Martial exit?

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
The thing is, for 10m Wout Weghorst is about what you can get. I'd rather have Martial then for 3m and use 7m more on a 2nd striker, that's all.
This makes no sense!

You rather have Martial who is so broken now he can’t run, and offered very little when fit and a less than Wout striker than a WC semi final Dutch international?

So Martial is injured all the time and you are playing your 7m striker. For Manchester United. Wow, great.

Can’t sign a decent striker for 10m so you’d rather spend 7m and film the squad with warm bodies?!

Also, Who are you signing in 2024 for £7m?!! (FPL isn’t real, you’re not getting Nunez or Isak for that much)

Seriously, think before you post!

lex talionis

Without any doubt whatsoever I’d have Weghorst over Martial, that is if he’ll forgive us for getting rid of him and keeping Martial, a footballer who will go down in football history as the greatest disappointment in terms of visible potential upon his arrival at Old Trafford and his collapse professionally and personally.

RedUnited86

Having seen his lack of effort whilst he's been a key player, I'm morbidly interested to see just how little effort a Martial that knows he has no future at the club is capable of showing.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Martial's first five seasons really are unfairly talked about sometimes. He had the one bad season (when Mourinho came in and changed his position, took his shirt number away from him, and Martial also had personal issues with a very public break-up with the mother of his child, all at the age of 20), but he also had two seasons where he was arguably our best player and another two seasons that he was our best attacking player when Mourinho would actually give him a run of games but kept getting dropped for worse-performing players.

It was only in 20/21 where it all went to shit, and he later said that he was playing through injury and could barely run that season. Something that was either the start, or perhaps part of the cause, of how physically broken he now is.

Ljungster

Get Rid.. asap should have gone years ago
Why? He is better then Hojlund with the way we set up our game without any wingers who whip in crosses for the striker. Then the few times Hojlund gave gotten chances he have missed them where Martial most likely scores.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Why? He is better then Hojlund with the way we set up our game without any wingers who whip in crosses for the striker. Then the few times Hojlund gave gotten chances he have missed them where Martial most likely scores.
Martial has and is a colossal waste of a shirt the majority of the time he plays.

Comparing him other players ar the club is pointless when he himself is a total dud.

Get him out the fuxking door as soon as someone will take him and get someone else in

Hughie77

Martial isn't consistent enough he's got injured loads of times went on loan they didn't want to keep him, Hojlund isn't the Answer either, to be Honest both arnt good enough.. the only thing Hojlund had hes young and time , Martial has had all that and had 1 good season..

Manc Shaman

Years of abusing him for no reason and he is still quite comfortably our best attacker. The most well rounded and the highest football IQ of the whole front line. Some of you deserve to watch hojlund and mctominay upfront for a few years.

oh and here is our attacker’s stats since the start of Ten Hag’s reign. How people are abusing Martial, I will never understand. if you want him replaced, go buy someone better. There aren't many around.

imgur.com/a/LwD7Bxj

SungSam7

It's like that "would you rather" game. Would you rather have a striker who is always fit but cannot score, or a striker who can't stay fit and has the ability to score?

Back to you Fenerbache.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Years of abusing him for no reason and he is still quite comfortably our best attacker. The most well rounded and the highest football IQ of the whole front line. Some of you deserve to watch hojlund and mctominay upfront for a few years.

oh and here is our attacker’s stats since the start of Ten Hag’s reign. How people are abusing Martial, I will never understand. if you want him replaced, go buy someone better. There aren't many around.

imgur.com/a/LwD7Bxj
There aren't many good forwards about in general but Martial isn't one of them any more sadly.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
He undoubtedly was, it’s not even a question.
He definitely wasn't.

Martial has scored 90 goals for us, Welbeck has 93 goals in his entire career.

Yeah Danny worked hard but he was never more than average even in his best year. Martial in his first year was better than any season Welbeck has had, then in 19-20 hit a peak Welbeck could only dream of.

We should still absolutely get rid of AM but let's not rewrite history. Welbeck is shite.

macmaggy

Ten Hag has just confirmed on Sky Sports that we’re in discussion with Martial about triggering his 1 year contract extension.

I hope this is gamesmanship to give potential buyers a kick up the arse.

If not, we’ve dropped from rewarding mediocrity to rewarding complete shite.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Ten Hag has just confirmed on Sky Sports that we’re in discussion with Martial about triggering his 1 year contract extension.

That would be absolutely mental. Especially at the £250k he’s earning.

didz

All he said about Martial (and Varane) was "We are talking." He was pressed on why the options weren't triggered and he backed away from the question and called it an internal matter.

There is absolutely no reason to believe we are even considering triggering that one-year option - quite the opposite.

macmaggy

You swapped my words for yours, which mean exactly the same thing!

I said ‘we’re in discussion’
You said ‘we’re talking’

The fact that the words martial, contract and extension are being used in the same sentence is extremely worrying.

lex talionis

Mentioned above, I know, but this is so beautiful, so mad, it must be repeated:

Man Utd Martial update

Erik ten Hag has claimed Manchester United are considering triggering the option to extend Anthony Martial and Raphael Varane's contracts by an extra year.

The Dutchman explained: "We are talking with Rapha Varane and with Anthony Martial. We triggered the options on Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Victor Lindelof and Hannibal."

Bondi77

Mentioned above, I know, but this is so beautiful, so mad, it must be repeated:

Man Utd Martial update

Erik ten Hag has claimed Manchester United are considering triggering the option to extend Anthony Martial and Raphael Varane's contracts by an extra year.

The Dutchman explained: "We are talking with Rapha Varane and with Anthony Martial. We triggered the options on Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Victor Lindelof and Hannibal."
So for Varane and Martial would cost 600k a week for another 12 months in wages....If these options are triggered than there is absolutely no common sense at our club.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Refreshing that we aren't just extending these berks. Sign for pittance or leave. Martial will probably take the pittance the daft can't. Our new Jones

CasaStreets

So for Varane and Martial would cost 600k a week for another 12 months in wages....If these options are triggered than there is absolutely no common sense at our club.
The entire point of the article is that the club aren’t triggering the extensions for those two players at their current wages… what did you not understand?