not totally against the idea, but I think I'd prefer to keep Martial until the end of next season at least. It's a big risk to fill out a single area of the pitch with so many inexperienced and unproven options.
I think LW will be Rashford & James. Although I hope James has a brilliant Euros to gain interest of a few clubs.

UncleBob

Duncan Castles is terrible source. He has no clue, his connection is only something related to Mourinho.

However, may be do straight swap deal between Varane and Martial will be an ideal business for everyone. Real Madrid need a new attacker, we need a new centre back.
:lol:

hungrywing

Admittedly, he had a poor last season. He'd still be a very valuable and a very good squad player. His languid and relaxed style of play seems to suggest he doesn't work as hard as others and if that is the case, any stats around to prove this and any suggestion of attitude issues from within the club?
A couple of years ago there was that 'distance covered' chart/list that showed him at 7.6 km(?) per game. Lower than the CBs and only above the keepers. No idea if it was true.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
I know Conte has left but I can maybe see Inter going for him because they have had a good time with ex United players.

I don’t see why Madrid would want him even if La Liga as a whole is going a bit in the mud on my point of view.
Inter Milan are skint, can't see them in the market for a player with Martial's fee and wages

Drainy

Sancho covers both wings, as does James who will probably stick around. Greenwood and Rashford would also rotate as strikers and wide forwards.

I expect Elanga to go on loan.

CM

There's no obvious destination for Martial and we wouldn't be likely to get a good fee after last season either. Our best bet is to keep him.

I've said it a few times already but the chances of Martial having a repeat of last season are minimal. He had a good season the year before, if we get him back to (or even close to) that form he's a valuable squad member.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
buy Sancho, Amad for the entire season and Greenwood a year older gives us much more depth that we had last season.

his point was obvious that many players have a good season where they score loads of goals and revert back.
If martial goes we need another striker. It’s fairly simple tbh. I don’t know why Amad is in this conversation - he’s played about 87 minutes of first team football and we’re supposedly trying to compete with one of the greatest squads ever assembled under one of the greatest managers - how about we keep our better players until we’ve replaced them with better options? Wild idea I know.

And no that idea isn’t obvious because it supposes martial has never had good seasons before or that it was somehow an outlier which is bollocks. It also assumes martial offers nothing but goals which again is bollocks. Everyone on this forum going into this season felt martial had finally arrived. He has the talent to be a top player and has shown that form in bursts throughout his career - and he’s only 25 ffs.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
His last league game he was very good against City and we clearly missed him as an option at the end of the season. That's forgetting how good he was the season before. I don't know why so many are keen to write him off.

As for transfer rumours from the likes of Castles, we'd have some squad if we believed them all.

Red00012

I don’t believe it for a second , but I don’t have a problem if he leaves.

RUCK4444

I’m feckin glad Ole isn’t putting up with his half-arsed attitude.

If other players see him let Martial get away with it and it spreads like a virus.

I’ve called his attitude issues for years now, so obvious on the pitch. Good riddance.
let’s sell and get a player who is willing to run for the shirt as a minimum.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
His last league game he was very good against City and we clearly missed him as an option at the end of the season. That's forgetting how good he was the season before. I don't know why so many are keen to write him off.

As for transfer rumours from the likes of Castles, we'd have some squad if we believed them all.
Football fans have a very short memory.
Martial is no slice bread but he's still a valuable member of this squad.
It's all academic cause I am fairly confident he isn't going anywhere.
He has a proper job like all the others competing with the attackers around him. He should relish it.

Eugenius

Highly doubt it. Cavani is 34. We don't have any attacking depth (see Villareal) so buying Sancho and selling Martial doesn't help.

And despite the caf's recency bias, Martial is still a good player. Not a top top #9 but better than Firmino, Jesus, Werner and other players getting games for our rivals.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I’m feckin glad Ole isn’t putting up with his half-arsed attitude.

If other players see him let Martial get away with it and it spreads like a virus.

I’ve called his attitude issues for years now, so obvious on the pitch. Good riddance.
let’s sell and get a player who is willing to run for the shirt as a minimum.
I don't understand how fans can summarily accuse a player of having a bad attitude when they have never met the said player in person. You have no idea if he has a bad attitude.

Andersons Dietician

I’m going to call BS, was only a few months ago Ole was giving rave reviews of Martial and the things he brings to the team. Unless we have a striker coming into be number 2 to Cavani then we aren’t getting rid of him. We’ll keep him at least another season in my opinion and see what happens.

GBBQ

He had a MOTM performance against City and he played well for France before the injury. not that it excuses the bad performances but he’s unplayable on his day.

He’s clearly a hot and cold player but I’d prefer him and Rashford being our left wing options.

