Martial exit?

hobbers

Its even more stupid for a crock to agree with termination. Chances are that they would just be injured for less money somewhere else.

The whole termination idea is just ridiculous and one of the most stupid and unrealistic things i read on this forum.
Stupid if it's a chronic injury that in reality is never going to sort itself out like with Jones or Owen Hargreaves, sure.

But for players like Martial who are just injury prone and feckless it's not a ridiculous idea, or at least nowhere near as ridiculous as giving him a 5 year 250k a week contract in the first place.

crackers0seven

So happy this fraud is on the way out of the club. Weak mentality and injury prone. Attitude as bad as sancho and like pogba in terms of having to consistently find a certain type of player to get the best out of Tony.. rather than him improve the players around him. Hopefully this is the start of a improved culture/mentality in squad and club. But after so many false dawns,who knows.

led_scholes

Probably won't see him again playing for us.
What a sad ending for one of the best talents we had the last decade.

He should have left in 2022. I still find it ridiculous that he left for Sevilla because he didn't want to play for Rangnick and we allowed him to come back.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
So this is the end of Martial, a player with ample promise who was allowed to grow complacent with his 5th-7th chance to make things right. That's why the likes of Omar Berrada believe that players should only get 1-2 years to get things right. First of all it makes no financial sense keeping an underperforming player especially on 200k a week. Secondly such attitude increase complacency as players will learn that they can get away with almost everything at Manchester United. I hope that people will finally acknowledge that and stop being so sentimental around players. If they have suffered a huge injury, they are close to the end of their contract and they need somewhere to train and get back to shape then they can do what Damiano Tommasi did few years ago. He took a normal salary (ie 1500 euros a month) which in turn allowed him full access to Roma treatment room etc.

Varun1

It'll truely be a new dawn when Martial, Lindelof, Sancho, Donny and a few others are no longer at the club. I thought we would sell many more last summer, and I hope this summer is different. But I half expect more disappointment.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
It'll truely be a new dawn when Martial, Lindelof, Sancho, Donny and a few others are no longer at the club.
That's right, there'll be a whole bunch of completely different players that need moving on.

devilish

I would have postponed his operation to summer. Let him do it when he's out of the club

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

That's right, there'll be a whole bunch of completely different players that need moving on.
You'd like to think that won't be as much of an issue in the future with the new structure upstairs, as we'll no longer have investment bankers in charge of making footballing decisions.

devilish

It’s not like he got injured on ski vacation.
I don't care how he got injured. He's been useless for us for years and he's going to be useless till the end of the season. He might as well be useless once he's out of the club as well. We're not talking about a Roy Keane here who gave his heart and soul to the club. I don't think I've ever saw Martial sweat in a red devil's shirt. Of course if he feels that he wants to be fit for the summer then he can always hop in at the office and revise his contract terms. Till then surely we can find a doctor or two who think that this operation can be postponed to the summer. It's a groin injury (I spent months with one until I got operated) not open heart surgery.

Last edited:

devilish

Not sure that would be very legal, treading a very fine line there.
If its legal then we should have done it. I am sick to the teeth of players taking advantage of us.

Unam333

So, we will get a striker in won't we? I would definitely try and sign Luuk de Jong on loan. Granted, he's another Dutch player and playing for PSV now. He's doing really well there, possibly winning the Dutch league. It seems impossible to lure him to United this season.

I think Koeman is right: every team needs a player like De Jong when chasing a goal and who is fantastic with headers. Much better than Weghorst and McTominay in that regard.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
So, we will get a striker in won't we? I would definitely try and sign Luuk de Jong on loan. Granted, he's another Dutch player and playing for PSV now. He's doing really well there, possibly winning the Dutch league. It seems impossible to lure him to United this season.

I think Koeman is right: every team needs a player like De Jong when chasing a goal and who is fantastic with headers. Much better than Weghorst and McTominay in that regard.
We're finally getting de Jong :drool:

davidmichael

So looking at mid April for Martial to be back in training then late April for him to be match fit so you can safely say he’s done at United and may get a few minutes in the last couple of games as a send off, criminally wasted talent as he looked a world beater at 19-20 years old.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Remember when he scored that goal on his debut against the scousers and how excited we all were about him? :(

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
So looking at mid April for Martial to be back in training then late April for him to be match fit so you can safely say he’s done at United and may get a few minutes in the last couple of games as a send off, criminally wasted talent as he looked a world beater at 19-20 years old.
Should never play for us again, not only would I rather we give chances the likes of Kai Rooney but Id rather we play McTominay as a striker than him.

davidmichael

Should never play for us again, not only would I rather we give chances the likes of Kai Rooney but Id rather we play McTominay as a striker than him.
I agree that fully that he shouldn’t but the likliehood is by late April we’ll have nothing at all to play for so it’s likely Martial would get a few minutes off the bench, I’d give the minutes to Hugill or McNeil if they were still at the club and I’ve got high hopes for Rooney.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I agree that fully that he shouldn’t but the likliehood is by late April we’ll have nothing at all to play for so it’s likely Martial would get a few minutes off the bench, I’d give the minutes to Hugill or McNeil if they were still at the club and I’ve got high hopes for Rooney.
It would be very disappointing if he did, hopefully we won't be so injury-ridden that that becomes a possibility. I'd rather have a square peg in a round hole there.

VivaRonaldo85

Martial should be used as a case study for our new era of senior football staff to reference to say this is how you don’t do it and we’re never going down this route again.

Chairman Steve

If he’s out for 10 weeks then I’m fairly sure we’re not seeing him play for us again. No chance someone as risk averse as him with his fitness gambles on reinjuring himself with weeks to go on his contract.

Red00012

Probably won't see him again playing for us.
What a sad ending for one of the best talents we had the last decade.

He should have left in 2022. I still find it ridiculous that he left for Sevilla because he didn't want to play for Rangnick and we allowed him to come back.
Some many things wrong with this post I don’t know where to start

led_scholes

Some many things wrong with this post I don’t know where to start
So I guess you don't consider him one of the best talents we had the last ten years (curious to learn how many players were more talented) and you are OK with a player giving an interview saying that he decided that didn't want to work with the manager before even meeting him.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I’ve always had the feeling that Martial is a professional footballer who doesn’t actually enjoy playing football. A bit similar to Tevez except the latter is way more talented and hardworking.

Devil81

I’ve always had the feeling that Martial is a professional footballer who doesn’t actually enjoy playing football. A bit similar to Tevez except the latter is way more talented and hardworking.
I never got the feeling Tevez didn't like playing football, I got the feeling he had zero loyalty and didn't care about upsetting anyone.

Martial on the other hand clearly doesn't care about football, he just loves the life it's given him.

jadaba

I'd almost forgotten he plays for us. I guess he won't make the threshold for a testimonial.

soapythecat

It's so nice heading into the Summer knowing we are finally off loading Martial. No chance of an extension or him staying to run down a ridiculous overpriced contract.
Good riddance.
I'd be surprised a half decent European team take him on.

Devil81

Martial isn't injured, leaked his contract wasn't being renewed and the following week had a mystery illness.

Then he was injured for the remainder of the season.