Martial contract news| United confirm new contract signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Basically he wants to stay at the club irrespective of the fact that Mourinho stays or goes.

Woodward is a fan of him and will offer him a nice pay raise.

RedDevil@84

How much salary hike should he get though?? I can already predict lot of posters accusing each other of hypocrisy, with their view points in the Shaw thread and this thread

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
How much salary hike should he get though?? I can already predict lot of posters accusing each other of hypocrisy, with their view points in the Shaw thread and this thread
Considering he arrived as a prospect who had only played roughly 14 seniors matches, to now being Uniteds I believe second most prolific goal/assist maker in the side (maybe he is first I am not sure) he probably has earned a pay rise.

RedDevil@84

Considering he arrived as a prospect who had only played roughly 14 seniors matches, to now being Uniteds I believe second most prolific goal/assist maker in the side (maybe he is first I am not sure) he probably has earned a pay rise.
How much is good enough is the question. As we saw on the Shaw thread, almost everyone agreed on giving Shaw a new deal. It is the amount of deserved hike which had many posters to get their knickers in a twist

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
How much is good enough is the question. As we saw on the Shaw thread, almost everyone agreed on giving Shaw a new deal. It is the amount of deserved hike which had many posters to get their knickers in a twist
I think the point I am making is that their situations are different. Martial came as a young player with no real experience so his salary would have been low, where as Shaw came as an established PL player. Relative to their progress from those points Martial would deserve more of a hike, anyway with regards to Shaw I don't really believe the story of his salary since his new one is even less than what he was supposedly on when he signed if you believe the press.

el3mel

Shaw didn't deserve that much of a pay rise given his last 4 seasons were either not good enough or being injured and he found his form this season only so we should have waited before giving him a massive pay rise.

Martial on the other hand did more in the last 4 years than Shaw, always takes his chances and clearly our best attacking player. He deserves a pay rise. Surely not to the level of 200k but 150k looks reasonable for me.

Kapardin

Isn't he on 70K? Should bump it to 120K with incentives.

I suppose he sees that the board and fans like him. Mourinho too has started playing him, and if he keeps his head down and plays well, he could become the face of our club for the next decade. Which would do wonders for his brand, considering our exposure.

Red_toad

Just want him signed up and for people to move on from the negative media campaign. Will be over the moon when he signs his new contract, but been hearing the same stuff for months, with no action actually happening...

ShoePolish

Most exciting winger for me since Ronaldo, just feels things will happen when he gets a ball. Comes at no suprise, that he's producing lately, as he finally has been able to string couple of games together, instead of playing 15 minutes in one and then being out in the cold for 5 games. Hopefully Pogba can man up too.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I'm sure we heard towards the end of last season that De Gea wanted to sign too. Hard to make much of news like this until it's official. I hope he does sign though, and soon. The more stability the club can show in the near future, the better, as it's been a bit of a wreckage recently. If him and De Gea could sign within the next few weeks, that'd be superb. Maybe even a Pogba extension, but that doesn't seem likely right now.

He seems to have finally got his spot back and is showing why he should keep it with good performances. Hope it continues, and hope Sanchez steps it up to compete with him.

Raw

It was looking so hopeless a few months back, glad he's likely staying.

Now keep giving him chances!

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Not the same situation. Who would want Shaw and on what terms? I don't think that Shaw would get more than 120k anywhere and on top of that, i don't think that top clubs would want him. At least not right now.
Martial on the other hand, i see as a target of all big guns from Europe so he needs huge pay rise. It is all about market.

lewwoo

Good news. I would give him a run up front when Lukaku is going through one of his dry spells.

Steven7290

Love the kid as a player on his days. Can be infuriating at times and tbh I'm not that fussed if he goes. But i'll be over the moon if we can keep a talent of his caliber.

ROFLUTION

Here I am daydreaming that we could just do a wage-structure based on performance where players get wages compared to their WhoScored rating :drool:

Not a starter Sanchez? Too bad, drive home in this rusty Chevrolet.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Greck

The one thing I'll always have faith in Woodward to handle

Status
Not open for further replies.