Judas

Open to offers
I’m going to call BS, was only a few months ago Ole was giving rave reviews of Martial and the things he brings to the team. Unless we have a striker coming into be number 2 to Cavani then we aren’t getting rid of him. We’ll keep him at least another season in my opinion and see what happens.
Of all the reasons this isn't going to happen this is a shite one. Ole is going to talk in glowing terms about all the squad, he did it with Sanchez for heavens sake.

GMoore23

Martial
Lingard
James
Pereira
Bailly
Dalot

Swap plus cash for Haaland and Sancho. Make it happen.

Reactions: Raoul

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Can’t see it happening this year. We’d be left short. Next season though.
That being said his price drops again if he has another poor season

Karlos PFC

His biggest problem is his attitude. Every time there is another player threatening his place in the starting line up, he just down tools.

If he couldn't compete with that Alexis Sanchez that got here then there is no reason to persist with him any more

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I don’t think we should cash on him just yet. Deserves one more season to prove himself

Andersons Dietician

Of all the reasons this isn't going to happen this is a shite one. Ole is going to talk in glowing terms about all the squad, he did it with Sanchez for heavens sake.
I would say the biggest reason it would be BS is that it’s Duncan Castles reporting it.

gajender

His biggest problem is his attitude. Every time there is another player threatening his place in the starting line up, he just down tools.

If he couldn't compete with that Alexis Sanchez that got here then there is no reason to persist with him any more
No issues with selling him if we are buying a striker along with Sancho but no need to make bs about him struggling with competition .

Zen86

Probably BS, but it would make sense if he was. He’s a talented player that would benefit from a fresh start elsewhere, he’s not really suited to the kind of pressure he receives here.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I think that Martial's time is up. However I think that we need to be careful on how to replace him. Martial can play both as a LW and a STK. Assuming that Sancho comes, then we'll have Sancho, an injured Rashford, James and the very untested Diallo on the flanks with Greenwood and an ancient Cavani upfront. Therefore if we're truly selling Martial then we might as well get rid of the flash as well and add either a top striker or another decent winger. God forbid if Cavani's age/injuries caught up with him and we're left with just Greenwood upfront.

If martial goes we need another striker. It’s fairly simple tbh. I don’t know why Amad is in this conversation - he’s played about 87 minutes of first team football and we’re supposedly trying to compete with one of the greatest squads ever assembled under one of the greatest managers - how about we keep our better players until we’ve replaced them with better options? Wild idea I know.

And no that idea isn’t obvious because it supposes martial has never had good seasons before or that it was somehow an outlier which is bollocks. It also assumes martial offers nothing but goals which again is bollocks. Everyone on this forum going into this season felt martial had finally arrived. He has the talent to be a top player and has shown that form in bursts throughout his career - and he’s only 25 ffs.
that other striker is Greenwood. So yes, Amad obviously is in the conversation… he and Sancho allow Greenwood to play through the middle.

Every team, bar City and PSG have a budget - and you need to balance the bills. That’s a reality.

Martial is expendable.

in a world where money doesn’t matter, then we can buy players and not worry about selling anyone.

if moving Martial on helps us to buy Sancho, a CB and midfielder - I would be more than happy with that.

he gave us nothing last season, Cavani showed us what a traditional no 9 can being to the team - and Greenwood needs more games up front.

happy for martial to stay, but he’s nowhere near integral to the club. Most likely will be a bit part player if he does.

Eddy_JukeZ

Probably BS, but it would make sense if he was. He’s a talented player that would benefit from a fresh start elsewhere, he’s not really suited to the kind of pressure he receives here.
I mean he was pretty abysmal this past season.

Not saying he deserved any of the hate comments he likely received though.

agreed. He talked glowingly about Sanchez and Lukaku! Then gone.

Thankfully we no longer have a manger who throws players under the bus, even if they aren’t part of his plans.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

that's very very dangerous. If either Rashford's or Cavani's injuries caught up we'll end up having to rely on kids to drag us out for the rest of the season. I'd say lets say Martial and James and add a top striker like Isak for example. That would give us the strength in depth we need.

crossy1686

career ending
Player of the season and top scorer last season. There’s really no need to exaggerate.
He was, and it was a very good second half of the season from him but he has never kicked on and hasn't even gotten close to the levels that people think he can. I just don't see Martial being anything other than an okay striker. Cavani has shown us all what a good CF looks like this year

Zen86

I mean he was pretty abysmal this past season.

Not saying he deserved any of the hate comments he likely received though.
He was, but there’s still a good player in there. He struggles for confidence and he’s not particularly well suited to the kind of opposition we regularly come up against now, basically park the bus tactics. I think he’ll end up doing a Depay if he moves.